CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Runs

Hello peeps!
Hope you had a fabulous Easter celebration?
For me it was a great one well not counting the fact that I actually hurt two people this period. It wasn’t deliberate though just stuff that had to happen with the way things have been going in my love life lately.


Okay am going to start with K first.
K’s mum returned to Nigeria last Friday (Good Friday). She had been in the U.S these past few years. K had informed me like weeks back that his mum was coming back to the country and asked that I accompany him to the airport to receive her when she arrived. Knowing K as well as I do and the fact that he tells everyone he knows about me and how he wants to marry me and all that , I knew he probably had said as much or even more to his mum. I didn’t want to go with him to the airport to receive his mum cos that would be like affirming or giving the poor woman the impression that I was indeed her daughter-in-law to be so I declined going with him. He felt very bad and sad that I refused but there was nothing he could do about it, no amount of cajoling was going to make me change my mind.

Later on in the day, after Good Friday mass(we attend the same church), we went to have dinner someplace and he was almost crying as he told me how he just realized how much I hated him and all. He said the fact that refused to accompany him to the airport earlier in the day to receive his mum was indication that I didn’t have serious plans(as in marriage plans) for him which is true by the way. He practically begged me to give him a chance to love me seeing as he has been patient for more than 2 years now waiting for the day I’d agree to an intimate relationship with him. I must confess I felt really bad seeing a grown ass man like K almost groveling at my feet just for a chance to expend the contents of his heart and pocket(lol) on me. Anyway I still maintain my stand that PITY can never be the same as LOVE, right?

Really I must give it to K though. The guy has shown his love in many ways than one. I mean, there is no doubt that dude is madly in love with me but it’s so sad that its not a mutual feeling. I remember when I first met him. I was always very sick then. It was either malaria and/or typhoid fever(at least that’s what the doctors said). It got so bad that even close friends of mine were even scared I had something, probably AIDS,lol! Anyway the point is that K was with me through that period, taking me to the hospital, buying drugs and sometimes even offering to help offset my bills. I really appreciate all that he has done for me and I told him so but do I now have to marry him cos of all these?

Come Saturday, K came over to my house in the morning. He wanted us to spend the day together. He asked me to just mention anywhere I wanted and he would take me there but I wasn’t interested, I had a date with O and nothing was going to come between me and that date so I politely told him I was going to the market to do some shopping. I couldn’t tell him I had another date with someone else…that would just kill him! He then asked that I returned early form the market so we could at least spend the rest of the day together and I accepted. I just didn’t want to prolong issues, I knew there was no way I was getting home earlier than 8pm that day. O and I had made a lot of plans for the day already.

So I hung out with O. We first went to one of the private beaches. We didn’t want to do the Lekki/Alpha?Kuramo beaches. Those were always very crowded and we wanted a quiet and relaxing environment so we settled for the private beach plan. It was really fun sitting there on the beach with the cool sea breeze fanning our faces. It felt so good, I almost didn’t want it to end. We talked, played, cuddled, kissed, lol! (I’ll spare u guys the details,lol!)

Anyway, after some hours on the beach we decided to catch an evening movie on the island. It was another lovely experience. The movie was really nice but that wasn’t the high point of the experience for me. Just being there in his arms, sneaking kisses every now and then during the movie was wonderful. I ‘m sure the guys seated behind us at the cinema must have been irritated by us. It was just too obvious that we were so much into ourselves

Then there was Sunday. I had to attend a friend’s birthday party and I wanted O to come with me but K wasn’t giving me breathing space. He pleaded that he wanted to spend the day with me since he didn’t get to do so the previous day.
I finally agreed to let him take me to the party also seeing as the celebrant was also a mutual friend. The party was nice, lots to eat and drink and I had fun that is if you don’t include the part where K would tell anyone(as soon as he found they were my friend) how much in love he was with me and how I didn’t want to reciprocate his love. The guy almost began to annoy me; I couldn’t understand why he found joy in broadcasting his feelings to anyone who cared to listen at the party.

Monday I had a date with Big Guy.
I haven’t mentioned Big Guy before now.
You see, Big Guy or B.G for short is kinda like my boyfriend that is until I met O.
Now don’t get all confused. Let me explain.
I am not dating K, he is more like a family friend.
I had a boyfriend but we broke up last year due to irreconcilable differences.
B.G was my friend but he had never hidden his interest to take our friendship further so when I broke up with Ex, we decided to try a shot at something more intimate but I realized soon after we started dating that I wasn’t ‘in love’ with him and most likely will never be. I think he knew how I felt. I never hid the fact that I wasn’t feeling that excitement with him but he felt that it would grow with time. However, I realized that one day I may discover I had stronger feelings for someone else(like I do with O now) and the relationship with B.G would have to end but i prayed that my feelings for B.G would grow deeper and I wouldn’t have to break his heart. He is a good guy and really cared about me and I would hate to hurt him.

Now with O on the scene, my fears are coming to pass. I haven’t been calling B.G as I used to(I used to call him during happy hours before), For the past one month we hadn’t seen each other and I haven’t even being bothered about it. He had noticed that my interest in the relationship was on the decline and was really worried about it.

I think I had been avoiding him cos I felt guilty for feeling the way I do about O.

Anyway, I agreed to the Easter Monday date, I was tired of running and I felt it was high time we talked and put our feelings in perspective,

Need I tell you how it went?
Not too good at all.
Will hit you up with the gist later. For now, I have to attend to some more pressing issues.
Take care peeps.



16 comments:

guerreiranigeriana said...

chai....naija boys are persistent!!!!...maybe it is all african men, when i think about it...looking forward to the gist between you and b.g...

Zayzee said...

thank God they are much and u can have ur pick. one advice though, we are always told to make sure we end up wt a guy who loves us more, that way, we have peace and a good relationship.

princesa said...

Aphrodite!
Girl you must be hawt!!

That said, i dont believe one should get married to someone cos of sentiments or pity.

let us hear how it went with BD.

wellsbaba said...

lol....easter runs....well i think u should have what you want in a guy mapped out(infact in black and white) then the guy that has most of it should b ur pick!(hey...just saying) anywais,waitin4d remainder of d gist

Kafo said...

wow

okay...
i think i have to read it all again to comprehend which guy we are routing for.

are we rooting for any of them????

lol

O'Dee said...

Babe, I hp u wnt get ur emotions all confused with all these guys. lol.

I agree with uzezi, at d end its btr 2 pick d guy who loves u more bt d odr way round. Been there, n 4rm my experience its d bst choice.

B gd girl!

Aphrodite said...

@gnigeriana,naija men are really persistent o...especially when they want something badly.

@uzezi, i have seen couples where the guy is more in love and the babe disrespects him because of that. I need a man i can love and respect not a door mat.
Anyway,even if the guy loves me more, i should love him too abi?

@princesa, u feel me jare.BD gist coming as soon as i find time.

@wellsbaba, thanks for tha advice. I already tried writing it down but found that most times those lists are not realistic. Love is more about compromises. I like O very well but he doesnt check all the points on my list.

@kafo, lol! So who are u rooting for dear?

@oluwadee, I hope so too.So u agree with uzezi...maybe u guys are right.

Ms. emmotions said...

u go gal
u so in loveeeeeee
please 'release' k so he can find some one too,
be happy dear,

cheers

Unknown said...

It's sad when we can't really return the feelings of some people. I bet K is also a really nice person... i feel for him sha..

NikkiSab said...

D babe is just on fire. See magnet, lol!!!!! try to choose d correct psn o, its not about pity. Marriage is a life time contract and should be done with a lovin n honest heart. I am back o, thanks for ur well wishes. me 1st time but will definately b back.

Joy Akut said...

wow...the only beautiful thing from this circle is the attention.

i love what you said 'PITY can never be the same as LOVE'..i keep reinding myself that time and time again when i'm around guys like k.

soupasexy said...

y na! dont want any sparing details

going back to complete reading..lol

soupasexy said...

heart breaker! we will sing a song for u. but thats the right thing dear, just follow ur heart.

Aphrodite said...

@ms. emmotions, lol!I have set him free o but the bobo doesn't just want to go.

@s.chic, yea he really is...very nice.

@nikkisab, thanks for dat dear. Hmmm...a honest and loving heart...point noted.

@fantasy queen, trust me babes, the attention can get not so beautiful at times too.

@soupa, lol! heartbreaker?! I really dont want to break any heart but unfortunately...*sighs*

@honeywell, it did o! Really bad.

Flourishing Florida said...

dis chic, u r hot o

all these bobos 4 only u!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some pple no get even one o. abeg release some of dem dudes now, so dat it can go round

Chari said...

ehyah na wa o...U jus had to be caught in the middle...If only 9ja guys werent so prone to 'you must marry by 4s'