CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

The party and the pleasant surprise.

Happy new week everybody.
Hope ur weekend went down well and no wahala at all?
We thank God for life and I thank him for all of you my friends. Una too much jare.
May this week bring all the favours and blessings we hope for, Amen.


Okay so what gist do I have for you guys today.

Plenty!



I just pray I have enough time to spill it all out.

There is a challenge between O and I going on now.

We call it the Romance Challenge.

Its like this, we realised that we haven’t been particularly romantic towards each other as we should so everyday each person has to try and outdo the other with some romantic gesture. So far it’s been cool sha and guess who has been winning. Moi of cos! That guy has no romantic bone in his body at all. I have told him, he has a lot to learn in the romance department.

Last night I serenaded him with my favourite song of the moment-No Air(Jordin Sparks/Chris brown). He was so happy. Who no like beta thing? Anyway am waiting to see what he’ll do today. So far I haven’t been impressed at all.



Last Saturday was my mum’s birthday and she had a party. I planned to invite O to the party and use the opportunity to introduce him to my family as my friend o, nothing more! I never ready to answer question yet,lol…

Anyways, that plan was spoilt when I realized K and X would be coming. Mum is friendly with both guys and invited them both. Knowing them(K & X) very well, I knew they would try to cling to me all through the event so I decided not to put O through the embarrassment. He wasn’t too happy that I didn’t invite him cos somehow I let it slip that we were having a party that weekend, however he thought it was probably cos I wasn’t ready for him to meet the parents yet.



I also invited B.G. The guy I used to date before I met O(see earlier posts). True, he is also still nursing the hope that we can still end up together. Sincerely I know he truly cares for me sha. In fact if u ask me between O, X and B.G, who loves me more. I’d say B.G and am very sure about that. He proved it in more ways than one while we were dating even up till now despite the fact that I broke things off with him and told him I was in love with some other guy(O).

So that day, There were three guys jostling for my attention at the party. X, K and B.G.

K and X knew they were rivals but they still put up a show of greeting each other with smiles although I wonder if it reached their hearts. B.G didn’t know either of them and they didn’t know him too. I tried to busy myself with attending to the guests but every chance they got, one of them was sure to corner me at a spot acting all husbandy and all. Even B.G had to go introduce himself to Mum as ‘my friend’. Mum being the sharp woman she is later asked me what kind of friend i was with that guy that came to greet her. I replied that he was my friend too,lol…



X’s own was the one that pissed me off sef. Anytime he saw me talking to a male guest for more than 5 minutes, he would come around and introduce himself to the guy and before he left us, he was sure to tell me some thing using the prefix ‘Honey’. I just tire for the guy. Sometimes when he called that Honey, I go just do ear like say I no hear at all. Which kain marking territory be that one now?
One of my friends(a guy) who attended even commented-“Wetin dey do that guy sef? Even if u be im wife, make e take am easy now!”

K adopted a much more mature attitude. He just kept his distance. He obviously noticed I didn’t want any gumming body not to add that X was always hovering around like fly over shit so the poor guy no see chance to take corner me.



I just kept thanking God that I didn’t make the mistake of inviting O. The guy eye for just turn reeeeed!!!

The party went well sha.

Later that night. O called me and it was to give me a surprising news. It was a pleasnt surprise.

He had told me some time back that his aunty(mother’s younger sister) was married to a guy from my town. I just waved it aside as one of those gists so you can imagine my shock when he called me that Saturday night. Our conversation went thus:



O: Aphrodite, you can’t believe this…my uncle knows ur family very well.
Me: Your uncle?

O: Remember I told you my mum’s younger sister was married in your place. They both know ur family very well. Speak with him.
(At this point another voice comes on)
Uncle: Nne, kedu?(How are u?)
Me: O dim ma(am fine). Who is this?
Uncle: Your mother’s brother…

Me: My mother’s brother? Which one?
Uncle: Uncle E. 1004(He used to live with his family at 1004 in V/I. As kids we called him Uncle I004)

Me: Uncle!!! Good evening sir! Kee ka unu mere(How are you people doing?)
Uncle: We are doing fine. How is your mummy? Is she there, let me greet her.
Me: She is fine, hold on let me give her the phone




I ran to give mummy the phone only to find the line had cut off.
Later O called and gave me the gist. Uncle 1004 who is my younger brother’s god father(yea our families are that close!) is his auntie’s husband. They had given him a lot of gist about my family and all. In fact O was just giving me gist about my family. I didn’t worry sha cos there are no skeletons in our cupboard so nothing to fear. Later on when mumsy was asking me how come Uncle 1004 called me on my phone to greet her instead of calling her. I had to explain what happened. She asked me who the friend of mine was. I told her he was just a friend. She asked where he was from. I said Edo state, then she said okay she remembered Aunty T(uncle’s wife) had a sister who married an Edo man.




Anyway, that’s the gist o!

O and I have some sort of connection. I wonder if this is a sign from God that things will work out between us and the tribe thing wouldn’t be a barrier at the end of the day.

O however told me that uncle E had told him that it would be a difficult battle to get my folks to accept him as a son-in-law cos they are really staunch Catholics and also wont like me to marry a non-ibo even though his case was slightly better since he was half Ibo (his mum is Ibo).
Oh well, make we dey see sha…



What else?
Okay, I know y’all have been asking what happens to X?
Truth is I haven’t told him anything yet but it’s beginning to look like I will have to soon given the way he acted at the party last weekend-like he owned me and had paid my bride price or something.
I am just being relauctant to tell him off outrightly cos again am feeling I may be making a mistake. O hasn’t declared his stand as per marriage. X has and like a lot of people(my mum too) have pointed out, he has a lot of nice qualities to make a good husband. A friend of mine (a much older guy who should know) also told me that what makes a marriage successful happens within it and not before it and I shouldn’t be deceived by that rush of ‘hot love’ that most young ladies seek.

Me I no know again sha.


29 comments:

bumight said...

let me claim FIRST, before I start...

bumight said...

that being out of the way, (lol!) its cool that u and O have this romance challenge, even if he is not romantic, he'll learn how to be from you.
You need to make a decision on X, I'm laughing, as I try to imagine him at the party. obviously the dude knows he has strong competition.
I dont know how I feel about u not inviting O to the party.
I'm still voting for o
O for President!

lol!, u are now an official pimpette!

Afrobabe said...

lol @ the rush of hot love...

wow..imagine being kinda related to O..lol..ok,ok u r not related, no incest here..

hmmmm...someone is having fun....

Femi Adeyemi said...

lol @ Mr 'husbandy' X...lol

And yep, there's no harm in teaching O to be more romantic.

its a funny world though, some girls like mr romantic and some don't..hmm

have a good week...take good care

belissima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Aphro, take easy o. You don be like family to me thru this blogville and I just don't want to see you get hurt. I still say let your relationhip with O grow a little bit more, let the newness wear off and see if you guys can sustain the normal stages a relationship goes through. Be good:-)

Flourishing Florida said...

i agree with ur older friend. all this hot love & chick flicks deceive into seeking 'the one'. there's no such thing! if a man is good 2 u, & u r good 2 him, (& u both find urself attractive & can develop affection), move with it. no one is perfect, so even 'the one' will have hid flaws dat aint cute @ all.

am happy u & O r working things out. i think u r better off moving forward with O, dan all this rigmarole back & forth, merry-go-round movement. time is spent, nothing is accomplished.

O'Dee said...

"what makes a marriage successful happens within it and not before it and I shouldn’t be deceived by that rush of ‘hot love’"

Rightly said.

Hope u r good?

Thirty + said...

"rigmarole back & forth, merry-go-round movement. time is spent, nothing is accomplished".

"what makes a marriage successful happens within it and not before it"

@FFF and Aphro's uncle/egbon, these words are profond and deep, me sef go chew on it.

@Aphrodite, how you dey, all I can say is that you are blessed to have good folks around you that care.

Enjoy your week xxx

Unknown said...

Sounds like you should give O some time sista. Your rshp is just beginning to 'flower' so I wouldn't make any decisions or push it at the moment.

LG said...

Dis X sef na proper 'agbaya' lollll not dat i blame him sha'(u be fine gurl na) newayz nothin nothin for am
O for.....(aphrodite fill in d blank)

yeye so u neva do ur tag abi??? i go ask O to flog u well well, lolllll

princesa said...

This world is really a small place. How would u have known that u and O had some connection?

Maybe it's a sign, who knows.

Goodluck with O babes.

Naija Idol said...

why X dey do like this sef??? U and O r connected?? its a small world like they say, or to sound silly, this world na room and parlour. lol.who knows, we might be related.

simplegal said...

First off I have to say Go O, go O, go O...I'm really loving you and O's connection...and I feel justified because I don't like that possesiveness X is showing oh.
I agree with FFF and Honeywell, you need to keep moving forward with O.
I know I'm biased, but seriously take your time and don't rush into any decision....we're just giving ou support and a little shove in the (perceived) right direction.
As always, you are in my prayers. Much love.

NikkiSab said...

Agghhhh...gr8 tins are yet to come. As for X, i talk am b4 and i go talk am again - babe X him proper. Let him GOOOO!!!!!! I no like him fire brigade tactics.

Aphrodite said...

@bumight,lol...official pimpette? O for president in which country?
@afro, yea i am having fun dear.
@genius, from ur comment i deduce u are mr romantic,yea? It's true, one man's meat is another's poison. That's life.
@anonymous, thanks so much for ur comment. Wish u posted with a name tho.
@florida, wise comment dear. me sef don tire for rigmaroling up and down. Not getting younger o!
@oluwadee, am good babes. thanks.
@30+, am fine dear. How are you too? Am really blessed to have you all.
@naijalines, thanks sister. Will take ur advice.
@lg, no flog me abeg. The tag still dey my mind,lol...
@princesa, yea it is. I wish it were a sign of good things.
@honeywell, i think so too but sometimes i can't help wondering if am not making a mistake.
@naijaidol, lol@we being related. you never know o!
@simplegal, thanks for the support and ur prayers love.
@nikkisab, lol...u def dont like X babes. Anyway he isnt so bad o, just fighting for what he wants,lol...

Mz. Dee said...

18th!
Omo i don late o...
Babe i fink we shud a shot at love with Aphrodite very soon.. like the tila tequila series on mtv!
Lolz.. ur love life too dey interestin!

So u and Uncle O are connected? Me is likin this...never been an X fan o.. make d guy go siddon sumwhre jare.. :p

Hpe ure ayt!

kay-shawn said...

A lot of my guys would like to know how you would tell a guy 'toasting' you to scram without actually telling him. Catch my drift? Please let us know on my blog. Thanks

Nine said...

As it so happens,I have came across an article I think you might find interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/opinion/06dowd.html?ex=1216267200&en=25aae3e26b10c1ef&ei=5070&emc=eta1

Do make up your mind quickly though.Few things piss guys off as much as getting the impression they are backups for if the main guy fucks up.That pisses girls off too,come to think of it.

Chari said...

mehn babe I no know wetin I go wan talk o...FFF don steal ma mouth...

ejura said...

Ain't easy making a decision like this but I'm thinking this is where discipline comes into it. You choose to be with someone inspite of the other fishes in the sea and trust me, there are plenty another good fish and close yr eyes to the others.
May God guide you. Long time. How's it been with u?

Ms. emmotions said...

u are hotttt!!!!!!

btw, how are doing gal?

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Haha
Your life is quite interesting!!

Buttercup said...

@ the romance challenge..awwww thats a new one! cute...

lol @ X!

eeya, just give O a lil more time, who knows, hes probably not talkin bout marriage yet for the fear of being rejected..

BlogVille Idol said...

Hello ,its me once again remindng you that the blogville idol contestants 08 have sung their OLDIES jams!!!this session in on FIRE!!..Pls go over to the page listen to the contestants and then VOTE!!!dont forget to drop us a kind comment!tanx

LG said...

nwannem nwanyi, kedu maka o'lu ???? O kwa nu????

Zayzee said...

i have missed your guys! When will I catch you on all? How r u doing?

Aphrodite said...

@mzdee, lol...
@kayshawn, i guess am so late already...
@nine, u are right, thanks.
@chari, for once, u no get anything to talk, incredible!
@ejura, thanks so so much for that advice babes.
@ms.emmotions, thanks babes
@NDQ, u think? Yours is too.
@buttercup, hmmm...food for thought....
@blogvilleidol, okido!
@lg, lol...olu di very tasking...
@uzezi, eh ya, pele...

tobenna said...

Now I'm getting so totally confused with all these alphabets:
K, O, BG, X, Aunty T......
I tire oh