CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Update Gist.

“Babe are you enjoying the movie?”
X moved in to close the space between us and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.I felt he was too close for comfort and tried to pull myself away but he held on tightly.
“Yea, I am”
That was not particularly true cos I was yet to fully understand what the movie was all about. So far, it had seemed boring and I wasn’t really feeling the movie and the unpopular faces being paraded in it.
It was a Saturday and I was at a cinema with X. I had been too happy to accept his offer when he called to propose it cos I didn’t have anything better planned for the day and my other option would have been to stay in bed feeling blue over O’s recent attitude and wishing he would call.
So there I was with X in the cinema and he was trying to get all touchy feely and lovey dovey but I was trying to squirm out of his grip without making it so obvious.
I stared sideways at him and couldn’t help noticing the goofy grin on his face. He seemed so happy being with me there. I asked my self if I was happy to be there with him or was it just a welcome escape from a dreary day. I hadn’t arrived at an answer yet when he butted into my thoughts with a comment on the movie. I didn’t even hear what he said but nodded smiling as if I did.

I turned my attention back to the movie but yet again I couldn’t stop my thoughts from wandering. I thought of the woman at the body care shop. We had stopped over there to look around before we headed for the cinema. Coincidentally, X had known her from somewhere and they exchanged pleasantries like long-lost friends. X introduced me to her as ‘My woman’. I wasn’t sure I was comfortable bearing that tag just yet. I had bought a facial soap and promised the woman I’d be back some time in the future to buy the body shop oil perfume I liked.
I wondered what she would think if I sauntered into her shop at a later date with O cos this particular mall was one I visited with O at times. Of course she would expect me to be with X since he had given her the impression we were an item, a hot item at that. Would she think I was a loose girl who dated several men at the same time? What did I care really? I wondered.

The movie soon ended and I was grateful. I had seen better movies and this one didn’t cut it with me at all, something about a bank job(robbery). It was the same old, same old, nothing new there.

As we drove out of the mall, O asked if I wanted some ice-cream. We could head to a particular popular ice-cream joint, he offered. I wasn’t too keen on that cos I was on some kind of diet. Diet? Who was I kidding? I usually spoilt the diet soon after I started,lol…. I made a mental note in my head not to spoil this particular diet with my longthroat,lol..

So I declined and asked that we head home. I had an appointment with my tailor that evening so I might as well go see her. He said okay and we headed home.
As he dropped me off at my tailor’s, he made to kiss me. I still wasn’t ready to start exchanging mouth liquids with him just coupled with the fact that I was still technically with O and I was still kissing him(we are not shagging o). That is one thing with me, I can’t bring myself to kiss two guys at the same time talk less of shagging them both, am not just that type of girl!
So I turned my cheek for a peck, thanked him for the date and got down.

Sunday came.
I didn’t hear from O still and I wasn’t ready to hang out with X again. Two days in a row would just confirm that we were back together and I wasn’t sure about that yet so I prepared for a quiet day of lounging at home. I was lying in bed reading a novel when K’s call came in. God! I had practically forgotten he still existed. I picked the call and we yakked a lil’bit. How have you been and all that bla bla bla. Then he asked if we could see cos it had been a while and he wanted to talk to me. I didn’t bother asking him about what cos I already knew it won’t be on anything else than how much he loved me and wanted me to consider him and bla bla bla,lol..
Anyway I was in a low spirits cos of O and it wouldn’t be bad to have someone toast me and make me feel good about myself (Not fair on K, I know so hold on with the preaching guys). I spent the rest of the day with K, he took me to a buffet lunch at one popular hotel like that and I have to admit, I had fun although at a point I was thinking how it would have been much more fun if I was there with O and not K.

Through out our date, K kept asking me about my boyfriend. I kept saying which boyfriend? Did you dash me boyfriend? But he insisted that he knew I was in love with someone and I was dating this person. He made reference to those times he’d called my phone in the middle of the night only to discover I was talking with someone. I knew he was talking about O but I didn’t want to confirm anything so I just sat there and smiled all through.

Something else he said caught my attention. He said although he wanted to marry me, he wouldn’t kill himself if I gave him an invite to my wedding soon. He’d take it as one of those things but that it would hurt him terribly if it turned out to be X, I was getting married to(yea, they know themselves and there is some sort of rivalry btw them).
I laughed and asked him why marrying some other guy would hurt him less than me marrying X. He didn’t give me a cogent reason but I suspect it had something to do with X finally getting what he(K) didn’t get.

On to O.
I saw O for the first time in more than two weeks, yesterday.
I was at my desk working in my office, trying to finish a presentation I was working on before leaving for home when I saw his familiar figure at the door. How come the receptionist didn’t call to inform me he was here, I wondered. Plus I was looking really harassed and disheveled. If she had informed me, I could have applied powder and brushed my hair or something. I hadn’t seen him(O) for a while and I would have loved him to see me looking fab.
“There was no one out there so I let myself in” he said as he walked in.
I looked at the time, phew! It was after 5pm already, the receptionist must have left, she hardly waited for the official closing time before taking off. Probably to see her own bf, what my own sef?lol…

I didn’t know what to do. All at once so many emotions were conflicting in my head. Anger, Excitement, Sadness, Happiness, I just didn’t know what to feel exactly so I turned my attention to the computer monitor, my work suddenly seemed more interesting.
Then he came close, wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my neck. I caught a whiff of his scent, Kouros, I had made him buy it, it was one perfume that almost always get me weak in the knees and that moment wasn’t an exception. Then he tuned my face and kissed my lips. I could already feel the throbbing down there and I needed him to stop before I gave myself away.

Anyway he stayed for a while and we talked.
He apologized for his recent attitude and told me the issues he had with his former bank had been sorted out.
I was silent for a while, then i asked. “Was it some other woman?” he shook his head.
“It was just work stress and the issues you had?” I questioned again. He nodded his head.

As we hugged and kissed before he left, I was in no doubt that I truly cared about this guy. Why is it that it’s the one we love that causes us so much heartache? Why can he be just as doting as K or X or Bobo Nice or BG? Maybe we don’t have a future together but one thing I know is this, I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts!

Have a great weekend y’all, love ya!

28 comments:

LG said...

1st!!!!

LG said...

Babes, u know its O, i know its O
so werrin b all dis yakayaka wit X and K, nor make me vex o

*njoy ur w'end (wit O)lol!!!

Aphrodite said...

@lg, as O no want me nko?
My dear i hope its with O but if he no show, a girl must find alternative sha:)

LG said...

......Then he came close, wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my neck. I caught a whiff of his scent, Kouros, I had made him buy it, it was one perfume that almost always get me weak in the knees and that moment wasn’t an exception. Then he tuned my face and kissed my lips. I could already feel the throbbing down there and I needed him to stop before I gave myself away.

@aphrodite: pls babes, i cld have sworn i saw dis somewhere, but cant remember where??? can u tel me where??? *smiles mischieviously*
yeye gurl, abegi follow ur heart jare!!

Smaragd said...

i love body shop perfume oils too!u have taste jare.

the thing with us girls is that, it is THAT THING we want or want to do that we almost always do irrespective of people's counsel.

So, i'm not even poking my nose into this X and O isssue anymore. Aphrodite dear, have fun and do what u feel is best for u okay? dont 4get to pray sha.

Flourishing Florida said...

hmmmm

well girl, i must tell u, am as confused as u r. i can't figure O out. one thing is clear sha, u love him. based on dat, i'd say 'fashi X, K, Bobo Nice, & every other person' & see if something will come out of this. if it doesn't, at least u gave it d best shot u could.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
O'Dee said...

U & these men in ur life; X, O, k...

Ms. emmotions said...

some relationships have issues yet they survive,
u know wat gal,
i will wait to read 2 or 3 update on this O guy then i will tell u wat i think.
i actually was here, silently read ur update and left without a comment cos i wasnt sure watt to say yet,
enjoy it gal and we will see how it plays out just be very wise in all this,
i will tell u wat i think soon dear

hugs****

Unknown said...

First time here...

The mystery of love is such that wisdom becomes foolery and foolery is paraded as wit.
A lady friend of mine once said,"it is better to marry a man who is crazy about you than marrying a man you are crazy about". Come to think of it, even if there is an element of truth in this statement, we should not forget in a hurry that there are fantasies of people we have held so supreme in our childhood days and each time we think about those childhood fantasies now, we laugh at our innocence of the real essence of life and love. Maybe love is all a dream! Maybe someday, we would look back and laugh at our foolery or maybe we would smile at our wit.
Maybe we are just some helpless characters in the hands of some drunken gods, who relish at our foolery and drink to our ignorance! Just maybe...

But...what can we do? We can't seem to stop ourselves from loving him. We hate the things love does to us but we can't let love go and silently we pray 'God let it be him'.

I pray it is O cos it appears you are happy with him

Unknown said...

Babe, do whatever your little voice tells you. That little voice we all have in our head...One's instincts are always right. Take care.

Buttercup said...

wow i dont even know what to say...lol...this O must be really smooth...just be happy jere!

Simi Speaks said...

wow. keep it coming. i tell ya, u have a great love life going on there. lol.. spicy! not sure if am feeling O too much tho.. too elusive for me.

Aphrodite said...

@lg, where did you see it? I swear all that came from my brain, if u saw it else where it must a coincidence.

@smaragd, i wont forget to pray dearie, thanks.

@florida, will think about what you said. thanks for ur advice babes.

@oluwadee, lol...na wa for us abi?

@ms.emmotions, no comment yet, fear don dey catch me o, a whole relationship counselloer no no wethin to talk for my matter. That one means say tory don get k-leg now?:)
Waiting to hear what you have to say girl.

@dammy, welcome since it's ur first time but that comment, is dat philosophy of love or...;)

@naijalines, thanks babes, will listen hard.

@buttercup, the guys is a real smooth operator.

@simi, I understand what u are saying babes and it's sad cos he is the one am feeling most:(

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Take am easy oooooh. Poor K!

Naija Idol said...

awww. anyways have fun.i prefer O to the rest of them.maybe he was actually stressed wiv work cis u know working in a bank aint easy at all.

Chari said...

Kai...me n LG will fyt very soon...this babe dey steal ma spot na...

Aphro...please dnt make me bitch-slap u from here how can u say O no want u...u don call my guy since all these days...one call jus one call to reassure him that ur his will not ruin ur rep as a Lady and skenxzy girl in ma books o

cuz baby its too obvious that ur happy nowhere else...shish

wait did u say he uses Kouros? the guy na bad guy u sef Bad babe! I salute!

aww...I dunno the answer to ur question buh I know it will get better in time...

NaijaBabe said...

whoaaaaaa!

Babes are getting whipped left right and centre...hmmm

bumight said...

see, I've told you that I'm firmly rooting for O, and no, I'm not related to him, lol!

who is BG again?

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

u and the men in ur life.its all good sha u kip us entertained

Afrobabe said...

Me, I like O sha...if he no want u then chase him till he does...how dare he not want....

simplegal said...

Interesting....

I feel, just like everyone else here, that O is the one. It's just so clear that ur really feeling him...It probably was just work stress...you know some people like keeping their problems to themselves. Shaaz I'm keeping you in my prayers, hope all works out well.
Take care dear.

Sasuke said...

i thought i left a comment earlier? anyways i gbadun your resolve to enjoy it while it lasts dats really hard core and it shows you are not ready to be anyones hand bag.
my sister shit happens oh! just look out for yourself ok! hopefully things would turn out right

princesa said...

Sorry am late boo.
Its obvious you are feeling O, but i hope you ain't letting ur feelings for him becloud ur senses o.
Would hate for u to get hurt at the end of the day.Shine ya eyes,lol!

ejura said...

I really enjoyed reading this.
I like the way you love O. It would have been another story if you weren't sure how you felt about him in the face of these two other guys.

As for X being all touchy and claiming intimacy that isn't there, i hate that so much. Why do some guys do that? I find it annoying really.

As for K, aya, I kinda like the way he sounds.

I wish you and O the very best. The way he came into yr office and kissed you reminds me of a chic flic. You deserve to be happy.

Takia!

Jayn Sean said...

LOL..that 1st paragraph really cracked me up b4 even starting. I'll be right back sweets, just came to let you know i'm back. Missed you. Will be right back. Promise.

Aphrodite said...

@ejura, wow! You finally pay me a visit. Glad you enjoyed the post and thanks for your wishes.

@jaybabe, welcome back sweets.

NikkiSab said...

OMG!!!! I'm late.
U like O a great deal, cos u respect him even though he aint been around. Wat can I say but follow ur heart. Nwanne which movie u watch?