CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Suspension for O & X

Hello everyone.
Am back and better! Thanks for all the beautiful, insightful comments you left on my previous post. You can’t possibly know how much I appreciate all of them. May God continue to bless every one of you and grant your heart’s desires, AMEN!!!

The latest gist now is this- X and O are on suspension,lol…

Okay more like, X put me on suspension and I put O on suspension.

Let me add more flesh to the gist…before I start, I must warn you all that this is going to be one of my usual long assed post so get urself some salt&sugar popcorn, than sit back and read,lol...

Starting with X…

The Friday(before my last post). I was back at home from work and just lying in bed when X’s call came in. He was like “Babes, are you home? I want to see you”. I said okay fine. Then he asked if I wanted him to get me Suya (he knows I have a soft spot for suya,lol…), I said it was okay.

I was still waiting for X to come when O called me. While on the phone with O. X’s call came in but I didn’t answer it since I was still talking with O. Just as I ended the conversation with O, X call came in again. This time I answered and he said he was outside my house so I went out to meet him.

When I got outside, he handed over the Suya and drink to me. I took it and thanked him. Then he said “I called you before, didn’t you see my call?” . I was like yeah, I did…I was on the phone then”. “So why didn’t you call me back when you were through with your call” he continued. I said “Cos you called almost immediately”. Then he went on about how long he had been waiting outside my gate and all. I was getting pissed and asking myself if the Suya and Coke was worth listening to his lamentations,lol… Anyway sha, after a while he now chilled and we talked about some other stuffs. He didn’t seem like he was in a hurry to leave and I wanted him to cos O had said he may come see me that evening if he was able to round up his work on time. So I told him I was busy with some stuffs inside the house and I had to get back inside. He said okay and moved closer to give me a kiss but I turned my head away. He was like “What is it? Cant I give you a kiss?” I retorted “Must you give me a kiss every time we see?" Then he said “We need to have a serious talk, You know what i want(marriage) but I don’t understand your attitude to me at times. Can we see tomorrow?” I wasn’t sure what O’s plans were for the weekend and I didn’t want to couldn’t commit myself to seeing X the next day so I said, “Maybe, if am around, we will see” He didn’t like my answer and kept pressuring me to be more definite but I kept saying maybe, maybe as I headed back inside my compound. He drove off resignedly.

That weekend, O had to go to work but he came around in the evenings for an hour or so. I didn’t pick X’ calls all through that weekend. I knew he wanted an answer to his marriage proposal and I didn’t have an answer for him yet. I know it’s not fair to keep a man hanging like that and it was quite selfish of me but I avoided him all weekend.

I must say it here that since that weekend. X hasn’t called me or dropped by even though his office is just opposite mine and I know he’s been coming to work cos I see his car outside everyday. Once, I called him at night but he didn’t answer his call. He may have been asleep but then he must have seen my missed call when he woke up but he never called back so I have decided to let him be. Maybe that is the way God wants to resolve the matter.

Now to O and his own suspension…

After reading some of your comments on my last post especially doll who said, it was obvious that I am into O more than he is into me. I had to ask myself certain pertinent questions and then decided to lay low for a while and not call him or contact him and see how it all plays out.
I did that post last Tuesday right?

So Tuesday, I didn’t call. He didn’t call.
Wednesday, I didn’t call, he didn’t call as well.
By this time, I was like so I have been the one keeping this relationship alive all this while? So if I don’t call, he won’t call enh? Okay oo…

Thursday morning, he called.
“Baby I havn't heard from you for a while. What’s happening now? Anyway I got you ur gizzard”(There is this woman that brings smoked gizzard to their office and he had bought some for me once which I liked)
I said “Oh how sweet of you dear. Will pass by your office and pick it on my way home” His office is on my way home.

As promised, on my way home, I stopped by his office. I deliberately put up a cold attitude when he came out and didn't give him a hug or kiss like I used to. I was all formalish, asked him about work and other stuff. He noticed and was like he didn’t like my attitude after all he left his work and came down to see me and all am giving him is this cold attitude. In my head, I was like see this guy o, Me that came all the way to see you nko? Is that not a bigger deal than you that just came out of ur office? Anyway I didn’t say anything. I just said I was not feeling too well. We didn’t spend much time together cos he had to go back to his work and I had to go home.

Friday, I didn’t call. He didn’t call too. Friday night, I called him cos I needed to know if we would be hooking up during the weekend as planned. He had promised me when I complained about his having to work every weekend that we would hang out together this weekend.
So I called, but he didn’t answer. He was probably sleeping cos it was quite late at night then.

Saturday morning he called me. He explained that he was fast asleep and didn’t hear his phone ring. Then he asked me what the plan was? I was like how do you mean? He said “Do you want to see me today”. I don’t know why I felt pissed at that moment. Maybe it was all the long days of silence or maybe I felt like he took it for granted that I didn’t have any other thing to do except wait for him to decide to see me.
So I told him , I had other plans and it wouldn’t be possible to see him. It felt good to burst his bubble. He was like okay, I guess I have to find something else to do. That was not quite the reaction I wanted. I wanted him to feel sad and even try to talk me out of my supposed plans but no, the bobo didn’t even raise issues. So I said “Why are you calling me on Saturday morning to ask what the plans are? I could have other plans too…” He cut in “But I told you last week that we would spend this weekend together, anyway it’s okay, go ahead with ur plans”

I was at the market later that evening when he called and he was like he had been expecting my call. I said I had been busy and planned to call him later. I asked what he was up to and he said he was at his brother’s place cos he couldn’t go have fun by himself without me. I was touched small sha,lol…

I didn’t call him later that night. He didn’t call either.

Sunday was pretty boring but I resisted the urge to call him. I thought he would call but he didn’t. At the last minute, I packed my stuff and headed over to the salon to do my nails. At least the day wouldn't be wasted.

At night, when I hadn’t still heard from him, I sent a text:
“Hey, how are you babes, How did your day go?”
He didnt reply immediately and i fell asleep.
This morning i saw his reply “My day was okay. How was urs?”

So I have deleted his number from my phone(Okay I admit I left it on my second phone,lol…). It has become very obvious that we are not operating on the same frequency so until he gives me reason to believe otherwise. He is on suspension starting today.

Catch you all larer…

PS: Am still doing the thinking and praying o...

UPDATE
O just sent me a text now.
"How are you pooky?(whatever does pooky mean?) I asked how your day was yesterday but you didn't reply. Been a busy bee lately, havn't you? It's okay, I understand. I'm often guilty of that . Miss you lots. O"

He has obviously noticed there is some changes but wants to put it down to me being busy. Okay ooo, he is still on suspension so i won't reply or do I?

29 comments:

bumight said...

i dont even know what to say anymore, its almost like a scene out of a movie.

Anyways, the whol enot calling thing might "backfire" in the sense that he might be thinking something else, like "she wants me to give her some space, so let me not call" and you are thinking "he's not that into me".

I must confess I'm enjoying this, cos I'm living vicariously through you!

O'Dee said...

Its good u r still praying.

Sometimes its nice just 2 say, i dint call cos i wanted u 2 call.

I pray u make d right decision.

bumight said...

its slash-del.

LG said...

@all formalish;
ie afta eating suya/coke/gizzard ehn?
lolllllll
ahh !! DOLL so na u dey spoil runs for O, its not good o.
as 4 u Nwanne, i m yet to see a 50-50 love it doesnt wrk dat way,one person has to play the ****
neways i hope God reveals the 'one' to u soonest, cos dis ur kurukere moves don dey tire me sef.



*remember me in ur prayers o.
cheers!!

Mz. Dee said...

Bumight's comment makez loadza sense o!
this O soundz more lyk my boyfie everytym i read a new post..

Seemz X is in a desperate hurry 4 marriage. Itz beta to marry sum1 u know u can live with 4eva at an old age dan marry sum1 wen ure young and then divorce after 10 yearz or sumn.

Be careful that O dsnt think otherwise..

Afrobabe said...

Lmao…he doesn’t know the difference between being busy and being ignored abi..

Infact the 2 of them deserve the suspencion…

Aphrodite said...

@bumight, so u think it might backfire? let's see sha...

@oluwadee, i don't know but "I didnt call cos i wanted you to call" just sounds a bit childish.

@bumight, okay dear. Thanks.

@LG, i wasnt all formalish after eating suay or gizzard o,lol...
So you think one person must play the fool? It definitely won't be me tho...

@mz.dee, hmmm...food for thought...

Aphrodite said...

@afro, i think he chooses not to believe am ignoring him,lol...

Anonymous said...

this is like dejavu. I dont even know what to say anymore

Aphrodite said...

@iwalewa, dejavu how? please come and explain o...

Flourishing Florida said...

am staying tuned 4 d next episode. lol. d drama in aphro's blog pass movie oh, bumight. real entertainment!

doll (retired blogger) said...

Hey babes...i dont know what to say. i sha cant stand a guy that doesnt know the difference btw ignoring and being busy (like afro said)

anyways enjoy.

and if i were u i wont worry, as per the whole suspension thing backfiring . If it does then IMAO its not meant to be.

Parakeet said...

You this woman, you have time to waste o. What is it you want exactly? I suggest you sit down and write it down. If you are not all that into x jabo him for real, if you're into O and he's misbehaving jabo him completely. Unless of cos you;re enjoying the games you both are playing cos me no see any seriousness for you both. Na dating of convenience una dey do.

Buttercup said...

i got cornflakes instead of popcorn..lol..

hmmmmmm..i think i agree wit oluwadee, u shud tell it like it is, let him know that u feel u r makin the most effort..he just might see reason n change..cos if u do this suspension thing, u might drive him away inadvertently..

as for X...he DOES know u actually have a boyfriend, right? i know he loves u but he shud consider the fact that u love someone else..

tobenna said...

No comments.
With Parakeet, I concur.

Aphrodite said...

@flo, so am not nu metro cinema enh? lol... Stay tuned dear...

@doll, am with u jare. If it backfires, all well and good,lol...

@parakeet, hmmm, sounds easy but it's not so easy o...and really i dont have time to waste but i still want things to be right.

@buttercup, yea X knows there is someone else but he doesnt know my stand for now and he is still fighting on...

Aphrodite said...

@tobenna, okay o

princesa said...

Am all for giving the guys a tough time once in a while but dont cut them off totally babes.

For instance you should reply his texts and pick his calls otherwise you would just be guilty of what you are accusing him of.

Good luck!

Zayzee said...

this line- “Must you give me a kiss every time we see?- got me laughing.

maybe u should be thanking Doll, seriously. O character fits a guy i once thought was it.

u should make a list like paraket said. and weigh both guys.

personaly i think there is something that O has which has palced him higher than X.

One advice my female friends who are older than me and married always give me, marry a man who loves u more than u love him.

keep praying, but i am rooting for X sha. dont forget the saying u never know what u have till its gone. keep him closer, his actions hardly hurts you the way O's actions hurts u.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

when is this story ending? U must be a very patient person.

Unknown said...

If I'm to be frank...the way i'm reading you, you're not interested in X any more and haven't been for a while. But it seems you're keeping him as insurance in case things don't work out with O. Correct me if I'm wrong oh, sista.

I'd say quit the game playing b4 it backfires on you. When guys know they're not the only one in the fray, they would be lacking in committment too. Maybe that's what's happening with O.

I can't give advice oh but if I were you, I'd cut X loose and take my chances with O. It's so obvious your heart is with O. And if O ain't coming up cherries as in 'on your knees' serious committment in three months from now, it's bye bye to him too. Then wait for the real Mr Right.

Well...that's me sha but of course you're not me.

badderchic said...

ol boy, this one na looooong tin o! prayer is the key.

isha said...

it really is like something from a movie.
Sometimes, it's really the best thing to just sit and have a talk with them. let them know what's going on in ur head, and what you want from them.
cos if you're jonesing for a relationship or something serious with this guy, it would suck if he comes one day and introduces you to his fiancee - someone he met while he was receiving mixed vibes from you.
we don't want that now, do we?

Femi Adeyemi said...

LOL..lets see how long you can keep your 'suspension' up..

Hehe, but do understand that guys aren't mind readers. We try and sometimes don't get your silent messages oh.

Anyways, as long as you learn new things about your relationships each day, guess that's a start.

Take care and goodluck

Aphrodite said...

@princesa, thanks dearie. I have been answering their calls o. Infact I need to update asap so you guys can know the latest koko.

@uzezi, that list thing no work o. I have tried that. Yea O has something over X-My love and everyone keeps telling me the same thing. Marry X cos he loves you more…

@aloofar, am running out of patience o. Hopefully the Saga will end soon,lol…

@Naijalines, my sister you are not wrong at all. Since I met O, I have lost interest in the other guys. O knows he is the one I love and that I don’t have time for the others but I may have to settle with X in the end o. Am tired of waiting…

@badderchic, lol…yes o. Na real long thing…

@Isha, thanks for the advice. The only person getting mixed vibes from me is X but he is still undeterred.

@genius, who doesn’t know you guys are the dumbest?lol…

Smaragd said...

Miss there-is-always-drama-in-my-love-life!
lol! i have missed you sorely...

me? i'll just keep reading and speaking my mind... which you might hate me for later... I'M totally not feeling O! gosh! I agree with Afro, cant he tell the diff btw being ignored and being busy?

just keep praying.

Smaragd said...

suya and gizzard...lol, u are enjoying o!

Aphrodite said...

@esmeralda, lol...i didnt knwo it was smaragd till i checked the link. How are you babes. Its okay to keep reading and speaking ur mind. I promise i wont hate ypou for it...never.

Suya and gizzard is enjoyment?lol...

ibiluv said...

babes..remember just cos he doesnt love you the way you want doesnt mean he doesnt love you with ALL he has......

spell it.....

you hate it that you call more-it make me feel like you are the one doing all the giving-

if he cares-he'll make an effort-while men are from mars and we from venus-

they can ONLY operate on our frequency when we let them-

MEN ARE NOT MIND READERS.......

my people say'ti a ba pa oju de ki eni buburu kojalo-eni rere na ma koja'-if you close your eyes so bad people may walk past-nothing will alert you when the good ones pass-

in matters of the heart-everyone is different-so we all love differently....he just may not be the mushy type-

at age 60 no be mush you go chop-na companionship-so pray and be wise......

and from the way this posts reads-dude has no idea he is on suspension or that you are mad at him-

u know y-

cos HE IS NOT A MIND READER-TALK TO HIM PLEASE....

just like badderchic's blog reads(tade & wife)...na lack of communication dey cause wahala in my opinion..........

no offence intended dearie.........