CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cheapskate or not??

It’s been 2 days now since I last spoke to O and two really hard days they have been for me. I miss the way he makes me laugh with all his clowning.

Yesterday night I deleted his number and text messages from my phone because the temptation to call him was beginning to overwhelm me. It was like a drug I desperately needed a fix of. I tried to sleep but couldn’t. My mind kept going back to him even when I tried to dwell on other stuffs.

Finally, I decided to call Efe. Efe is another guy who has been on my case for a while now. Always going on about how in love he was with me and why I should give him a chance. I had told him that he was Urhobo and my parents would never allow me marry an Urhobo man which is actually just a lame excuse. The truth is that I don’t love him afterall O is from Edo state yet here I am tripping for the guy.

So back to yester night, I called Efe and he was ecstatic to put it mildly. Dude was surprised I called him. He had been calling me repeatedly these past few days and I hadn’t been picking his calls and he wondered what could have made me call him at so late an hour. I felt bad cos I knew in my heart that I was just using him to escape the loneliness I was feeling because of O but the fact that I had also made him(Efe) happy made it seem a bit fair to both of us.

So we chatted. I wasn’t really feeling the chat cos really the voice I wanted to hear then was O’s and not Efe’s. I spent some time with Efe on the phone, he also sang one of his songs for me(he is a budding musician). At a point I grew bored and wanted to end the call but I didn’t know how to without hurting him so I stylishly ended the call and quickly diverted all calls on my phone to voice mail. He had served his purpose and I needed to sleep. I later cancelled the call divert before I drifted off to sleep when I remembered that O may still try to reach me during the night.

The first thing I did when I awoke this morning was to check my phone but there was no messages/missed calls from O. Miserably I dragged myself from the bed to get ready for work.

All through the day, I kept hoping he would call or text me but he didn’t. Scrolling through my phone I saw some messages I had sent to him a while back. I had forgotten to delete them yesterday. I quickly retrieved his number and started dialing. Fortunately for me, I stopped myself just in time. “Aphrodite, you need to take it easy” I said to myself.

Finally I gave in when I got back from work in the evening and still he hadn’t called. I sent him a text message. It was a forwarded message I got from a friend. Nice and funny and no mention of how I was feeling bad cos I hadn’t heard from him.
He replied with a text asking how I was and telling me how he tried my number the previous night and it didn’t go through.

I didn’t know what to feel. Anger or sadness?? Like so he couldn’t call me during the day or something? Why does it have to be during free calls period that we can only talk?? If he couldn’t spend his credit on calling me during the day, wasn’t he a cheapskate afterall?? These were the thoughts that went through my head. Don’t misunderstand me guys, he has called me during the day in the past but I think we speak more during the happy hours(free call period). Does that say something?

Anyway, I think I’ll call him tonight and see what he has to say for himself. But now, when I think of it again, I really do not have any right over him after all he hasn’t even asked me formally to be his girlfriend. Hell…I don’t even know what it is we are right now and I am not going to ask before he begins to feel I am too forward.

Peeps what’s ur take?

12 comments:

princesa said...

Awwwh…poor dear.
Take it easy and don’t force urself on the guy.
If he truly cares about you, he should be able to call you during the day and not wait for only when the calls are cheap to do so.
However its possible that he is very busy during the day too.
Anyhow, just tread carefully, you don’t want ur heart broken…do u?

Thnx for dropping by my blog. Will be back here.

Thirty + said...

Listen gurl you are just tripping yourself silly for nothing. If you feel like talking to him call him it does not make you cheap.

Don't go searching for love it is not hidden just enjoy yourself chill out and things will fall into place. Ask people who have peaceful and happy home they did not work themselves to frenzy searching for love.

If you like O by all means call him if he however shuns you or disrespect you give then give him space.

A cheap girl is someone who persistently tries to be with someone who does not want to be with them and will do anything to make it happen

O'Dee said...

If u feel lik tukn to him, call him amd dont kill your self o. If he loves you, he won't think you are cheap n all.

I dont think he is a cheapskate, its just more econimicall 2 call during happy hours.

Aphrodite said...

@princesa, thnx for the advice dear. You were absolutely right. He has been very busy these past days. I ope to see more of u here.

@30+, thanks so much for that candid advice. I realised i was just tripping for nothin like u said. Will post an update soon.

@oluwadee, you are right too babe. he has been calling me during the day since yesterday so he is not a cheapskate,lol!

Zayzee said...

you remind me of me. In the past, i have deleted his numbers and messages. and just when i am desperate to make up, I search my phone and discover a number either in my missed calls, or somewhere, but really darling, it's too much punishment on myself.
Deep down u know what will work and what wouldn't. There r certain things that just seem so right for us, but take the time to scrutinize carefully, ask urself if u r being treated the way u want, and when u get the answers, u will know if O is really worth the trouble.

besides, u might be focusing so much on him that it hinders u from seeing what good Efe can be 4 u.

Im just suporting my delta brother.

thanks 4 stopping by.

Aijay said...

Take ur time my dear, follow ur heart. I'm sure u can tell if he truly cares about u.
If u wanna call him, do so. Do what works for u but don't go overboard sha. lol. I hope I make sense.

Off to read ur previous posts...

Afrobabe said...

hmmm...wish I could give any sensible advice but.......we all know u will only follow ur heart

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

um, I will defer to all previous commenters.


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

La Reine said...

Yeah, all that has been said before kinda steals words from my lips.
..yes, you remind me of me...
...yes, girl, u were tripping 4 nothing...
..yes, if he disrespect you, give him space

-Welcome to Blog-er-ville

Aphrodite said...

@everyone, thanks for ur two cents. Things are a lot clearer to me now. Will post an update on this.

Chari said...

ehyah...addicted...hmmn why do I feel like I know that feelin...I think its too early to start labellin him a cheapstake but still keep your eyes peeled though....

Miss Diva ! said...

I just started reading your blog all the way from the bottom ! and I LOVE IT! Mine is kinda like yours.. only i'm not 'looking' for love :) looking forward to the rest of the posts ! I'm so not sleeping tonight !