CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No more pushing things abeg!

One whole week since I last posted, phew! Am sure you guys can’t wait to hear the latest happenings in my love life. I can’t wait to spill the gist too but before I start, I’ll like to thank everyone who dropped a comment on my last post. Am so grateful to you all. It’s a wonderful feeling knowing there are people out there- people you have never met before who care as much as to give advice, a listening ear or a warm hug(even if its virtual). You guys are super cool.

Okay to my today’s gist.

You all know how I was confused last week cos it was like I was stuck in the middle of O and X and I had to make a decision on who to be with. Two bloggers comments on my last post gave me an insight as to how to progress with my situation. One was soupasexys’ where she advised me to just let things flow, play the two guys and see who makes it in the end. The other was naijachickito who felt that it wasn’t a do/die affair and I needed to take things easy and focus on being myself and have fun cos i may not end up with either guy at the end of the day.

I decided that I was going to just let things be. No pushing things. No worrying if O really loves me or not. No answers for X yet but I won't push him away like I was doing initially. I’ll just wait things out at least until am sure it was time to make a move.

So I chilled. I didn’t call any of them, neither O nor X. I just chilled and found other stuffs to amuse myself with. Even when the weekend came, I didn’t call O to find out if we were hooking up. I felt like if he wanted to see me, he would initiate the move, ask me for a date and all.
He called me on Saturday morning to say his bank was having some training that day and though he would have loved to spend the day with me, he couldn’t. Surprisingly, I took it calmly. I told myself not to feel bad and I called a couple of friends and we arranged to hang out on the island.


Thankfully, X didn’t call. I had promised to give him the answer to his question on Saturday and since I didn’t have any answer for him, my plan was to avoid him all weekend.

Sunday came, still no word from O as to whether we were seeing or something. I didn’t call either. Later on, in the afternoon he sent me a text saying how special I was to him and all that lovey dovey ish. Me I was getting fed up with his talk talk and no action so I just read the text and didn’t bother to reply it.

The rest of Sunday looked boring for me until I remembered Bobo Nice. He had called me during the last week to ask that we hang out during the weekend and I had promised to call him if I was free.

A brief background on Bobo Nice.

I met Bobo Nice in camp four years ago during my NYSC and since then we’ve been good friends. We hang out once in a while and he has never hidden the fact that he wants more than friendship with me. When we first met I was in a relationship so dating him was out of the question. A year later, I broke up with the guy I was dating then and Bobo Nice cashed into the opportunity to ask me for a more intimate relationship. I said No because I couldn’t imagine having a love relationship with him. He was my friend and that was it. I told him how I felt then and I thought he understood where I was coming from but last year, after one of our dates, he had told me how he loved me so much and how he wanted to settle down and had prayed about it and how he believed I was the woman for him and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and have me bear his kids.

Meeen, I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say. He asked that I think about it and he didn’t want me to give him an answer immediately so I promised that I would but sincerely my peeps, I have thought about it a lot and though Bobo Nice is a great guy, very reserved and God fearing, not into women(he had confessed to me that for three years now, he hadn’t been with a woman not because he didn’t have urges but because he had promised God that the next woman he would be with would be his wife), he has a great job and a promising career. The truth remains that I am not sexually attracted to him. Don’t get me wrong, am not a sex freak but I believe that I need to sexually desire a man I intend to marry, correct me if am wrong abeg my friends but that’s how I feel.

Bobo Nice is not bad looking, infact some people may even call him handsome but when I look at him, I can’t picture myself in his arms or kissing him or making love to him. I just see him as my friend and nothing more. My heart doesn’t do a flip when he looks at me like it does for O. Anyway, I think that’s enough background on Bobo Nice already.

So that Sunday afternoon, I called Bobo Nice. I needed to get my mind off O and try to have fun. Fortunately, Bobo Nice was in my area so we met up at a bar for some drinks. The music at the bar was nice and I had fun. It was a welcome distraction for me and I enjoyed myself.


Later as I was saying goodnight to Bobo Nice. He brought up the marriage issue again and told me that he had been praying about it seriously and it was revealed to him in a dream that there were three men who were strong contenders in my mind and I was confused as to who to choose among them. I told him that his dream was wrong cos they were more than 3 guys asking for my hand in marriage. He insisted that they may be more than 3 but the dream revealed that three of them were at the forefront. If I tell you guys, I wasn’t shocked, I’d be lying but I tried to cover up my shock and laughed at his dream. When he left, I thought more about what he had told me. Who were these 3 guys? There was O, X, K, B.G and Bobo Nice. Now that was 5 abi? Anyway dreams can be funny at times

Later, Sunday night O called to apologise for not seeing me all weekend. He said he had to go to the office too on Sunday. I told him I was getting used to his excuses now and it didn’t bother me too much anymore. He kept apologizing and said he had a surprise for me-something I would love very much. I wasn’t excited at all and i just told him, I’ll wait and see what it was.

Monday afternoon, X showed up in my office. He had been out of Lagos on an official assignment and just returned which was why i didnt hear from him all weekend.
He asked me out to lunch and I accepted. I was dreading the moment when he would ask me for an answer to his last week question but thank God, he didn’t even bring up the subject. We had a pleasant lunch and later in the evening after close of work, he dropped me off at home. As I was getting out of his car, he made to kiss me on the lips but I turned my cheek. Men! They don’t waste any time. For now, a peck is as far as I’ll let him go.


There, that’s a recap of all that’s been happening. I’ll be back with some more gists soon. Feel free to leave your comments without bias. I love reading them.

Toodles,


Aphrodite.

30 comments:

Buttercup said...

i'm the 1st for once,yay!!!!! awwwww, makin decisions bout men has to be one of the hardest things ever...its just a shame that the person who cud actually be perfect(or almost) for u is the one who doesnt make ur heart flip or ur palms sweat....who knows, it just might happen eventually, u know how these things happen!

Chari said...

ehn?!

First day that buttercup will come first

*turns around* "Mama, mama buttercup came first!!!!"

Mama: Heeeiii...my prayer and fasting has not beeen for nothing!!!!


Ok now to a more serious note...

I dnt understand sth...by action that u want from O what do u mean?

hmmn..

*mutter under breath*

One girl carry water she no know...

Goodluck on ur dangerous game oh...

simplegal said...

Wonderful reading your blog as usual! You have a hard decision ahead of you...wish I could offer some advice, but I'm the worst person you can ask for romantic advice... *BIG hug* Hope everything works out well!

Aphrodite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aphrodite said...

@buttercup, why o why would it be the person that doesnt make my heart flip?

@charizard,by actions, i mean call me, want to see me and make me feel loved and wanted.
Which water i carry? Come explain that proverb o!

@simple gal, thanks dear.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

~Mr.Bobo Nice sounds like a nice guy. But I definately believe that you have to be sexually attracted to the man your going to marry. It may be petty, but its true. That being said, just go with the flow, and most importantly: Seek God. If God revealed stuff to him, he will reveal it to you!

Naija Idol said...

hmm this is serious oh.i think u should keep doing wat ure doing everything will fall in place.

bumight said...

this babe, its hard to keep up with u and all the bobos in ur life o! see, I was rooting for O, before u pulled the bobo nice card, ok, I think i need to go do a lil more research on ur case, will brb!

Anonymous said...

this your O sha, i'm not sure if i'm feeling him very much...i mean, everyone is busy and everyone works...but we make time for the things that are important to us...is it just me, but he always seem to have excuses sha! It's interesting that his the one u're feeling the most!

Hope all works well in the end though...

Andrew F. Alalade said...

That description of Bobo Nice was a bit harsh sha!
Would stick close to your blog to find out who wins...One of the 3, sorry 5 or maybe someone we don't even know yet.
Thanks for the advice.

Flourishing Florida said...

i sorta agree with charizard, dis could work 2 ur favour. it could also backfire. but i think if u r not ok with O as he is, den don't b too fast 2 make a committment. abt bobo nice, wot can i say. it sounds like settling 2 me. he's great but u r not feeling him - really, y bother. anyways, guess d soundest advice i can give now is 4 u 2 pray & pray & pray. if u r sleeping wit any of dem, u might consider stopping so dat ur head can clear small

LG said...

Hmmm, babes u don confuse me now, werrin i go talk......*scratches head*

NikkiSab said...

hmm... Babe u de check ur temperature? U r TOOO HOT!! lol Take ur time n choose d right 1. God is in control dear

Stuck in my throat said...

I think you should pray hard o...
May we not use our husband to do boyfriend and our boyfriend to do husband.

Afrobabe said...

Someone’s been busy…that dream would have creeped me out …lol..

Aphrodite said...

@nigeriandramaqueen, am with you sista.
@naijaidol, thanks.
@bumight, still expecting you back girl
@sassiechic, my feelings exactly! if bobo don tire for me, no need to puh things abeg.
@andy, pls stick close. Your advice is highly needed.
@florida, thanks for that advice love. NO, am not sleeping with any of them.
@lg, how i take confuse you now?
@nikki, lol...maybe na why i dey get malaria everytime. I dont want to be too hot, i just want my own man!!!
@stuck, Amen o
@afro, i have really been busy love. The dream creeped me out too.

Mz. Dee said...

lol @ stuck in the throat
I hv no idea wat to say but i'm enjoyin doin "follow follow" in ur search of love.
Btw.. wich church does Bobo Nice go to??
This one dat he's hvin propehtic dreams..
Goodluck bab..

Mz. Dee said...

argh.. babe***

princesa said...

Hmmm...i agree with you.
dont push things. Whats yours is urs!

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Maybe you should dream too...

;)

Chris Ogunlowo said...

The Bobo know say u get blog?

Aphrodite said...

@mz dee, you are always welcome to do follow follow
@princesa, thanks babe. me i just dey chill now.
@aloofar, i doubt that, moreover he is not the type to read blogs.

O'Dee said...

I totly disagree with d title of ur blog (Chronicles of a girl in search of love). love is steering you in the face.

I like Bobo nice, tho am not 2 cool with his dreams, I feel you should date him. Theres loads of reasons y, 1 of which is he has been on ur case 4 years. 2 me thats a sign of true love.

Anonymous said...

Talk about dating like a dude...hey you are young, why not. Though as far as O is concerned...I'd put money on it that he has another chick!

The Activist said...

I want to wait till u choose since u aint pushing narin!!!

Aphrodite said...

@oluwadee, interesting,so you think i should date Bobo nice even when i dont feel anything for him?

@anonymous, am beginning to suspect same o

@standtall okay, i hope we wont have to wait too long.

bighead said...

As far as Bobo Nice is concerned, the men are O, X and himself. Did he tell yu who won according to the dream???

Aphrodite said...

@bighead,lol..he didnt say anybody won yet.

Smaragd said...

Charibobo u are not serious o, lmao @ One girl carry water she no know...

if u arent sexually/physically attracted to a guy, there's no point dating him in my own opinion sha.

i like the relaxed attitude u have now BUT scratch out the guys u dont see urself dating, cuz hanging out with them gives them greenlights which is not fair on both parties.

not fair on them cuz u are getting their hopes up

not fair on U, cuz u'll only get more confused.

and pls be prayerful, i hate regrets!

The Activist said...

Dont let us wait for too long oooooooooo