CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

SILENT TREATMENT

I’m truly sorry for leaving y’all hanging like hangers(lol) since the last time I posted. You know how it is with work and other stuff that take one’s time now ;). So am responsible for making you guys drink countless bottles of soda and lots of popcorn too?lol… Eh ya…and the ladies were supposed to be on a diet too…chineke! Aphro see what you’ve caused now,lol…they’ve all gone and added more pounds…oya I declare seven days fasting for all of you, that should take care of the excess weight,lol…

Okay on to serious matters now, am sorry to inform y’all that ur wait for the BIG DEED is over. No…I didn’t do it yet and may never will. In fact the truth is that we may never get to know how well small things can perform anymore:(
O and I may never work out!

By now am sure you are all wondering what am going on about.

Hold your breath. I’ll give you gist.

So last Wednesday-the last time I posted-when O came to pick me up for lunch from the office and I was so excited about it. Well, things didn’t work out as planned. Just as I was about rounding up the work I had at hand and gearing up to go ask for permission from my boss to take the rest of the day off. I got a call from one of our clients to attend to some urgent brief. There and then I knew there was no way I was running away from the office especially as there was no one to delegate the job to.

So there I was attending to the client’s brief and O was sitting opposite my desk leafing through some newspapers. He had this bored look on his face so I wasn’t surprised when he asked to leave so he could attend to some other stuffs. He said I should call him as soon as I was through with work so he could come pick me up. I thought it wasn’t a bad idea at least he would be utilizing his time better than just sitting there doing nothing in my office.

My people na so I come dey office dey attend to work o…time come dey go! I kept glancing at my watch miserably but there was nothing i could do...i was stuck!

You won’t believe that I was only able to round up my work by few minutes to 7pm. It was crazy! I felt so bad then I remembered I hadn’t called O as I promised. He also hadn’t called since he left.

So I called. As soon as he picked up I started apologizing, saying how sorry I was that my work had to spoil our plans and all. Then I asked where he was and if he could still make it down to my office. I felt we could still do dinner since lunch had been impossible. He said he was very far from my office and couldn’t come down so I said, “cool…no stress…I’d just go home then”
But then things didn't end there. O went on to say that he had taken the two days off (that day was the second day. He had come the previous day to my office but didn’t spend much time cos he was just coming from the hospital and said he needed to rest. I had had no qualms about it and urged him to go home) just because of me…because he wanted to spend some time with me and I didn’t have his time at all.

I replied that it wasn’t true cos the reason he had taken time off work was cos he was ill and not just cos he wanted to spend time with me.
I didn’t bargain for his outburst. He was really angry that I said that. According to him, I didn’t appreciate what he did by leaving his office for two days because of me and there I was telling him it was because of his illness. He ranted on while I was just wondering what the rant was all about. I felt he was taking everything too far so I mumbled “Issues…drama”. He stopped talking for a minute and asked “What did you just say?” I replied “I said "Issues…drama”

Before I go on friends, I must explain what I meant by that “issues…drama” statement. The thing is that we are always fighting over minor issues and I keep telling him that we have too much issues and drama in our very young relationship. So that was why as he went on about how I wasn’t appreciative and all, I mumbled “Issues…drama”. Get it now?

Okay so back to my gist. When I said what I said. He now grew even more angry and upset and went on this time about how am trying to push him away and succeeding. Then he said the one that hurt me the most “Maybe it because of the fact that a lot of guys are after you that’s why you are acting this way”. I felt there was absolutely no need for that statement but as is usual with me, when am angry I try not to say a word cos I could say something I’d regret later on. So after talking he was like “let me leave you cos I have nothing else to say to you” And I was like “Okay bye”. Then he said “is that all you have to say” and am like “what else do you want me to say? I have nothing to say” then he cut the line.

All these happened on Wednesday evening o

So later that night during happy hour. I called him. I wanted us to talk about the argument we had earlier and I was in the mood to apologize for everything even though I didn’t see what I said/did to deserve all his rant. So I called and it rang severally but he didn’t pick up. I wasn’t perturbed cos I thought he was probably asleep and wasn’t expecting my call.

The next morning, Thursday morning, I sent him a text:
“Hello Baby. How are you doing this morning? Feeling better? Called you last nite but you were probably fast asleep. Just wanna wish you a great day. Take care.”

I was hoping he’d have gotten over our argument the previous day and would reply my text but he didn’t. All day, my hands itched to dial his number but I suppressed the urge. I wanted to see if he would call. He didn't.

By Friday evening. I hadn’t received a call or text from him but I couldn’t suppress the urge to call him any longer so I dialed his number. It rang repeatedly and he didn’t pick up. I waited a while and dialed again. Same thing happened. He didn’t pick up. Now I was sure he was deliberately refusing to take my calls.

I was hurt. Why does he always act this way. We have a problem and instead of sorting it out, he decides to cut me off. This wasn’t the first time he’d be doing this and I was getting fed up!

Saturday morning. I woke up depressed and wanting to talk to him and get things sorted out once and for all but after unsuccessfully dialing his number and getting ‘number not available’, I decided to send another text:
“ Hmmm…u get mind o. I don’t know how u do it…carrying grudges for days. Anyway just wanted to talk but obviously u don’t want to. Take care”

It wasn’t until later in the day-towards evening that I got a reply from him:
“I’m not carrying any grudge. It’s just that I feel that no matter what I do, u don’t believe that I truly care for you. Your comment about drama and issues wasn’t nice too”

Shio! What is this guy talking about? Caring truly for me? Is not calling or taking my calls for three whole days, his own way of showing how much he truly cares for me? If that was what caring for someone meant then i don't want to be cared for o!

Anyway so I got his text but I didn’t reply it. It was obvious he was still angry about what transpired between us but then I wasn’t bothered anymore. He isn’t the only one who can do the silent treatment thing. I have decided am not going to call him and if this is the end of our relationship, so be it. I don’t even want a husband who I’ll be begging anytime we have a small argument.

I also want to be spoilt and pampered jare!

Just in case, you care to know. He hasn't called up till this moment.

37 comments:

NaijaBabe said...

To read!

Ms. emmotions said...

2nd

Ms. emmotions said...

hmmmmm, i pray all works in ur favor gal

NaijaBabe said...

Awww, you guys sound like Tom and jerry...fight and patch up!
Abeg call the man jare and hug and kiss...and tease him for being such a woman! You shouldnt quarrel over little things!
Have a fun week

O'Dee said...

Babe, if try sorting this issue out. U no all r'ships have ups n downs.
I so believe U & O can get thru this, so don't give up so soon.

Hv a lvli week.

Aphrodite said...

@naijababe,why do i have to always be the one who initiates a 'make-up'. Its not fair now and for how long do i have to keep doing it?

@ms. emmotions, thanks babe.

Aphrodite said...

oluwadee, u think so? i so feel O and I are past tense right now!

Flourishing Florida said...

hmmm, my dear. all this 'fight today, love 2moro' relationship dey tire person. i do am well well wen i was still n d market, & sweetie, it aint fun! i can imagine how u feel abt it now sha

& i understand ur apprehension dat d relationship may not b hold. there aren't many such relationship dat survive 4ever & ever. both partners sooner or later get fed up with all d 'issues ... drama'

it's not dat i wish dat 4 u. i wish u happiness. do u think u would get dat 4rm O?

Aphrodite said...

@florida,u just know how to hit the nail on the head girl and i love u for it.
Truth is am not sure O can make me happy forever anymore.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Just take it cool.

Tairebabs said...

na wa o, serious issues and drama truly! But I think its only natural in relationships to have them. Am sure you guys will make up. Although he is sulking and you feel he is taking the wrong action by avoiding your calls and acting unreasonably, try and put yourself in his shoes, if you had gone to his office like that and waited I bet if he had said issues drama...you would have cursed the hell outta him. lol. pet him small jare, all men love to be pampered.

Afrobabe said...

Can you imagine...what rubbish...him keeping us waiting for the gist of how it went down and instead acting like a soilt baby which they all do....

He better call now and apologise plnty oh...cos that deed must happen..mcheeeewww....

Afrobabe said...

But why do I get the feeling you aren't even trying anymore....small thing must have really really discouraged you oh...lmao...

D@AC said...

issues n drama. ah well i bet d small thing was d start of this yeah? ah well que sera sera girl. what ever will be will be and if it aint suppose to be, well...then leave it jo

bumight said...

Reading this, I get the feeling that u're not trying anymore. Inasmuch as I would hate to deal with a sulking man, I think you guys are making mountains out of molehills.

goodluck in whatever u decide sha.

PS: there really isnt anything wrong in initiating a make-up.

Chari said...

Ok that hanging like hangers yarns was jus too bleehh!! ahnahn where'd u learn to be soooo drrrryyyy!!!! Geezz

I'm so with you on the keeping silent when ur angry steeze....hmmn na wa o...

You sef...in fact both of you sef!!! Thank ur stars that we're not friends of blogville I for don beat your yansh...which kain pramri skuul betin be dis na?

Shio to both of you...*Hiss

belissima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
belissima said...

Umh...temper, temper...okay, I'm just kidding:-) You know what babe...let it go. Surely, there is a pattern here you definitely don't want to keep up if this turns into a serious relationship. You know it's hard to teach someone to become what they are not so, lay off him for a while and see if he'll figure out that it's important to converse about issues so that they can be resolved amicably. I hope it goes well for you both but remember you don't have to put up with it just because...you have to make yourself happy :-) Okay, enough said!

Aphrodite said...

@aloofar, thanks
@tairebabs, thanks for the comment dear but women also love being pampered too
@afro, yea i no go lie o. small thing discouraged me but still if he makes up for it in other areas, no wahala, i don't just know how long i can keep up with the drama and issues.
@xena, exactly how i feel!
@bumight, maybe am not trying too hard anymore. I just want things to flow the way he wants abeg, i don tire.
@chari, lol....that my funny joke na im u say dey blaah...stop am o
The whole thing dey vex me pass as e dey vex u sef...lol..
i thought we were friends o. So u don deny me, na wa o
@belissima, right on point babes! he called yesterday and came to visit this morning so i guess letting him be worked. thanks!

Thirty + said...

I don't know sha, I echo some of FF's sentiments.

How do you then handle bigger issues of life when small matters are causing tiffs like this.

Enigma said...

I swear, i feel you MIGHTYLY o the 'issues and drama' bit. You try sef but i commend u for keeping quiet. If you dont sort this issue, i must tell you now that it will gradually lead to the end of the relationship. Do something or let the relationship slide. (and give the *other guys* leeway to chase you even more)

WARNING! the issues and drama will never end o..so be prepared...all the best

Enigma said...

Oh by the way, has *it* been sampled yet? maybe that's why the guy dey vex o...(*in his mind* she no kuku give me chop, why i dey worry myself!)

If you want him back, you know what to do ;-)

ps: popcorn don finish o!!!!!!!!

princesa said...

I dont think i can cope with too much drama in a relationship o!
Anyway, if he is giving u too much stress, we get to review im case o,lol!
take care babes.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Hmmm it sounds like O us one of those tyoes that need extra attention! I second Oluwadee..you can work through this. On the other hand, FFF's point is also valid.Love today fight 2mrw fit tire person!
Chei, but O is just causing go-slow with jist now. What kind of nonsense and ingredients is this now?!

Unknown said...

glad 2 see u back

tobenna said...

Concur with Oluwadee...
Not that I'm in any place to advice but....
since this is the teething stage and you guys are just beginning to understand yourselves, work it out.
There is drama in every relationship. None is perfect.

Aijay said...

lol... That guy reminds me of my ex... sulks over little issues. Not fun at all! It used to get on my nerves...

Oh well, in ur case I guess its a bit early to pass judgement.
Every relationship has issues but having open and honest communication is the way to go. All that silent treatment thing is crap. If u've got a problem with ur partner, let it out and get it sorted.

Good luck babes. Hope all goes well for u.

Unknown said...

Hope it all goes well for you babes. A relationship is hard enough to keep going without fighting over the small things. I'm with FFF amd 30+ on this one.

Unknown said...

This is really getting serious!
As much it is really very hard to find a relationship without ups and downs, I think this is really getting too far.
Everyone has spoken well, but I need you to understand that no one understand O as much as you do and you are the one in this relationship. Ask yourself this, 'Can you live with this?'

ONE TRUTH: people don't change in the long run!

Maybe you can work things out! Just maybe...

How you dey?

rethots said...

Hmmmm......
...just a part of the story gives one not a full picture yet still i dare.

"Abeg call the man jare and hug and kiss...and tease him..."
"...can get thru this, so don't give up so soon."

Interesting comments (advices) but, i'll say for whatever we want we gotta work towards it, hence,

"...I just want things to flow the way he wants abeg, i don tire."

don't get tired oh. Working at it doesn't necessarily mean continual phone calls though......even in the silence, much is been done. Just don't give up like that.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Haven't been here in a while. Hope you guys work things out, assuming you want to. Take care.

Chari said...

oya i no deny you buht ahnahn now...you guys should sort thigns out abeg...

LG said...

babes, i ll ak u AGAIN ,
WAT DO U WANT?????? i stil tink , u shld stick wit O, n NO he nor dey bribe me, lolllll
goodluck.

BTW i ve updated, oya hurry up, i ve got a job 4 u!!

Buttercup said...

wow, this issues...drama ish must be really tirin..soweee babes..just do u n be happy!

princesa said...

UPDATE IS HIGHLY NEEDED!!!

NikkiSab said...

Aphro how r u doing? Hope u r doing ok. Now about u and O, I'm thinking u've walked out d door and still deciding if u shd close d door. No relationship has had smooth sailing in d early n sometimes middle of it. I tink u've been secretly signing him out of ur world and his drama isn't helping. Men can b big babies sometimes. Call him and sit down to talk - tell him why u said issue...drama n why u were silent. Goodluck on ur decision with O, by d way how is Mr X?

Aphrodite said...

@30+,thanks dearie. I also wonder…
@enigma, I totally agree with you. Can’t continue this way at all. BTW, I got him back and I didn’t have to sample nada,lol..
@princesa, his case is under review o,lol…
@NDQ, bad girl,lol…what go-slow is O causing?
@olamild, glad to see u here too
@tobenna, thanks bro, I agree there is drama everywhere but it’s the type of drama that irks me.
@aijay, thanks for the advise dear. Am totally with u. Silent treatment is crap!
@naijalines, thanks babes.
@dammy, I know it’s hard for people to change especially adults but am hoping we can walk through this sha.
@rethots, very incisive comment. Thanks.
@solomonsydelle, thanks for coming. I hope we will too.
@chari, okay okay we don sort things out. I go update now.
@lg, u sure say e no bribe u? U get job for me, I sincerely hope it’s not a tag o.
@buttercup, thanks babes.
@princesa, coming sooooooon
@nikki, am good dear. Hope u are too. Thanks for ur advice on O and X is doing fine. Read about him in my update soon.