CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Talking about K

Like I said in my first post, I intend this blog to be like a chronicle of my experiences with men in my search for love.
Okay today, I am going to talk about K.
K is one of the guys currently begging me to accept his marriage proposal.
K is a young man in his early 30s. He is financially comfortable. He is not bad looking physically. Very generous, like seriously he could sell his pant to give me anything I desire. He is also very caring, practically fusses over me so much it gets irritating at times.

Unfortunately despite his good credentials, I do not love K. My Mum likes him and so do my siblings cos he is very giving... always buying them gifts and all that. Me thinks he is trying to buy my love or influence them to convince me he is the best man for me and that kinda puts me off am really he is wasting his time cos no man can buy my love. It is going to be given freely to that person when I find him so K is obviously wasting his time of he thinks he’ll be able to buy me over. I think he is beginning to realize this cos lately he hasn’t been flaunting the gifts and money like before. I think he has wisened up.

K is a business man who hasn’t done badly for himself at all. With the houses and flashy cars he owns, he would be any girl’s dream catch right? For me, he isn’t. He didn’t get a university education and is not very fluent with spoken English and this scores him low points in my rate card.

I have told K that I do not love him but he insists that the love will grow with time after I am married to him. I do not agree with him, for me it should be Love first before marriage not the other way round.

What is your opinion peeps?

7 comments:

Thirty + said...

So if he goes and gets a university education and brushes up on his English would you 'fall for him'

Thirty + said...

Sorry I should first say officially I welcome you to blogville.

O'Dee said...

Lol! its definitely love b4 marriage. But love doesn't come magically oh, u kinda choose 2 love sm1.

10ks 4 stopping by.

Aphrodite said...

@30+, thanx for dropping by.
I have asked myself that a couple of times. If he has a uni degree and brushes up, maybe...just maybe i'll see him in a new light. As things stand now, we can hardly communicate at the same level.

Aphrodite said...

@oluwadee,so u too think that love is a choice? I have been told that several times but still i dont believe it. I have tried to love in the past consciously but it just didnt work. Its like faking something that doesnt exist.

Thnx too for visiting.

tobenna said...

Ach.
Thats a though one.
My first thoughts would be 'Screw him' Not literally of course. But forget him.
However, knowing girls, like the guy says, it's a bit easier to fall in love as you go on. Hope I don't get any flak for this.

Semirah said...

tru say babe