CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

O or X?

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
The truant is back!
Yes o, no be for only school na im person dey be truant o. I have given myself the title-“Ogbonge truant of Blogville”,lol…
First of all, let me apologize to those that haven’t seen me at their blogs. Really am truly sorry but you know the reason now…work! I dey try small sha to pop in once in a while but it’s not been easy I must confess. I hail those who are able to update everyday and check all the blogs cos e no easy ra ra…

Secondly, I’ll like to thank everyone who drops by to read and comment. I appreciate all of you and y’all make me look forward to coming here everytime.

Okay that done. Now to give u the latest gist.

O finally broke the silence by Monday evening. He sent a text asking how I was and all. I replied his text telling him I was doing fine and asking after his affairs too. A few minutes after I sent the text, he called. I guess he was probably waiting for the green light(my reply) lol…

We spoke at length. He apologized for blanking me out and I accepted his apologies. However, I told him I didn’t like his way of cutting me out each time we had an argument and he promised he was going to stop doing that.

So we made up.

I haven’t spoken about X for some time now and it’s not becos we haven’t been in touch. We have been seeing each other; you all know his office is just opposite mine so he comes in regularly to say hi. Then again we live in the same vicinity so he comes around to the house sometimes. I must admit that I haven’t been discouraging him. Truthfully, he has been exceptionally good to me. Really caring and all…it’s almost like we are back to the way we used to be.

Am sure peeps like Charizard and LG go don dey frown by now,lol…

Okay I confess, I have started liking X all over again o. Maybe its becos O has been acting sme-sme of late and X has been like the perfect boyfriend model. I don’t know if that’s the reason but I sha know I am liking the guy even though my likeness never reach the point wey I go dey accept im sexual advances,lol…

Sometime last week, X was in my house and my folks had all gone out. We were watching TV together when small time bobo come begin to dey rub my body and come dey try to kiss me. I put on this fierce face and told him to “Stop... I don’t want!” Then I moved over to another couch. The bobo didn’t like it but wetin im go do? True am feeling him but not to that level yet. Man must tread cautiously abeg and O still dey there sef.

Anyway some times when we are together and O calls. I see the look X gives me but I sha ignore him. Once, I got a text from O and as I was reading it, I forgot X was there and I was smiling this goofy smile. When I finish reading and looked up, X was looking at me with a funny look on his face. I asked him “What?” and he said “That was a guy’s text that is making you smile abi?” I didn’t reply.

Then I asked him a question.

“Are we back together, what are we really doing?”
He says. “Yes we are back together babe”
Am like, “How did that happen…you do remember I told you there was someone in my life?”
He goes. “Yes I do and now you mention it, we need to talk about it. I noticed you have been receiving phone calls from some guy and text messages too. I know you’ve said it before but I didn’t believe you. Now I want to hear it from you again. Do you have another guy?”
I look at his face and see the seriousness. “Yes I do, am seeing another guy”
He looks like he had just been slapped and I noticed he tries to pull himself together and give me that macho attitude that guys give.
“Okay so now we need to get this settled finally. You have been with me and now you are with this guy. I want you back, in fact I want to marry you but I don’t want to be the second guy in your life. It’s either me or that guy. I want you to choose now so we can sort this once and for all”

The last time this came up between X and I , I somehow got out of it, now this is looking really tight!

Most of you probbably think i should tell X off and stick with O but It's not that easy. I couldn't! At that point when X asked me to choose, I realized that I still feel something for him a lot of things flashed through my mind. I remembered when we used to date and how good and caring he always was. X always went out of his way to ensure i was happy. He never gave me attitude like O does sometimes. Even when I misbehave he is always quick to forgive and forget. Do I really want to give up X for O?

And then I remembered the last time I was with O. That was a day after we had made up over the phone. We hung out after work and he had apologized all over again, saying he was going to put in more effort to make our relationship work.
I had asked him the ultimate question most unserious guys hate to hear. “What do you want out of this relationship”. I didn’t mean to pressure him to say he wanted to marry me o, I just wanted to psych him up a little.
His response was: “I really care about you babe and want you in my life but I want us to take this one day at a time”

O wants to take things a day at a time.
X wants to marry me today today

What do I want?
I want to marry a man that I love and respect and who will love and respect me forever.

The question now is who will that man be? O or X.

O hasn’t proposed o and X seems to be getting impatient for an answer.

Una fit help me for this one?

Happy weekend everyone!

23 comments:

Flourishing Florida said...

am first! Yeah! No one should mess wit moi! Am d ultimate, d greatest, the ...

i'd better post dis comment b4 all these fast girls do so b4 me

Flourishing Florida said...

i've finished reading.

hmmm.

my dear, u & dis O fit sef. una dey take turns blow hot & cold! one week, u. d other week, him. match made n heaven!

i can understand u mixed feelings with X. of course u'd have feelings 4 him, u ddnt b4 ddnt u? they don't just die like dat. they get buried. sometimes they r ressurected, 4 d good or bad. sometimes, we meet someone new & terrific dat they stay buried. so, don't b surprised. d question now is, which one.

my vote: X. i think he's more matured. nothing i love like a man who knows what he wants & doesn't give dat crap of 'let's take it one step @ a time'. Sweetie, i've heard it all b4. & more times dan not, daz him saying 'am not sure, pls don't press it'. he may b feeling u, but isn't sure weda or wedan't. on d other hand, it could just me a plain 'he's just NOT that into you', enough 2 want 2 marry u sha.

O'Dee said...

We can't help u oh, u have to make the decision yourself.

Leme say 2 things;
1. when u date 2 guys at a time it makes things really confusing. So u might want 2 step back, clear your head n analyze things properly.

2. When u r having a misunderstanding with ur boo, the last thing u want 2 do is give your time 2 another guy, cos @ that point d other guy will be 100% better than your boo.
Selah.

Have a lovely weekend.

Flourishing Florida said...

oluwadee get point there o.

Jay said...

Girl...this decision is yours and yours only...and it won't be easy but you gotta choose.

I totally concur with Oluwadee...you need to take a step back and ponder on who is the "best" choice for you

Goodluck xxx

Mz. Dee said...

Oluwadee is right hun.. take a step back.. and don't rush into marriage.

Btwwww..uve been tagged bye moiiii to do the music player thing!(check my blog) I no say u dey busy.. but just try!

xxx

Naija Idol said...

hmmm. sist. i dont think the answers r going to come from this end oh.i think u have dat decision to make.all the same, gudluck girl.

zara (my alter ego) said...

hmm problem! well wen playing x and o's i always preferred the o's..*wink.. pray dear.... but o too shudt stop fronting nd leave it to u..ure the gal!

going back to x mite make him too smug(considering u've been saying ure in another relationship) so string him along for a while yet nd lets hope o gets matured within that time.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I really respect the fact that you were honest with O and told him about X. Big-ups for that..
Lie-lie I cant help you with this marra! I second Oluwadee sha!

Unknown said...

Only u can decide o, sista.
I'm with Oluwadee and Jarrai. Consider spending some time away from both men. Think about what you really need in the long term...I hope this helps.

I'm curious as to why you broke up with X in the first place. Can you fill us in on this in your next update? Take care, babe.

theicequeen said...

dilema!!! ryt now, X sounds more husbandish, but maybe thats cuz youre contrasting him wiv O...just let things play out..somehow eventually stuff sorts itself out!

Femi Adeyemi said...

X knows you're vulnerable and seeking any kind of attention since O, doesn't seem to be giving as much as you would like. Hehe, its easy to think X is the mr nice guy just because he's always around you. But how well do you really know X? What happens if he gets what he wants and then leaves you hanging?

Guess u have to work harder at your relationship with O, and stop running to X all the time.

Hope u make the right decisions, and pray about it too.

Have a good week. Take good care.

Afrobabe said...

My dear...no body fit help you for this one oh...shag one of them lets know where we stand biko...

BlogVille Idol said...

we have unveiled 2008 blogville idol contestants check out the page to know when the competition starts and for more details and pls make sure u participate by listening and voting for your favorite contestant...pls stop by d page and show us some love!tanx

Flourishing Florida said...

afro, see d kain advise u dey give dis chick! if na shagging levels, i feel say na X go carry tops o, so make we no confuse aphro further.

@ babe: na ur respond i dey wait o

LG said...

@oluwadee: more blessing, nor mind dis yeye gurl na so, unda her korokoro eyes, diehard lagos babes go hook O, nor vex me o.

Aphrodite said...

@florida, you raised very salient points there sweetie. I also feel that X is more mature than O both age and attitude wise. Anyway make we dey see sha…

@oluwadee, lovely incisive comment dear. A step would have been the way to go but I think I just took a step forward o…will update soon on that.

@jarrai, yea I guess u are right. It’s my decision to make but I also need advise from you my friends.

@mz.dee, I hope I can find time to do this tag thingy o…anyway thanks for tagging me dear.

@naijaidol, thanks dear, I need all the luck I can get now.

@zara,lol…why do u prefer the Os? Stringing him along till am sure doesn’t seem a bad idea but how long can I play this game? I hope it doesn’t backfire o

@NDQ,lol…thanks anyway.

@naijalines, oh dear…u didn’t read the post where I talked about what happened between X and I? In truth when I think of it now, I was just at a point when I needed to take a break from the relationship. Read it here-http://aphroditessearch.blogspot.com/2008/05/tumbo-tumbo.html

@theicequeen, maybe u have a point. I am with u on letting things unfold. ZI hope the picture gets clearer soon. Thanks.

@the genius, thanks for ur comment bro. As per how well I know X. I have known him for almost 3 years now and even when we were dating, I have never been in doubt of his intention. He had come to see my folks and expressed his intention from the onset and introduced me to his people. I know it’s only a matter of my saying ‘yes’ and he would do the honourable thing.
And he(X) doesn’t know O isn’t giving me as much attention as I would like.
Working harder at my relationship with O really depends on if he is ready to work harder as well.

@afro, lol…u cant guess what happened this weekend!

@blogvilleidol, okay will check.

@florida, no mind afro jare but *coughs*…story dey sha…

@lg, me yeye gurl? Lol…if no be say I love you ennn…lol…diehard lagos babes, I don dey look u one kain o,lol…

LG said...

ehen... so u dey fear?????? lolllll
take ur time o, cos i no wan hear say sumn do sumn, afterall if O no propose , wat stops u 4rm proposing to him ehn??
*abeg no quote me o*lollllllllll

njoy!!!!

bumight said...

my question is: why did u ask X if u guys were back together?

neways I second Oluwadee and Genius.

Buttercup said...

i read the most recent post before readin this...it seems like u r stickin wit O, so, all the best babe, be happy!

Anonymous said...

sorry but left to me i like X sha...i'm very suspicious about O...true that he may be busy but i keep getting this vibe from your posts that he has something to hide...

His a man, sorry, regardless of how busy he his he will always be able to make time...

Now, i'm usually quite paranoid bout men so maybe that's it kicking in...I really think O has something to hide...

But in the long run...abeg pick as it tickles ur fancy...

Aphrodite said...

@lg, propose to O ke? Abeg my desperado never reach that level,lol...

@bumight, maybe i just wanted to let him know the true situation of things...

@buttercup thanks sweets!

@s.chic, thanks for the comment girl. I know excatly what u are feeling cos i get that vibe at times, anyways let's watch and see...

WeirdGurl said...

nutty gal. lol

weirdbabe.blogspot.com