CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Mixed Signals...

Hello People.
How was ur weekend. Hope it was blast. Mine was just there but hey, I can’t complain! Am alive and well this beautiful Monday and there is every reason to be grateful for that, abi?

Thanks for your kind and as usual, sincere comments on this blog. I appreciate you all.

Today what gist do I have for you? Plenty as usual…you know how it is now, lol…lots of you have already dubbed me ‘The girl with a drama-filled love life’. Anyway, I no argue at all. I know you guys are right. My love life reach to act Nollywood home movie sef,lol…

This morning on my way to work. I was just thinking about everything that has been happening of late and before I knew what was happening, the tears were welling up in my eyes. Why are things not working out the way I want them to? Since my adolescent years up until now, I have never lacked male attention. In fact I get more than my necessary due. Unfortunately, most times, the attraction is not mutual. I get guys that are fallin over themselves to get my attention but who I don’t feel an iota of attraction for. It is a really rare thing for me to find a man who I love. In all my years of relationships with the opposite sex, I have only being in love with a few but the thing about me is that when I actually fall in love with a person, I fall really hard but then again, I don’t believe in stupid love o…as in mumu blind love wey no dey see road. You go know say man no send you yet you go dey die put for there. God forbid bad thing abeg!
I have been very lucky that the few men I have loved have reciprocated equally or even more sef. Well that is until now…until O.

God knows I love this man(O) with all my heart. My mum called it infatuation(I’ll come to that in a minute) but it is really sad and painful that he doesn’t feel the same way. He may have feelings for me like he claims but the truth which I have come to realize is that the feelings he claims to have are not as strong or deep as the ones I have for him.

Abeg, lemme stop lamenting and take you guys through what has been happening in the past few days.

So it was last Thursday that O dropped in to see me at work. He said he was coming back later on but I didn’t see him after that day up until this moment. I tried to resist the urge to call him up to find out if all was well but then I couldn’t stop myself from sending him a text yesterday.

“Was thinking you would have called or tried to see me this weekend. Its times like this that makes me really wonder if you truly care. Happy Sunday anyway”

He sent a reply:
“Traveled out of town for a training. I am actually in transit now. Miss you much…”

Hmmm…na wa o…I didn’t buy that excuse cos even if he had to travel, he should had mentioned it that day he came around, or even called to tell me. Everywhere in Naija has GSM network now even my remote little village so he can't say he doesn't have network wherever he is. I mean, he replied my text so what stops him from calling?

My prayer this morning was “Dear God please help me forget this guy. He is causing me too much heartache abeg…”

Other gists…

Saturday morning, I woke up very depressed. It was almost like I didn’t want to wake up if it wasn’t to O’s phone call so I just laid in bed feeling sorry for myself(yea, even I feel ashamed of myself,lol…). Finally I decided to send a text to Bobo Nice. I had recently told him about my feelings for O so I was sure he wouldn’t hassle or stress me with pleas to consider him like either B.G or K would. So I texted him: “Am bored and depressed. Don’t wanna stay home all day feeling sorry for myself. Would love to hang out. Are you free?”
In a few minutes, his call came. He was very worried about me and wanted to know why I was depressed but I told him it wasn’t stuff we could talk about over the phone and that I’d tell him when we see. He informed me that he had just gotten a new apartment and was heading over there to set things up so I offered to come help him set up and after we were through, we could hang out somewhere and talk over drinks. He liked the idea so as soon as we ended the call, I got out of bed and went to get ready to head over to his new place.

Later on, dressed up and on my way out of the house, my mum asked me where I was going to and I told her. She knew Bobo nice cos he had come to the house a couple of times and even called her on her birthday. So she asked “Hmmm…so it’s Bobo Nice now?” I knew exactly what she meant and I replied “Noooo! Mummy, Bobo Nice is just a friend now…you know that. although he wants something more but I don’t love him like that. He is almost like a brother to me”.
She said “But he is a good boy and he is very God fearing” I rolled my eyes “Mummy! I don’t love him like that!!” She laughed and joked in Ibo “My child, whoever did this to you it will not work for him/her o!” lol…I burst out laughing and said “It will not work o!” My mum like many other mothers is concerned and wants her first daughter to get married and since it isn’t as if there is a drought of suitors, she doesn’t understand why it is taking me so long to make a decision. I don’t blame her at all, even me, I don’t even understand myself,lol…

Anyway, she went on “So who is the person you love? The Edo boy?” I nodded.
She said, “You have known Bobo Nice for four years now, yet you don’t love him and this one you just met six months ago, you love him. My dear, what you are feeling is infatuation”
I laughed. “Infatuation? I don’t think so mum”.

How could this thing I feel be infatuation? This feeling is much deeper than any fleeting thing. I really, really care for O, imperfections and all. I don’t even care that one of his front teeth is broken (he had a bad fall when he was kid). Trust me, I used care about such things,lol…

Anyway after a few arranging and rearranging in Bobo Nice’s place, we went to a nearby eatery for lunch and there he asked.
“ So Aphro, what is depressing you?” I didn’t wish to discuss it again cos I didn’t want to make him feel bad. You know, you love a girl and she is telling you how she is feeling heartbroken over another guy and all that. That should make anybody feel bad so I declined from discussing it. I just shrugged off his question with “Oh that! I was just in a funny mood then. Don’t worry, am over it now. Am not feeling depressed anymore”
He didn’t buy my explanation and kept insisting that I tell him what the problem was.
So I asked “What if it is about another guy? Would you still want to hear about it?” He said “Sure…of cos! I want to hear every little detail”.
So I told him every thing. I emptied my heart and poured out all my troubles and frustrations of the past days. At the end of it all. He said to me. “Aphro, I’ll tell you the truth. When a guy says to a girl that he wants to take things a day at a time, he isn’t sure he wants to commit yet and probably has other options he is considering. I am not saying this cos I want you but because it is the truth”

Bobo Nice’s response only served to re-enforce what I already knew. O isn’t ready for serious commitment and even though on his last visit he had said otherwise, I am still not convinced. Even his attitude these past days don’t depict a man in love.

Is it just me who thinks that he is sending mixed signals?

I just want to be over him, serious!

I know he’s got a lot of fans but you guys, just look at things objectively abeg…is he treating me right?

52 comments:

bumight said...

I will be honest with you and say its not only a matter of is he treating you right, its also a matter of are you treating him right.

you cannot keep running to your other options when thins dont go as planned. Even though you keep saying you love him, if the shoe was on the other foot, would you think the same thing?

I dont know how O really feels about you, but if I wanted to marry somebody, I would want to date the person exclusively.

Aphrodite said...

@bumight, thanks for ur honesty babes. I believed i was treating him right but then ur comment just opened my eyes wider.Thanks...

Mz. Dee said...

2nd!
i kinda agree with bumight.. i believe in karma and well.. karma is a bitch.

On the other hand.. O still soundz a lot like my guy... plus u now went and said he has a broken tooth.. i hope its nt the same person o!

Then again... i'd prefer if u got over O....as much as I'm a fan of him, ur recent posts dont do much to uphold his "good character". Me still sayz u shud try hard and 4get bout him. It'll be rily hard obviously...but a fresh guy in ur life wud be so much better dan all the complications!

Ms.O said...

have you ever heard the saying.."if you love something let it go and if it comes back that is how you will know" Please free all these men and start afresh and like bumight said. Stop playing with the emotions of all these men. Tell them point blank if you see something with them or not. BUT PLEASE DONT SETTLE FOR LESS. You do not want to be miserable for ever. Am sure you will be fine..xoxo*hug*

doll (retired blogger) said...

5th

Ms Sula said...

Personally, I subscribe to the adage that I shouldn't have to guess if someone is in love with me. And stuff like keeping each other aware of what is going on is part of a healthy relationship.

O and you both needed to do some serious reflecting. I have been where you are right now. First-born daughter, work stuff sorted out, and pressure to get married. It's a very toxic combo that can make you make very crazy decisions or act in a way you shouldn't.

Somebody said it before. You need to take a break from EVERYBODY. Take time to yourself and find comfort in yourself first. Once you're done working on YOU, only then the RIGHT one would come along...

Take good care, Hon... But please don't make rush decisions.

p.s: My gut tells me that O is not ready. But that's just me.

doll (retired blogger) said...

me I don’t think u luv O. I luv ur blog so much cuz u remind me of myself in a lot of ways. naturally like u said u r used to guys that u luv lovin u back and worst case scenario is: a guy luvs u and u don’t luv him back. now u are confronted with a new situation which is a challenge,. this whole phase of I luv him is just not accepting that someone u like does not like u as much unconciously u just want to bring him to his knees take it from a girl dat has been dere b4 so pls my girlfriend move on

that said I agree that karma can be a bitch…so hope u'v set mr X free?

Buttercup said...

wow...im sure u know goin to bobo nice n pourin out ur heart to him wud only trigger his determination to have u even more?

this O ehn..one day im feelin him, the next, i just dunno!

just keep on prayin..there's nothin God cant do...

i wish u ALL the best aphro!

Laughter said...

Aphro, Aphro, hmnnn really and truly i agree with doll and the rest, you need to take a back seat and look at everyone with a fresh eye. I really do not feel O at all, i have a feeling that O knows that your emotions runs deep but he is not sure you r the one, when a guy drags his legs to talk about future plans it shows that he is not ready or does not think u r the one, baby girl, let him go and lets trust God and see what He would do. This na just my opinion o.

Aphrodite said...

@mz.dee, thanks babes.Point taken.
@ms.O, yea i know that saying babes. I know i need to set him free, O i mean but meen its hard!
@doll, babes, i love him! For real i do. Its not about breaking him or anything. I know how i feel if he as much as gives me a smile. I know what am saying...Moving on is hard...
@buttercup, hmmm i didnt see it that way o. Thanks for ur wishes love.
@laughter, thanks babes. I have a feeling u are right.

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

10th not bad at all

I agree with Ms Sula....he definitely insnt treating you right.

Doll thanks for your comment made me realise something about myself..........

doll (retired blogger) said...

o really miss definately maybe. am off to your blog to investigate. LOL

@Aphro. if u say so, but i also thought so too

Naija Idol said...

im with mz dee on this one.

i just think u shud forget bout the whole O, X ... saga.

zara (my alter ego) said...

u know what i truly love about u? the fact that u know that some of us here, probably think maybe ure little dramatic in ur love affairs and over reactive in some of ur actions, but u still put up ur posts in all honesty and actualli say what u truly did, am humbled by ur honesty. kudos to u.

ok.. to the main tori.. o .. is NOT treating u right or ur felings for o arent treating u right.. well.. not an expert on infatuation nor love.. but whatever it is.. IT either rights itself(o falls badly in love and cant leave without u) or IT goes away, either ways, i just want u to be happy.. u deserve it.. u've had ur fair share of man troubles.. cheer up dearie.

Tairebabs said...

I always like to be careful when I give advise on relationship matters because it is easier said than done. But my opinion of the matter is that you need to be really careful with O. It is one thing to say lets take things one day at a time (I don't expect him to marry you on the first date or anything like that) and then it is another to be disappearing for a space of time and simply text i miss you and the like (that's the easiest thing to do ~ trust me). Men and sometimes women can be funny, we sometimes test different flavors to see which one we like best. I think O is looking and weighing his options. Bobo nice advice to you was in my opinion a good word of advice.

You deserve better and I totally agree with ms sula that you shouldn't have to guess when it comes to love.

Vera Ezimora said...

Babe, allow me to tell you what I think it is:

No, O is not sending you mixed signals. His signals are loud and clear, but you, honey, do not want to see or hear them. No matter what he does, you put a 'BUT' after it to make look better. You're used to being wanted, and now this guy doesn't want you.

My advice?? Let him go.

How? Love another.

Trust me, you can make the decision. Falling in love is not an uncalculated, involuntary move like we like to think.

Let him go.

ibiluv said...

kai...Vera u harsh ooooooooooo

but while i kinda agree with Bumight...........

if the love too get wahala

its not rite............

Zayzee said...

im not a fan of O cos he's exhibiting acts im very familiar with, and u really should move away from him. he doen't wanna commit, yet he doesn't wanna let go.

and again my dear, u ve programmed ur mind to believe that ur happiness in marital life and love relations depends on him.

i was there and all it made me was sick and i didn't recognise what it turned me into, all in the name of trying to make it work.

u do not settle for less. never. before O u knew what kind of guy u wanted and how he has to treat u. Maybe he fits the pix physically, what about emotionally. ask urself questions about ur happiness five years from today if u marry O.

there is love around you. the type of consuming and fun filled, buddies, best friend, soulmate kind of love that u ve always dreamed to drown in. don't let O and his issue, blind u from seeing what God has sent ur way.

today i sit and wonder how i managed to stomach a relationship that plays like urs with O for over a year, and i thank God for delivering me out of the bonds of satan. cos had i ended up wt him, my future woulda been hell.

it's painful to let go, but the sonner u do, the faster you will heal and move on.

how can he not tell u he is leaving town? in this age of telecommunications? even if u guys fought, the fact that u r in a relationship, he ought to know, she has to know im leavin town in case. but the fight is stil there. that act is disrespect.

do the good and bad test. take a paper and write his good and bad, and see which side wins, and be very sincere about it because it is ur future, and our mothers always say that the marraige that lasts is that in which the man loves the woman way more than she loves him.

deep down u really know what u want. don't settle for less.

Flourishing Florida said...

i was just wondering weda 2 comment & repeat d same things i've been drumming abt 4 decades now till i saw Mz dee's comment. WHAT!!!!!!! d amebo n me wants 2 initiate some investigative journalism. mz dee check o. dudes can b very funny eh, & up to a lot of mischief. aphro, u ma, u need 2 snoop around too abt O. a man dat is dragging his feet like dis had 'stand-by's. Plenty of outside games.

Flourishing Florida said...

btw, i agree totally with Vera. y? cos i've been there! den one day i told myself d truth & i LET GO. dat was d best decision i'd ever made n my life

Flourishing Florida said...

uzezi get word there too

*kai, see as am just agreeing with everybody!!!!*

but truthfully, all am looking forward 2 dis blog is wen i'd read dat O IS HISTORY. dat will make me d happiest person!

Anonymous said...

I have an aunty who once told me that when I'm ready to get married it's not about the man who gives me hot flushes because these feelings will eventually fade then what'll be left?
If this love is giving you such heartache now can you really deal with it for the next 50 years? You've detached yourself from him to see if he comes running back but that didn't work. He seems to be all mouth and no action so let him go now before resentment and ill feelings on both sides set in.
Good luck x

ShonaVixen said...

i've lost count what number i am here!!lol..but i agree wiv Mz Dee and all those who say to let O go, yess I'm one of the Team O fans but you deserve so much more, and it aint fair on you! Yes its easier said than done to say forget O, but with time you'll be just fine!!
Thanx for the bday wishes, makes me feel so welcome on blogville

Afrobabe said...

I think Bobo nice is right in his assessment but if you really want you can hang in there and make him change his mind…I have done it before and it worked…

Only I turned out to be the one not too sure afterall…my justification to myself?? Why did I have to work so hard to make him fall head over heels in whatever with me…fuck him..

At the end of the day we ur blogsville family can say all we want, its ur feelings that count...

Jayjazzy said...

Sweets,i kinda agree with everyone of everything, Bobo nice said a good thing. Trust me i know how it feels to love someone and not be loved back but heck chic, O love s u but isnt simply ready so what can i say....

Jay said...

Babe like i said before, take time out to think carefully...i know its really hard to be objective when love is in the equation but its very necessary because there is a lot at stake i.e. your future...

It'll be ok...trust your instincts and listen to what your heart and head tell you.

Rayo said...

i wish u were ova dis guy already, he's not exactly bein lovin

Aphrodite said...

@miss def maybe,thanks for ur comment.
@doll, yea i really do love him.
@naijaidol, e easy for mouth my dear...
@zara, thanks babes. I do not see any reason not to be absolutely honest on this blog even if some peeps do not agree with some of the things i do.
@tairebabs, thanks really dear...
@vera, love another? How i wish it was that easy!
@ibiluv, thanks babes
@uzezi, u sound like you know what u are saying babes. Thanks for sharing ur experience.
@florida, hmmm, i dont even want to stress myself about the guy again. If e like make he get hundred girlfriends,lol...
@kk, u really described him well jare. All mouth no action...
@shona, u are welcome hun.I truly deserve much more. I have been saying that to myself all day,lol...
@afro, the last thing i would do is to hang in there and make him change his mind. Am worth more than that babes.
@jayjazzy, he loves me but is not ready to commit. I no want that kain love abeg.
@jarrai, thanks as always luv. Am trusting my instincts now.
@rayo, i wish so too...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I no fit shout again o...

I dont even know what to say again mehn...at all, at all...

so I will keep ma mouth shut...kpam!

*mumbles under breath* wetin ma small mouth wan talk?

Unknown said...

Bobo Nice has told you the truth oh:

“ When a guy says to a girl that he wants to take things a day at a time, he isn’t sure he wants to commit yet and probably has other options he is considering."


Sista, guys do not say goodbye...They don't like closed doors. They like to keep their options open. And come back time and time again if you let them.

O would keep you in limbo as long as you let him. Because he has got nothing to lose. And he'd keep getting what he wants too...
Only you can break you free from this charade. Only you can close the door and move on.

Aphrodite said...

@chari,lol...why u no want talk again?
@naijalines, i dont ever want to be one of a man's options so i guess i need to advise myself this time. Thanks dear.

FineBoy Agbero said...

objectif-ly... 4rm u ke?
i tell u b4, u no gree. u just dey do mumu-love follow dis guy...

O isnt d kind of man who is serious o. i know all d signs... i know cos he's d man i used to be. d guy neva ready 4 anything!

FineBoy Agbero said...

and naijalines is ryt o. d guy is just keepin his doors open: no closure rara...

and why does he go on and off like a switch? pops into d office and then doesnt even call for 3 or 4 days? cos he's got options! find out well, dis dude probably has several other gals, so many dat he calls only when he remembers!

PS: i no be him fan at all at all!!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Hey, how are you doing? Bumight's points are on target, so I will hold my tongue. Take it easy my sista.

Smaragd said...

Darling, it's always easier to tell people what to do, esp when it comes to relationships really, so i'll rein in my blunt self.

Uzezi, Vera and FFF have said it all. churn them in ur mind and let's know what u come up with ok? at the end of the day, it's all about u and what u want.

I have promised myself though, that i will not settle for less where love is concerned. it's the least i deserve because i have so much to give.

Akinwale said...

Lol. So the nice guy is like a brother, eh? Hmm... I wonder where I've heard this before...

princesa said...

Babes, you've got some wonderful advice here o! Better use ur head.
The guy is either not a serious person or he is not that into you!

Keep praying to God to help you get over him cos he def isnt worth the whole wahala.

You know i heart you.

Flourishing Florida said...

men like O never walk away, oh no they don't. there's a thrill n knowing dez dis chick out there somewhere dat loves dem die!!!!! daz one major attraction u'd had over his other options (assuming dat all of dem r not falling over demselves 4 him too. God help una if em b fine boy no pimple! ha! finish 4 una. dude is so used 2 adoration dat he lives 4 it). he is enjoying dat emotional old he has on u, it's like a drug. he knows he couldn't b taking it cos daz not wot he really really wants, but he misses it wenever he's away 4rm it. so, he keeps coming back 2 nibble as long as u allow him. should u ever say u no want again, he'd beg & beg & beg. but it's not u he loves, it's d idea of being loved by u he loves!

Rita said...

Bobo Nice is really nice oh. And I have learnt that it is not the love/lust/infautation/physical attraction things that make a relationship last but having a true friend, one whom you can be yourself with, open up to, have fun with, cry on, exchange dreams...

Anyways, let's see as everything goes. Your Mr. Right might just be around the corner...

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

am begining to think o wants to break it off but needs u to do the breaking so he doesnt feel guilty.

this is my truth; the guy doesnt like u like that. love is outta the question.

and wot u r feeling is wot most of us woman feel. it isnt that u love O too much its that u cannot comprehend as to why he doesnt care as much as u want him too. this draws ur heart closer to him. the confusion of his feelings and the inability to understand why so.

ur love for O is the curious love i'll say. by the time u get over him. u will wonder why u didnt put him behind u a long time ago.

by the way. bobo nice is really nice. and trust mi by the time he finds a good girl and decides to settle u'll be very mad @ urself.

NaijaScorpio said...

If only u were here and i could give u a copy of "He's not just that into u" that book is the best.

After reading that book, u won't have these kinds of questions cos u'll know for sure. The dude is not ready.

kay-shawn said...

This is the only advice I have for you, no matter what, dont ever go to Bobo Nice again to tell him about your issues with O.
If you really want to leave O take Mz. Dee's advice.

Ms. emmotions said...

hmmmm, u take it easy and be calm, dont even fret over this dear, and u wil see how perfect things will be,

hugs ***

tobenna said...

Small thing big wahala.
Na wah oh.
Just teasing, look up Ms. Emmotions current post on guys.
It may help.

Femi Adeyemi said...

Yaay, i know what's up..hehe

Truth is you love O, more than he loves you. That's why you feel the ache more when he doesn't do the things a guy that is so into someone would do.

O luvs u, but probably not as much as u luv me. I mean i'd always let my wifey know if i was travelling, so petty of him not to have told you.

You really are putting a lot into O and i pray for your sake, everything turns out right for you.

Take care dearie

Lady said...

I PERSONALLY BELIEVE......O cares..however i dont think he is READY for a committment AS DEEP as MARRIAGE!!!!!!!!!!
BABE IF HE REALLY WANTED YOU GUYS TO GET MARRIED.....HE WOULD BE TRIPPING OVER HIMSELF.....HE WOULD CALL TO LET YOU KNOW BEFORE HE LEAVES TOWN..HE WILL EITHER KEEP TO HE'S PROMISES OR EXPLAIN IMMEDIATELY WHY HE COULDNT....YOU NEED NOT BE THE ONE CALLING OR TEXTING TO FIND OUT....he will like he owes it to you..to let you know such info!
I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT HE ENJOYS YOUR COMPANY...IS THAT ENUFF?
I THINK YOU SHOULD TRY AND TAKE YOUR MIND OFF O FOR THE MAIN TIME..i knu its really hard beybey!!!!!!!! LET HIM DO ALL THE WORK FROM NOW ON!he owes it to you!
p.s;XOXO

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

I could do with a Vera Ezimora or an Uzezi in my life at the moment.....(totally random comment I know.)

The Activist said...

I have seen great advice here. I am lost for what to say again. But I will just beg you to shine your eye. Read btw d lines and dont be taking for a fool

wellsbaba said...

hmmmm....well I think ur mind aint made up yet,attimes we humans tend to act as agents of emotions instead of reasoning or logic....I think u knw d 1st dude aint rily committed but u want him! deal wif d facts my dear! n for bobo nice,b easy wif him o dose typa boiz can b smooth green snake in green grass....dey will b so nice u might end up in there arms...I knw u r sayin to urself right now thats not possible but just bware o but hey! nothin is wrong wif him now.....

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I don't know how O feels about you, but a piece of advice I was given and always stick to is this: choose the guy that loves you more than you love him.
I know how u feel sha, there always men crazy about me, but less than a handfull that I have ever had genuine feelings for.
I wish you well, and hope you find what you are looking for.

Aphrodite said...

Thanks everyone. You guys are the best.