CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Do I trust him or not...

I know I have been AWOL. I’m so sorry for that peeps. It was due to unavoidable circumstances,lol…
However, am back now so you can please stop missing me ,lol…(I wish...right?)

So what’s been happening? Any interesting drama lately? Did I miss any birthdays, weddings, naming ceremonies?

I hope not!

As far as I know Oluwadee and Florida’s D day never reach unless them don go behind my back reschedule the date so that I no go fit chop wedding cake,lol…

So to the main Koko for today.

Na wa o…gist scarce sha. I no even know wetin to yarn una my fine people and I no want start to formulate gist(I know some people dey do am for this obodo blogville,lol…)

Anyway make I just dey yarn dey go. Gist must flow abi….?

First of all, I have a crazy midnite stalker o!

I have complained on this blog sometime ago that someone was always flashing me in the wee hours of the morning. Then I suspected K but now am not sure anymore o…If it is really K, then the guy must be in dire need of a psychiatrist counseling abi how else will you explain someone who stays up at night when im mates dey sleep just to be flashing another person’s child with unknown number. Sometimes the idiot really calls and when he/she finally succeeds in ruining my beauty sleep, they refuse to speak, Sometimes I can actually hear the ewu mmee breathing sef….Shiou!!!
Last night the jobless mofo called again and when I answered the phone and he/she did the annoying silence thingy. I simply said “Who is this stupid freak that calls people at night without talking?” I knew the idiot could hear me so he/she probably got the message. Rubbish concobility!

Abeg make I give una better gist jare…

O and I almost broke up last weekend o…

Wetin happen?

Na me find trouble sha…as inyanga dey sleep jejely and i no let am rest,lol…

But somehow sha am kinda glad I did…

So O came around last Sunday to visit and we hung out at one isi-ewu joint like dat. After enjoying a hot plate of nkwobi(I don’t know what its called in English abeg). We sha left the joint and headed back home. Got home and me I felt like not leaving him so quickly so we chilled in the car listening to some cool jams on the stereo.

Okay so he just bought this cute blackberry phone and am like let me admire your phone jare, you know see the functions and all. You know as man pikin no get blackberry, I can still admire abi?lol…

So I was admiring phone o and pressing keys o when I now stumbled on Message Inbox. The temptation to click was just too much abeg. I resisted o, really I did but the flesh was weak,lol…

So I clicked and the first message I see just cause katakata for my brain

“Am sorry baby, please we are in the house of God, let’s not quarrel, I love you”


Jesus!

I glanced to look at O. His head was flung back against the chair head-rest and his eyes were closed. He was obviously into the music blaring from the speakers and was oblivious to what I was doing.

So I continued, albeit stylishly sha before them catch me now,lol…

I checked the date on the text.

It read 12-7-08.
That day was 13th so 12th was the previous day.

But I was with him the whole of yesterday I thought. Then I remembered he didn’t come to pick me up for our date till afternoon. He had told me he had some office duties to attend to that morning so he would be coming late to see me.

Hmmm…so na where this man come go? I wondered. And who be dis opeke wey dey send am text dey say I love you blab la bla…

I stylishly perused the next text messages while glancing at him occasionally to make sure he didn’t suspect what I was doing.

I saw another one o…

“I waited for you so we could get his present together but since you didn’t show up, I had to go on…”

And another one…

“I sent some money to mum and told her it was from you. She was very happy”

By this time, my eyes were seeing reeeeeeeeeeddddd!!!!
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing at all.
Who was this babe and what was between her and O?!!

I needed to find out.
I needed to read more but not illegitimately so I closed the messages and gave the phone back to O. He was singing the song playing on the stereo to me but no be dat one dey worry me by then. I was so disappointed!

Before I go on, I must admit that I am no saint myself. Afterall, you all know some of my kuru-kere moves with X abi? But even then, I have never hid the fact that I was having contact with X from O. O knew very well that X was making efforts to win me back. He also knew about K, B.G and others and knew very well that he was the only one I was dating and doing intimate stuff with. The others are just wannabe boyfriends!

So back to my gist.

I gave the phone back to X while thoughts on how he was going to give the phone back to me to read his text messages himself was going through my mind.

I can be a manipulator o…don’t try me,lol…

So I started talking about how open I have been with him in this relationship and how I wanted him to be open to me too. I asked him if there was any girl in his life who he has never told me about. He replied that except for his ex who was trying desperately to come back with him, there was no other girl and I was the only one. Then I asked if he was encouraging her in any way and he replied that he wasn’t. If anything, he was impressing it on her that he was in love with someone else now and they were over.

Then I went on to talk about how trust is very important for a relationship to work…about how I need to trust him and how he needs to trust me. He agreed with me. Then I said one way to establish the trust would be for us to exchange our handsets that very minute and go through each other’s message inbox. It would help us to know exactly what is going on in each other’s lives. I knew I had a lot of crazy text messages in my inbox. Messages professing love from X, K , B.G, Bobo nice and co…but I also knew they were just that-messages professing love, nothing more and I was ready for him to read them!

O was reluctant. He didn’t buy the idea at all but I was insistent. I told him that this was a test of our love and if he didn’t hand over his phone, I’ll know he has a lot of skeletons in his cupboard and I won’t be able to trust him again even if he gave me the phone at a later date. When he saw there was no getting out, he handed over his phone and collected mine but not before he said: “I don’t know why you insist on this but I have a feeling, this won’t end well” I smiled. I already knew it wouldn’t!

Meeen this post don over long o…but why do I know you guys will have my head if I stop here and post part two next week ,lol…

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!

LOL…am not going to try it before una go swear for me…

So continuing my gist

But I don tire na…una no dey tire for gist sef?lol...

Okay, okay…

So we exchanged phones. Now I had every right under the sky to read and peruse the texts as I liked. He had given it to me himself!

I opened his inbox and he opened mine.

We were both reading at the same time and exclaiming at the same time too.

Me: (Reading out loud)I love you! Who is this telling you I love you?

Him: Hmmm…that’s my ex. I told you she was coming on strong, didn’t I?

Him: (Reading out loud) Baby make me the happiest man on earth and I will love you forever…Aphrodite, who is this person and what does he mean by this?

Me: It’s K and he means he wants me to agree for him now…

On and on. We kept reading, asking questions and answering questions.

He had more questions to answer than me though.

There were lots of explanations he needed to make. For instance, where did he go Saturday morning? God’s house? Church? With who? Who was the girl who was apologizing? Who wanted to pick a card with him?

Questions, Questions , Questions. I needed answers.

He started explaining.

He was on his way to the office when a pastor friend who was a mutual friend of his and his ex called to remind him that that day was his birthday and he was having a special service and he(O) had to be there unless he(pastor) would not be happy with him. He had promised him that he would make it so he had to head there from the office, spent some time briefly before he came to see me. He and his ex almost had issues in the church when she was trying to give the impression that they were still an item which was why she was apologizing at a point.

I was disappointed and I told him so. How come he conveniently left out the fact that he had gone for a pastor’s birthday service with his ex when he came late to see me?

There were some other notable text messages from the same girl.

“Thanks for giving me the time of my life. I love you so very much”

I read this one and screamed: "TIME OF HER LIFE??? So you’re still going out with her? Where did you take her to that she is thanking you for giving her the time of her life?"

He was like, she was thanking him for the time they were together while they were still dating.

I dint know what to make of his response but i read on...

“I am talking to some agents for the house as per the specifications. It just pains me that after all these wahala, it’s another woman that will be enjoying it not me”

Okay for this one. I know O has been house hunting for a while now. He still stays at his family house since his dad is late and he is the first son but he wants his own place now even though his mum doesn’t want this.

But how come this girl is house hunting for him too? Which kain ex-friendship be this one now?

He explained sha that before they broke up. They were house hunting and talking to house agents together and that some of the agents still contact her thinking they are still together and all which was why she sent that text.

Anyhooo, to cut the long matter short.

I was so so pissed that I told him it was over between us and that he should get back with his ex since they were still so chummy and all(I no mean am o,lol…)

But then he pleaded and pleaded. He said she just seemed so helpless and miserable which was why he was trying to be nice with her. I insisted that he had to cut all ties with the girl if he wanted us to continue the relationship and he promised to do so.

I almost requested that he gave me the girl’s number so I could call her and ask her to stay away from my man just incase he wasn’t telling her the truth about the whole situation but then again, I decided against that. It was his mess to clean up, not mine.

So as at now, we are still together but i don't know whether i believe all he told me and if I say I trust him one hundred percent now, I'd be lying.

Na wa for man wahala jare!

Am out.

33 comments:

LG said...

1st
lover gal welcome back, lollll

bumight said...

*sigh* trouble go sleep true true, yanga go wake am.

LG said...

oya bring ya ear come make i 'draw' am,
havent u heard only a woman looking 4 trouble goes thru her man's 4one messages???

Aphrodite said...

@lg, thanks babes. No mind my curiousity o,lol...somehow am glad i read the messages tho. No need deluding myself u know...

@bumight, no mind yanga jare,lol...

Unknown said...

It's good that you know the real score now. So you can be on your guard and tackle any issues as necessary. Men and exes are a dangerous mix. They don't handle it as well as we do. So proceed cautiously and good luck.

Afrobabe said...

lol...

I have been in that same situation, mine was different, saw a love text from his ex, textx sent a yr ago, why the fuck was it being saved???
anyway i demanded an explanation but he demanded my phone...needless to say the skeletons on my phone reach one million...And I ended up being the one begging for forgiveness...

No find trouble again oh...

Buttercup said...

um....is it me or did he skillfully come up wit the perfect explanations? if he was guilt-free, he wud have given u his phone without hesitatin, abi? u knew u had all them texts from ur various 'suitors' but u still gave him ur phone without thinkin bout it.

i hope im wrong o...

hope u r fine sha?

kay-shawn said...

I couldn't agree more with Naijalines. Guys and exes are a dangerous mix. I'm having a 'textual' intercourse with one right now. I can imagine what will happen if her current BF decides to check her fone tonight. A word of advice to everyone, delete dodgy text messages from your fones as soon as possible.
Ah, dats ma fone. Gat to go.
Thanx for swinging by my blog. Next time please drop a cheesy pick-up line in the comment box.

Chari said...

wow mehn...babe u too get drama...


I have learnt something over time...NOTHING is ever as it seems on a guy's phone....NEVER...babe I know ur reaction is normal...buh that last text u read out to us is jus the koko of the matter...

o yeah and one more thing...u r an ODE...always check the sent messages...SENT...sent...inbox can always be explained away I dnt knw y u dnt understand that!

Shish!

Chari said...

@ buttercup...he didnt give her the phone because he knew she would OVERREACT!!!...which she did!

Mz. Dee said...

like LG.. welcome backkkkkkk!!!

Hmm.. i sha fink u trust him o...his xplanations seem quite reasonable to me. Ive seen worse with sum guyz and gotten stupider explanations.

Glad ure backkkk!

Mz. Dee said...

lolz @ chari & buttercup

Tairebabs said...

hummm... O's explanations plenty o! sounds like me when am lying. Anyway thread with caution sha. The truth is if my current bf should steal my phone and read, he would just go blind! Was tempted to read his messages once but changed my mind at the last minute..didnt want headache. Maybe I will steal it later today and read self.

Buttercup said...

@ mz. dee..dnt mind chari o!

@ chari..im assumin u r defendin ur gender, cos i dnt think she OVERREACTED..im just tryna put my myself in her position, i'd totally hav reacted the same way, if nt worse..

weneva my older sis checkd her ex fiancé's fone, she ALWAYS found somn there! they say wat u dnt knw wnt hurt u; bt i blv knowledge is power..

y hav i startd leavin long comments like this naa?

*walks away quickly b4 she says somn else*

Femi Adeyemi said...

Lol, atimes what we don't know won't hurt us so be careful on what you insist on.

o yeah and one more thing...u r an ODE...always check the sent messages...SENT...sent...inbox can always be explained away I dnt knw y u dnt understand that!' - chari seems an expert, lol.

have a good week, take good care.
PS: we appreciate the gists no matter how long, lol.

Afrobabe said...

@ chari...yeah I learnt that a long time ago....

O'Dee said...

u & O sha!!!!!!!

- It was his mess to clean up, not mine.
I like that, cos really its his mess n not urs.

Next time don't go looking 4 trouble, cos u might just find it.

archiwiz said...

Trouble trouble...Don't trouble trouble, unless you want trouble to trouble you.


Sha, I think he was telling the truth. And Chari was funny but its true...The sent messages tell more than the received.

ibiluv said...

na u find trouble......

but honestly if u are dating a good looking brother who is confident,has a job and is fun to be with.....what makes you think other babes no go chase am????

how else except by text messages???

even when u marry...there will alwayz be other women coveting ur man....i guess going thru his texts gives you an idea of what he does or doesnt do behind ur back....

but with the kinda people out there male and female and the stuff they can do...call u at odd hours,send u crazy ass texts,show up at ur home and office at odd tymes and unannounced......

the only person who knows if he/she is actually cheating is the person himself.....

we can only hope we get to date honest men..........

my advice to u-lay off his sms's......if for nothing to save urself from heart palpitations......

ShonaVixen said...

i so agree with Kay-Shawn..delete any dodgy texts!But curiosity is one thing I have and i even think i could give Detective Poirot a run for his money..lol..but sometimes i end up having to explain my own actions..LOL..Mr Man recently went through my phone, he couldnt find anything on it (i never save them messages..DELETE icon is my best friend!!)BUT when i went through his, explaination after explanation..LOL

Flourishing Florida said...

lol @ afro! na who send u message, am sure u were asking urself. it's well my sister.

aphrodite, 2 dey check text msgs na risky things o. u fit see d thing wey pass ur head, what then? am still chummy with my ex (bad business, if u ask me, but sometimes emotional ties r tougher 2 break up dan they appear).

am glad u guys worked it out there. as 4 ur late night flasher, i tire 4 dem eh. daz y i switch off my phone b4 sleeping.

meanwhile, am back & update.

Smaragd said...

and the love chronicles go on...

Aphro, ur life is def interesting. i dont blame u, i often make thesame mistake with blackberries, always end up with pple's texts...lol.

Chari, i learnt that too o.

listen to Mya's Case of the Ex!

princesa said...

Woah!
You know i broke up with my ex in the same circumstances except that in mine, i actually went through his sent messages.

However i concur with buttercup, knowledge is power abegi,lol!

Flourishing Florida said...

@ princesa: yes o. it's d sent messages dat matter most. cos he can't control wot someone choses 2 text him, but if he's replying in kind, na there one fit get mouth

mizchif said...

1st i have to agree with whoever said knowledge is power. I'm kinda like u in dat stylish gbeborun way, but d difference is i won't confront the guy, cuz me i'm a firm beliver in "ask me no questions and you will get no lies".
i'll just allow the guy to bury himself, because me i don't know how to act drama!

The genius is soooooo right about sent items. I can have up to 150msgs in my inbox @ a time, but only 10 outbox, because na outbox dey cobalize person, inbox can always be explained away, afterall, i cannot control what people type abi!

And i'm glad u didn't call up the babe, it really was meant for ur man to clean up!

BlogVille Idol said...

We are down to d final two on blogville idol!!pls head over to d page and listen to ABBie & Dammy battle it out!!!pls listen to them and vote..we also have some guest bloggers singing!!u wanna know who they are??why dont u run to d idol page now!!and pls dont forget to leave us a kind comment!!

NikkiSab said...

If u cant do d code of silence after committing lookery, den dont commit lookery. Well make i no lie, I de look thru my man fone. But i apply d code of silence except wen d issue na extreme case. ..lol
Aphro ur post loooonnnggggg. I had to read, go on break and resume...hehehe

Sasuke said...

na wha 4 you madam! you wan go put hand inside tortoise yansh? you are not being fair to O.he has his own women issues the same way you have yours.Abeg wetin black woman no know no dey kill am oh!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ah, going through phone messages always causes wahala. He hasn't given you cause to fret other than those messages and being late for the date shebi?

Hope all goes well though.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I have learned one thing from this post: DELETE ALL RISQUE TEXT MESSAGES. Thank you
*Looking for cell phone*

Aphrodite said...

@everyone, lol....
Thanks for ur comments!

NaijaBabe said...

Aww...he needs to be assertive with her o and so should u with him...(well you are anyway) or else...cunnignly...shit might happen o

Miss Diva ! said...

Yes, I know.. Im almost a year late! but just incase this type of thing happens again and for the other readers who are going through this.. PLEASE DONT CALL THE GIRL UNLESS YOUR 100% SURE SHE IS THE ONE CHASING THE GUY ! i've seen this happen to a girl and she ended up embarassed cause the guy was the one after that other girl !