CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

The talk with B.G

Okay so I said I was going to give you all the gist of how it went with B.G and me.
Here goes…

We went out on that Easter Monday. Had lunch at some nice place and talked a little over lunch about matters generally…nothing about us as in our relationship and all. It was as if we were both scared of bringing it up and one was waiting for the other to do so. I didn’t want to spoil the lunch so I didn’t broach the topic.

Later on, on our homeward drive. I thought it was time so I blurted:
“You know we have been drifting apart these past few weeks?”
It sounded more like a statement than a question.
He turned to look at me and nodded, “Yea…and I don’t like it”
He went on to tell me how he wanted things to get better with us and how he felt it was time to take our relationship to the next level-marriage.
Whoops! I felt really awful. Here I was preparing to break it off with him while he was making plans to propose…it just didn’t feel right!
I didn’t know what to say and after thinking about the situation for a while, I had to ask him this question:
“If you are in a relationship with one person and having deep feelings for another, do you really love the person you are dating?”
He didn’t need a soothsayer to spell out the direction I was headed. He had this very sad look in his eyes as he asked “So what you are saying is that you have deep feelings for some other guy?”
I didn’t answer but my silence confirmed the question.

Anyway, not to bore you with the details, I had to tell him about O and how I felt about him. He was broken. I couldn’t help but feel terrible and guilty. I never want to feel that way ever again. I think I learnt a lesson with B.G- never again will I start a relationship with a guy who am not sure of my feelings for.
I must give it to him though, he acted very gentlemanly about every thing even saying that since he claimed to love me, he should be more concerned about my happiness and if I found this with someone else, who was he to come between me and my happiness. I could tell he was trying terribly hard to sound casual about it but it was killing him inside and it didn’t help the way I felt.

I almost toldl him I was sorry about what I said earlier and didn’t mean any of it but I knew that would be like the biggest lie and I would just be saying it just to take back the pain I was causing him and would it really help matters at the long run? It wouldn’t...so I held back.

The truth is that even if O had not arrived on the scene. The breakup was something that was bound to happen. I had long realized that I wasn’t in love and was just hanging in the relationship because first I didn’t want to hurt B.G and secondly I thought maybe I wasn’t destined to feel that rush(you know the one you feel when you are really into someone) again and maybe i was just being childish thinking I had to feel it before I take the plunge into marriage. Well, all that doubts subsided when I met O. He made me realize (not intentionally) that I could marry B.G or K or any of the guys asking for my hand and later on in the marriage meet some guy that I feel something more for and then realize that I had made the biggest mistake of my life going into the marriage. or even worse, I may begin to resent the husband I married because I’ll feel trapped in the marriage or something. Understand me guys?

So that was how our date ended. He feeling disappointed and hurt and me feeling horrible and guilty.

It’s been a week now since then and I have called him a couple of times just to see how he is doing. He is taking it really badly…he feels I betrayed him. I also feel horrible and I wonder if this thing with O is really worth all the heart ache and stress I’m causing B.G.

What do you think peeps?

17 comments:

Hephzibah said...

Waoh, dis is deep, but 1st things first, first tiem here and am 1st, isw this coincidence or the gods saying sumthing? wareva, lemme claim position sharpish!

Hephzibah said...

now back to teh koko...hmmm. my dear u av done exactly what i did sum few mnths back but sha mine wasn't that bad- teh break up i mean, we boith saw it coming...but I felt all the thots you had, asked myself d same questions...here am I still single but av met diff guys ever since however, am still single and sumtimes question if i av made teh rite decision on these days but on most days I am gud and feel free!!!

so darling, u av done what is rite, pity, we've got to do sum nasty bits but tehy've got to eb done, gud lesson u learnt though, to not enter a rel. unless u feel sure about it....anyway, may God guide and help us all.

Flourishing Florida said...

my dear o

i've always wanted 2 b in love with d man i marry

most 'wise' pple told me i'd watched too much oyibo movies, & dat my eye dey too high

@ a point i always believed dem. but something in me always made me not accept all those proposals dat kept coming my way

den i make my man, & i felt dat rush

like i've always wanted 2 feel 4 my husband

dat i'd always tot i'd only feel 4 someone who ddnt love me back, cos i supposedly have 'committment phobia'

but they were all wrong!

& am so glad, they were wrong & i stood my ground

darling, u r 2 chart d course of ur future. u know best where it clicks

don't like d 'wisdom' of those lot who had given up on their dream deter u

best of luck

Flourishing Florida said...

come o, did i mention dat i so want 2 see dat lady behind ur posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i have dis thing abt scantily clad ladies. & 4 d record, am not lele

Sasuke said...

hey sweetie, yeah i understand what you are going through and it is ok to feel bad cos you did hurt someones feelings.

i commend your courage though, cos you are doing whats best for you. it would suck for you to date or marry someone out of self pity. trust me i have been there and that is not where you want to be.

you would be fine

princesa said...

Hey girl!
Sometimes we hurt other people not because its deliberate but its just necessary.
You know the right thing babes, just do it!

NikkiSab said...

Sometimes dese tins happen. But d most important tin and d good tin u did was to tell him d truth and not string him in a rlship dat would not go well. My policy was to tell d truth no mata d pain cos den d pain is short time compared to wasting both ur times for a fruitless journey.
U'll feel beta soon dear. And give him some space to heal n den 1ce in a while pop a "hiya" call. Now focus on d guy dat u can term "D adrenalin rush guy" a k a DARG!!! LOL!! takia luv.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aphrodite said...

@naijachic, i think its better to be free, single and ready to mingle than being in a relationship that is not 'it' for you.
Brave decision you made babes.

@Florida, thanks so much dear. your comment has just given me hope,lol! So who do you want to meet, me or the girl in the template?

@sasuke, thanks bro. being with some one out of self pity really sucks and later you begin to resent them too. I dont want that.

@princesa, thanks babes. But what do we now do when those who are hurt feel that you are worse that the devil?

@nikkisab, your policy is the best babes. I think i messed up already...i called just to say hi and BG is now getting hope that we can work things out.

Jayn Sean said...

I think you still love him. I mean B.G.

Thats what i think.

Thanx for stopping by...

Zayzee said...

better to get it done and over with. so you both can move on with ur lives

Thirty + said...

Right so it's down to One, phew! You must feel lighter now

princesa said...

Update o abi B.G don kidnap u,lol!

Unknown said...

Wow, i truly understand the situation... i think sometimes i feel as if i'm in a bind like that... but we can't help our feelings. I say you give B.G. some space though...you calling him is not helping the situation...

Aphrodite said...

@jaybabe, hmmm...what gives you that impression? Am very sure i dont love B.G. Thnx too for dropping by.

@honeywell, thanks dear. In this type of situation someone has to get hurt.

@uzezi, yea.

@30+,lol! Lighter...do i??

@princesa, my dear i go update soon, no vex na sickness dey do ur sister.

@s.chic,maybe you are right babes.

Chari said...

Truthfully I can't help but silently hope that this O dude is worht all teh stress n stuff...I wish you all the best dearie *crosses fingers*

Lady said...

AT THE END OF THE DAY..IT HURTS TO HURT SUMONE...IT HURTS MORE THO...to hurt urself....to ensure anothers hapiness...u need to thnk about YOURSELF...WHEN IT COMES TO RELATIONSHIPS AND SITUATIONS LIKE THIS U NEED TO BE SELFISH.. LETTING HIM GO..MEANS HE TOO IS FREE TO FIND A WOMAN WHO WILL LOVE HIM THE WAY HE DESERVES TO BE LOVED..
he is a good man..he deserves that much...and even tho he cant see that now..HE WILL BE GRATEFUL LATER
P.S:XOXO