CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

FUNNY PHONE CALL AND OTHER GISTS

Something funny happened Sunday night. I got a call from some strange lady. I’ll just take you through our phone exchange. Let’s call the strange lady S.L

Me: Hello…
S.L: Hello, am I speaking to Aphrodite?

Me: Yea…who is this?
S.L: My name is S.L. Bobo Nice’s friend.

You guys know Bobo Nice now. My friend I met during NYSC that has always wanted something more but who I don’t feel any attraction for. Remember now?
Me: Oh…okay…
S.L: Bobo Nice has been my friend since our uni days and I went to visit him today and saw your pictures in his album. I fell in love with you instantly and asked who the fine babe was and he told me all about you. How much he loved you and everything…
At this point am suspecting where the conversation is headed so I chuckle.
Me: Hmmm,hmmm...
S.L: Please I just want to ask you a favour…
Me: Okay…

S.L: Please marry Bobo Nice. He is a very good guy and he is madly in love with you. He doesn’t know how else to prove his feelings to you so he poured out his feelings to me today so am begging you, please marry him. I am married and six months pregnant, I beg you with the baby in my womb please accept him, you will never regret it.
At this point I burst into laughter. Begging me with the baby in her womb ke? This na serious matter sha.
Me: Ha ha ha…did Bobo Nice put you up to this?
S.L: Noooo! He didn’t but I had to call you because he told me how he felt about you and he really wants to marry you, moreover I told you I loved you the moment I saw your picture. Please my dear, pleaseeeeeeee you won't regret it…

Me: You know what, am actually somewhere now so can you call me back later when it will be conducive for us to talk.
I was actually outside my house gisting with my neighbour.
S.L: Okay I‘ll call you later then. Bye.
Me: Bye.

Thinking about that call later. I felt sorry for poor Bobo Nice. I didn’t need anyone to tell me he was a good guy and all afterall we’ve been friends like 4 years now. Unfortunately, he was in love with me but I wasn’t with him. Why is life so complicated, I mean why can’t a person love the person that loves him/her equally? Why would Mr.A be in love with Miss B who in turn will be in love with Mr. C. It’s not just fair! It is only very few lucky ones that find a partner who they love and who reciprocates equally. I guess one can only pray to get lucky in love.

See now, Bobo Nice, K, B.G, X are all in love with me and wish to marry me but stupid me, instead of reciprocating the love to one of them, am following one coconut head(O of course!) who sometimes I wonder If he really feels for me the same way I feel for him. Na wa for this life o!
Anyway am waiting for S.L to call again and I’ll politely tell her that I am in a relationship with a guy I really like(Please note I said like not love cos recently I have been trying to re-evaluate what it is I really feel for O. Not sure yet if it is love, I may just be infatuated,lol…) and that Bobo Nice is simply my friend and nothing more. Marrying him doesn’t come up at all!

Ehen! Something else happened last week that I wanted to blog about but didn’t have time to do so. I guess I can blog about it now abi?

I was in my office jejely facing my work when O came in unannounced (that reminds me, I need to have a word with the office receptionist about this. She doesn’t even inform me when he comes these days. She just lets him right in. Even if he was my husband sef, I still think it’s not right for her to usher him in without my notice). So he came with his elder sister and guess what! Concidentally, we’ve met before(I and his sister). My company did some business with her some time ago. You see, this world is a really small place. Thank God we had a cordial contact then. What if we had some issues then and now she turns out to be my boyfie’s sister? E for hard o,lol…

Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise. He had told her about me and she said she knew me, so he brought her to my office. His sister is married to an Ibo man. I remember the first time we met, I had thought she was Ibo cos she really looks like a typical Ibo woman and speaks the language. I was surprised when she told me she was from Edo. O speaks and understands Ibo too although that should be expected since their mum is Ibo.

They didn’t stay long cos O had to get back to his office. When they were about leaving, I got up to see them off to the car. As we strolled to the car, guess who I saw in the premises? X! Remember he works just opposite my office. I think he came to do some stuff in my office premises or maybe he was actually coming to see me. I stopped briefly to greet him with a formal handshake. I could see O was giving me an inquiring look. O knew about X and that he worked opposite my office but he hadn’t met him before. X also knew about O but he also hadn’t met him in person. They gave each other some funny look, me I quickly greeted X and walked on ahead with O and his sister.

As they made to enter the car, O pulled me aside and asked: “Who was that guy you greeted?” I turned to look in the direction of X and he was staring at us. I quickly turned back to O and told him “We’ll talk about that later, your sister is waiting”. So he got into the car and I walked back towards my office. I sensed that he was watching me to see if I’d go back to meet X so I didn’t even stop when I passed by X. I just moved straight ahead into my office.

A few minutes later, O’s call came in. I was expecting it so I smiled when he asked
“Aphrodite, who was that guy?”
I replied “You know him now…”
“Know him? How?”

“Okay he is my X, the one I told you about”
“Your X. When will they leave you for me enh baby?”

“You don’t have to worry about him, he is not a threat at all”
“Are you sure?”
“Yea I am”

Na so that one come take end sha.

Later X dropped in. I expected him to ask about O and his sister but surprisingly he didn’t even say a word about them or even mention how I treated him as in just walking into my office without looking at his side. I guess he wanted to be matured about things cos it was really obvious that there was some thing up between me and the guy I saw off.

I have to admit that is one good thing about X. he doesn’t pry too much especially if he feels that he may not like the answer he’ll get. If it was O enh…wahala for dey that day,lol…

I didn’t see O all through last weekend. It was end of the month and as usual he had to work weekends. Na wa for that their bank o. I have friends who are bankers and who do not have to go to work on weekends even at the end of the month but not O’s bank. They must all work weekends at the end of the month especially those in O’s department (Operations).
Its annoying me cos its only weekends that we get to see and one demanding job like that will now be coming between us. Hiss!

Anyway, I think I have overyarned as it is. I planned to make this post as short as possible so nikkisab wont have to go on break this time,lol…

Take care y’all and have a lovely week.

I’ll try to drop by your blogs.

xxx kisses xxx

33 comments:

O'Dee said...

1st!

LG said...

babes take am easy , i dont trust SL at all o, who send her message/ wont she mind her own fam. *hiss*
neways tread carefeully sha.

lol@..am following one coconut head
B4 nko, na dat head dey make u kolo even more, lolll
i trust O, norrin dey par.

njoy!!

O'Dee said...

Me I have always been a fan of Bobo Nice.
But who send SL message now, I can't swear using my unborn child oh. Esp not for sm1 I dont even know.

Afrobabe said...

kai...3rd, will read later...hehehe

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

lol @ bobo nice's friend. well sha, like u dat datz life. and its funny.

lol @ the weird encounter of X and O. lol. X and O. i feel small 4 X sha. eeeya. e go beta.

Jinta said...

looks like you lead a complicated life, always ends up messy, if you ask me (i can see you mouthing: '...and who's asking you?')

for my money, i think X is it (considering that all my knowledge is from this one post), however, you have to be cautious, he may end up breaking your heart rather than you, his

Anonymous said...

that conversation with S.L was funny. why do pple do that? it might not even be Bobo Nice that put her up to it but where will she get ur number from anyway. Sha take am easy and enjoy ur relationship with O.

Afrobabe said...

Hmmm babe, i dont think X loves you oh...No man on earth who loves you will accept any answer just cos he might not like what he'll hear...

Bobo nice...unfortunately nice guys come last...we need action!!!

Aphrodite said...

@oluwadee, clap for yaself babes.
@LG, lol...coconut head no dey sexy o...
@oluwadee, see me see trouble o. Swearing with her unborn child is just the height o!
@afro, hehehe, okay...
@lighty, e go beta o. That na my motto
@jinta, thanks for ur opinion. Messy is what i definitely do not want. I think you should read some older posts before you conclude.
@iwalewa, i can bet my money, Bobo nice gave her my number altho that one doesn't bother me cos no one can pressure me into doing what i don't want to do.
@afro, it's not that he will accept any answer. Just that he'll rather not get into a row but he knows what he is doing. And don't forget he knows he is still outside the door so he's treading carefully. Me i know say u like O as per action man abi?lol...

Smaragd said...

i so dislike it when people do that "mediator" thingy! cant we all just mind our business-es?

tankojjetty said...

i hate the mediator part and she begging u with the baby in her tummy...lol

U'll prolly get hurt in the end...
O's going to dump you...
u'll dump all the other guys and everyone's miserable

I think u shd just go single...honest and save all of u the heartbreak

"The One" will come.

right now, you'll be too distracted to notice

bumight said...

ok, I officially give it to you! you have enough drama for three single girls!...and I hate mediators/go-betweens, but I must confess, they make my head swell!

Mz. Dee said...

lmao @ the lady!!
She wan use her pikin life swear 4 person!!

Nyhoo, O is jst being protective na.. rightly so!! see hw many guyz dey chase one babe.. at a time o!

hehe.. glad ure back

FRANCESCA said...

enjoy yourself as much and as long as you can.

NikkiSab said...

Sister...lol!!!!!!! I read to d end. I want to be as HAWT!!! as u wen i grow up o. Babe, dis X, dis X!! i no go talk. As for O, d guy de show u to family members no b small, i'm thinking someone may soon get a question popped as u r getting uncle and sister approvals. Isn't it time u begin to introduce him to ur side?

ibiluv said...

life aiint fair.....

i guess most people have had their share of people who wanted them real baaaaad and they just couldnt muster more than pity as an emotion when they crossed dia mind........

the dilemma of the x meeting the current.......

nurring do u gal!!!!!!!!!!!!1

kay-shawn said...

Love triangles are a real shame. Like you described it, A loves B but B, instead of loving A back, is passionately in love with C who's probably dying for D who doesn't even know C exists because every other person looks like E and E..... It's an endless story.

doll (retired blogger) said...

Bobo nice sounds pathetic

princesa said...

I also don't like other people meddling in my love life. When kasala burst they wont be there o!

Just follow ur heart darling. E go better.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Just take it easy with these guys O.

NaijaBabe said...

wow...the phone call is quite funny!

Rita said...

Simply enjoying what I'm reading. No comments yet...

Unknown said...

Take am easy sha.

tobenna said...

Ok dear.
I'm going to be as truthful as possible and probably blunt.

This phase of your life will pass soon. This phase of getting all the male attention. Make the best of it.
Decide on the best man and dump the rest. I mean, literally dump. If it means stopping to talk to them, then do it.
No man that thinks he has you will feel comfortable with these other chaps in the background.

Just my thought.

Jayjazzy said...

Well, what can i say maybe u should try giving Bobo nice a chance, u never know u might grow to like him. *cough* u never know.

wellsbaba said...

lol....dnt trust anybody ooo d phone call might jst b a set up!
dis world is a small big village,i try to alwais path wit pple on a good note cos I ALWAIS bliv we'll meet again.....try drop by my blog as u promised ooo...lol

Naija Idol said...

who send the woman message?? she come dey swear with her unborn child. werin she xpect u 2 say? did she xpect u to say u'll marry him or sumtin?? some pple shud just mind their business.

Femi Adeyemi said...

LOL, that was one weird phone call and she didn't have to bring the innocent baby into it.

So if you go ahead and marry bobo nice and you see its not all that, will she come and bail you out? Hehehe.

enjoy dearie, take good care.

Buttercup said...

beggin wit the baby in her womb...gosh, strange things do happen!

wow, i cant even begin to imagine how uncomfy it was for u greetin X while O was there....thank God X handled it maturely sha..

anyhoos, u take care!

Chari said...

afro u sef u be sharp babe...if Bobo nice didnt put her up to it...how'd she get ur number without him bein suspicious?

eeyaa..mehn I dnt envy ur situation at all cuz I know how confused I'd be if I were in ur shoes...

well this issue of love na strong thing I swearr..I jus pray I'm never in a twist of it ever in ma life...

ShonaVixen said...

SL shouldnt be trying to be mediator and then swearing with her unborn child..damn!!LOL

Parakeet said...

SL is what I call 'agborodun' (dont ask me what it means but I think something along the lines of spokesperson). Anyway I think you should tell her where to go. What nonsense your number being passed around like dat. You should even give bobo nice an ear bashing sef.

Thanks for hanging out with me on my page.

Aphrodite said...

@smaragd, some peeps dont know what 'Mind your business means',lol...

@tankojetty, dis ur advice na wa o! Thanks anyway.

@bumight, i agree dear, i have enough drama,lol...

@mz.dee, i only hope he is just being protective and not possesive sha...no be my fault na, na Baba God dey do am,lol...

@francesca, thanks

@nikkisab, go away jooo, i can swear you were even hotter before Oga hooked you,lol... Introduce him ke? Not sure its time yet o, and he hasnt asked too.

@ibiluv, i agree babes, life aint fair at all.

@kay-shawn, why o why does it have to be dat way?!

@rita, okay any comment yet? Happy u enjoyed reading...

@doll, he isn't anyway. Just a man in love, poor guy!

@princesa, i want to follow my heart babe, i really do but...hmmm...

@naijalines, thanks babes.

@tobenna, thanks for that thot bro. Glad you were honest and blunt with me, i really needed that advice. Thanks again.

@jayjazzy, try? Naa, dont think so. No space for him anyway.

@wellsbaba, you are absolutely right. Will drop by very soon.

@naijaidol, i bow for her o!

@genius, exactly! She wont o. Then she'll now know how to mind her biz. People!

@buttercup, strange things do happen babes.

@Chari, pray hard o cos this kind of situation aint palatable at all...

@shonavixen, i concur...

@parakeet,agborodun?lol...i'll update soon on what i did. You are welcome babes.