CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

O's Issues

These past few days, I have been tempted so many times to come online and update my blog but I wasn’t just able to find the time to do so. Things have just been crazy and I have been very busy.
So much has happened since I last posted and I can’t tell all with this post but I’ll try and update y’all as much as I can. Where do I start from now sef?

Okay, let me start with O.
I told you guys that he had called last week Monday to tell me he had a surprise for me. Well na so I dey dey wait for surprise o, monday passed.

Tuesday, I arrived the office to be told that my boss had called in sick and asked that I represent him at some event that day. I quickly discharged some of my duties and when it was time, I left for the event. Boss had said it was a Launching or something of the sort. I wondered what it was that they were launching. I didn’t realize he had meant Luncheon and I was the one who misunderstood him so I was delighted when I arrived the hotel where the event was scheduled to hold only to find that it was a buffet lunch organized by one of the media houses to appreciate those of us in the P.R sector. Who no like beta thing? Na so una sister just start to dig in o. I sampled almost everything that was on display and they all tasted really nice. I was still enjoying my meal when my phone started ringing and I glanced at it to find that it was O calling me. I quickly answered the call.

“hello baby, guess where…” I was still talking…the excitement in my voice, when he cut in.
“Aphrodite where are you??” I was surprised at the urgent tone in his voice. Wondering what was up, I replied “Am at P Hotel for a buffet”.
“Buffet?” he didn’t sound impressed. “Anyway I’m just coming from your office, I came with L to see you and was told you went out”. L was his elder sister.
“Eh…ya, you came with L and I missed seeing her…I had to come represent my boss at this luncheon…”
He didn’t let me finish. “So why didn’t you tell me you were going out?”.
I was shocked. Which kain question be dat one now? I couldn’t hold my tongue. “Why didn’t I tell you I was going out? So I have to tell you before I leave my office now or what?”
“What do you mean by that? No you don’t have to tell me anything, enjoy ur buffet, bye” and he cut the phone.
For a few seconds I just stared at my phone wondering what just happened.
Later, when I got back to the office. I called him back. I told him that I didn’t understand his anger since it wasn’t like he had told me that he was coming with L and I left the office without telling him. He insisted I shouldn’t have talked to him the way I did, telling him that I don’t have to tell him anytime I leave my office. I didn’t see what I said wrong and told him so. We argued a little while and when I realized that things were getting heated up I told him that I had to attend to some other issues and ended the call.

We didn’t speak again that day. He didn’t call and I didn’t call too.
Wednesday came, he didn’t call. I didn’t either.
Thursday still no word from O. I wasn’t going to call too. Remember I said I wasn’t going to push things anymore, so I chilled and played the silence game with him
Friday, three whole days and yet no word from him. WTF? I could understand him blanking me out for one day or two but three whole days?!! Which kain vexing be dat now? Then I started getting scared. I hope nothing had happened to him. Maybe he was sick or had an accident. Several thought were flying through my head. I couldn’t keep playing the silence game. I had to call to find out if he was okay. So I called.
“Hello, are you okay? Why haven’t I heard from you for three days now?”
His voice was low “I was upset with you…you scolded me”
WTF?!!!
“You were upset with me? That’s why you didn’t call? That is so childish and am very disappointed, well I just called to make sure you are okay and I can see you are so I guess we’ll talk later, bye bye”
I ended the call.
I didn’t know if I felt better or worse after calling him. He sounded so fickle telling me the reason he didn’t call me for three whole days was because he was upset with me. Upset for what? I didn’t know! Somehow, it opened my eyes a little. Those three days I didn’t hear from him were pure hell for me. I longed to hear his voice every minute and there he was telling me he didn’t call because of the little argument we had. I felt so sad. What that said to me was that probably we weren’t operating on the same frequency at all. My fears all this while were being confirmed gradually. It was pretty obvious now that he didn’t care about me as much as I did for him.

Anyway, later he called to tell me that he had said that to me then because he was somewhere then and he couldn’t talk at the time I had called. He said there were things he was dealing with and he would tell me about it later. I said okay and he dropped the phone.
I didn’t hear from him all through the rest of that Friday.
Saturday morning,i woke up with him on my mind. I hadnt seen him for almost two weeks now and was really missing him so I sent him a text.
“Are you pushing me away? Is that it? Tell me”
He didn’t reply immediately. Hours later, his reply came.
“Why would I push you away? There’s some stuff going on with me now. I know how you feel but don’t worry, I‘ll tell you everything”
There was nothing I could do except to wait for him to tell me what this thing that was coming between us was.

Later that evening he called and gave me some explanation on how he was having some issues at work, something that had happened at the previous bank where he used to work had come up again and it could threaten his job in his current bank if he didnt resolve it without their knowing. It sounded really serious and I got the feeling that he wasn’t telling me everything.
I didn’t know what to make of the whole situation. I mean, even if he was having problems, shouldn’t that be the more reason to call me and talk to me about it. I thought being in a relationship with someone you care about means having someone to share your joys and pains with.
So that’s the situation now guys. I hardly get to speak to him on the phone cos his phone is almost always switched off and it seems like ages since we last spoke at our usual happy hour(middle of the night).
I know I still care about him deeply but am not sure about ús and where all this is leading.
Will just wait it out, I guess.

I have to run now. Will be back to give you more gists on X and others. Sorry i havnt been able to visit all my blog pals, no be my fault abeg, na work abi if them sack me, una go employ me?

take care for now y'all!

14 comments:

bumight said...

all these petty arguments, na wa! u guys need to chill, relax and enjoy each other. I'm still on the "O fan club"....and I'm FIRST!

NikkiSab said...

I was gunning for 1st but ..thank u bumight for stealing my shine..lol. let me go read

NikkiSab said...

wow!!!! It must b serious wat he's going thru,but cant u call his landline at d office? Well sometimes early in r/ships its a bit difficult to be he's shoulder to lean on. For me and my boo we went thru some rough patches but d tin is holding out for a while and seeing the rainbow. Just be patient for as long as u can dear, ok.

Smaragd said...

WTF! if a guy can go three days wivout talking to me AT the beginning of a relationship, and because of sth so petty, i dont see that relationship becoming anything! that's my own

i've infact been there, and i was right, nothing came of it.

personally, O is getting on my nerves! please please please! if a guy is going through stuff, THAT is the time to talk to the person who believes in u the most and will encourage u no matter what! ah!

I know u care about him, so b4 i put my foot in my mouth, lemme just tell u to PRAY!

Sasuke said...

Pele my dear i feel your pain but you need to be patient and positive at this point cos any little slip or false assumption might just really mess things up 4 you guys.
there is no harm in giving him the benefit of doubt that he might be a bit busy but honestly i think what he needs right now is your support emotionally. just call him up and tell him that you are always here for him whenever he comes through.
life is a risk my dear. there is no need being scared or apprehensive. all you need to know is that you are giving your best.

you would be ok.

and the three days of not calling you is just a mind game thingy to make him feel missed but i can bet he tot about you through out. we men can be childish sometimes

princesa said...

I just love ur blog, always some interesting gist,lol!

I don't know o. Will come back to give my own advice.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

i'm sorry that the stress in his career is making its way into your relationship. If you care about him enough, you might want to wait it out.

Best of luck, my sista. Have some patience, if you can.

LG said...

dearie,*sighs*
wat can i sayy?
just be urself, i'm sure everything ll wrk out fine

*take kia!!!

Flourishing Florida said...

hmmmm.

last week, someone wondered O's committment 2 u ....

am afraid, am beginning 2 tow dat line

dis is all too rocky 4 a new relationship.

seriously, dis is d time he should b calling u non-stop. wen everything dat happens, u r d first 2 hear abt it. he won't b able 2 help himself. he's so excited having u n his life, dat he throws caution 2 d winds

but, i don't get dat vibe of a man crazy n love

i used too, but not anymore

well, i may b biased, since am only hearing one side of d story.

u should definitely lie low & watch things unfold.

best of luck

Jay said...

Relationships can have rough times...just chill out, let him chill out and see how things are. I think at this stage, patience is the key.

Goodluck girl.

Aphrodite said...

@bumight, u still on O's fan club? okay o

@nikki, will try to be patient but i assure u babes, my patience is waning seriously

@smaragd, somehow, i know you are speaking the truth girl and it hurts

@sasuke, you might be right. thanks for the love bro

@princesa, where are u now?

@solo, everyone is saying patience, patience. My name is not patience o

@lg, thanks babe

@florida, exactly! I dont get that vibe of a man in love at all. Used to but not anymore.

@jarrai, thanks darling.Will try.

Naija Idol said...

im not d best at this cos believe me i feel u on this one. i know d guy is having a hard time and all but dat doesnt mean he should ignore ur happy hours oh.

Aphrodite said...

@naijaidol, am with u on that one girl.

Buttercup said...

what is it wit guys lettin their 'issues' hinder their relationships' progress?? it just aint right...yea, u shud probably give him the benefit of the doubt but at the same time prepare for the worst(i aint no pessimist)..take care of u!