CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Tumbo, Tumbo

I am still here. I haven’t relocated to Mars yet or is it Venus since am the girl in search of love, that should be the planet for me…don’t you think? lol.

Anyway, it’s been a while. I have been caught up in los of stuffs but I just had to find the time to update my blog. This blogging thing is not as easy as I thought initially but don’t worry guys, I aint giving up yet.

So O and I are still cool just that recently am discovering each day that if I have to pitch my tent with him for life, I have to be ready to accept the fact that I won’t be getting pampered the way I like. With O, I am the one that has to do the pampering. He always needs some sort of reassurance that I truly care for him. I have told him to stop being insecure but I don’t blame him too much, dude knows that there are lots of other guys hanging around and ready to take over his position if he f…ks up.

I care about him. I am sure of that but I also know I want a man who will dote on me and worry himself to death if I even as much as have the slightest of headaches. That’s K for you but unfortunately I don’t love K like he does me. Too bad.

Talking about Mr. X. He has really been outdoing himself these days. Calling regularly to check up on me, bringing me lunch at work (remember I told you his office is opposite mine) and some other loving stuffs. He says he is not giving up till I forget what happened and give him another chance.

Now to what happened that led to our breakup…I have shared this with my mum and a few close friends and most of them believe that what happened wasn’t enough for me to break up with X.
Actually, what happened is this-I had found out he had something with this other girl. He denied it but I found out that he was lying to me. I called the girl under the guise of being X’s sister and she opened up to me. When I confronted X with my discovery, he insisted that she wasn’t anything serious but then I didn’t trust him anymore so I ended the relationship. I must say this, I am a very jealous lover. I cant stand to share my man with anybody. If I am being faithful to you, I demand that same loyalty from you, finito.

A few days ago, I was discussing X’s comeback with an older male friend of mine and he said to me that sometimes people lie to those they love because they are either scared of hurting them or losing them. He went on to tell me that X may have lied about what happened then cos he was scared of how I would react.
Anyway, the long and short of the matter here is that most peole I have talked to believe that X is a perfect match for me-he is catholic, Ibo and loves me- three necessary criteria for my parent’s approval. Unfortunately O is not catholic, he is from Edo (although he can be said to be part-ibo cos his mum is Ibo) and I feel he loves me but I still see my folks giving me a hard time over him.

More gists o…

I spoke to O’s mum over the phone. We were talking; O and I when he suddenly told me that someone wanted to speak to me. I didn’t expect that it would be his mother. She sounded very nice and warm, said she had heard a lot about me, asked about my family and told me that her younger sister’s husband was from my place. Before she dropped the line she said I should take care of O very well. I replied that it was his duty to take care of me to which her response was that she was sure he was already doing that.
I don’t know but her saying that to me seems like she really approves of the relationship between me and her son or what do you think guys?

And O told me that she wants to meet me.

I don’t know if I should meet her. Isn’t it too early especially with this new developments with X?

Something very funny happened recently.
My mum called me and expressed her concerns over the fact that I haven’t ‘brought the man home finally’. She felt that I was getting confused so she had come up with this brilliant idea (according to her). I was supposed to give her the names of all the guys proposing to me which I did. She wrote out their names on little pieces of paper and folded them then she asked me to pick one of the tiny folded pieces of paper.
It was ridiculous, you know picking my husband out like that, but I went ahead with it just to humour her.
Guess what…I picked Mr. X’s name!
My mum happily announced prophetically to me that X was my destined husband and the sooner I realized it the better.
I don’t agree with the way she went about it-the inny minny maany mo style(tumbo, tumbo) and I’ll like to know what you all think.
That’s it for now guys.

Will do my blog rounds now.

24 comments:

LG said...

1st


lol@...a man who will dote on me and worry himself to death if I even as much as have the slightest of headaches.(but my sistah it dosent pay o)

O vs X, O vs X, O vs X
abeg, na only u sabi who love pass
abi?

i neva c u for my bunk *wink* hope all is well?

Aphrodite said...

@lg,
lol! You funny o
Will drop by asap.

Onome said...

hmmmmmmm na wa o..u dey enjoy ooo..only u how many suitors?? anyhooo just do a lot of thinking and go for d one dat makes u HAPPY...some prayers too would help..thanks for stopping by my blog;-)

princesa said...

Ol gal e don tey o
I see u still sizzling as usual.
Your mum's technique na wa o, mothers can be so much fun!

as per meeting O's mum. I dont think its too early, it may help you know him better and as u guys are thinkin of the future, it wont be a bad idea to know what ur in-laws are like.

Flourishing Florida said...

hmmmm

my dear, maybe u should just cool down & watch things evolve. wen we r 'crazy in love' we assume d very best awaits. Most times, we get dat. Some times, thing turn sour. Am not saying u should encourage X, or keep him as a 'back-up', but just keep ur fingers crossed. Right now, ur heart is with O. I'd say concentrate on him & hope 4 d best. nevertheless, keep an open mind abt X. Who knows

bumight said...

we as ladies always want someone to dote on us, but sometimes we have to do the doting. its not as bad as you think, and you might even enjoy it.

O sounds like a keeper. *pulling one ear* No playin X and O games o!

Zayzee said...

now u r beginning to flesh up the pix.

u r right. u need a man who will spoil u silly, pamper u and all, not an insecure guy who demands too much assurances.

and from this X thing, me i don dey like the guy oh. i will start praying for him and you. i dont care what impression O's mother has made, don't start getting sentimetal there. she might be sincere towards u, but she is not her son. u ve to look beyond and into the future and determine who u will be happy wt in the long run.

yes X fucked up. but then, u should know the depth of his feelings. im sure till date he regrets it. and should he get you back, he will be aware that he has to be careful and good else he loses u for good. that tumbo tumbo might just be it..


alright, the gist is this, u have been tagged. check my blog for the rules

Ms. emmotions said...

hmmmmm,
i know u will make up ur mind reall soon gal, real soon, but i need u to keep it open still,
if u ask me, the way u are going on about X, u may go back to him....well forget i said that dear

NikkiSab said...

Ur mom is funny lol!! Society n its push for grand children, she means well u know ba. So u gonna tell Mr X dat he was d winner of tumbo tumbo? i'm messin wit u gal

Afrobabe said...

tumbo tumbo keh...marriage matter no be tumbo tumbo oh...cos u cant toss him back into the box once u say I do...

Take time and choose the most pamper prone one...

Jay said...

All these men just for one girl...i am jealous. Choose well hun. xxx


You've been tagged!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

My first time here, and I like it. Very honest and interesting.

Anyhoo, whoever you be with, should be someone who makes u happy and loves u the way u need to be loved. Dont settle.

But if you like Mr.O, you can train him!lol. I firmly believe it.

Aphrodite said...

@lg, my sista it pays o. I need a man who will dote on me abeg. Marriage is a life time thing and i dont want a man who go take me play football.

@onome, thanks for that advice.I liked ur blog.

@princesa, i always look forward to ur comments girl. maybe i'll meet O's mum afterall.

@florida,, u've got a valid point too gal. Will keep and open mind and my fingers crossed as well.

@bumight, yea, i agree. am trying to learn that.

@uzezi, longest time babes. You just expressed my feelings girl. Lets watch and see how things turn out. Whats up with the tagging thing? Will check it out.

@ms.emmotions, lol, i wont forget u said that babe:)

@nikkisab, i agree her approach was funny. i no blame am sha, its the mum thingy. tell X ke? I cant now.

@afrobabe, wise advice darling. No be tumbo tumbo affair.

@jarrai, dont be love. Its not the best, lots of confusion. Will drop by urs.

@nigeriandramaqueen, thanks for ur advice and for coming by. Will visit ur blog soon.

simplegal said...

LOL...this was a funny yet insightful post. Go with what your heart tells you (deep down inside)...don't tumbo tumbo so much that you end up with a man who will make you say "Had I known back then" in the future.

Thanks for welcoming me...first time reading your blog and I love it! At least I know who to come to for some love advice *wink*...I'm adding you to my blogroll oh!

simplegal said...

Oh, I almost forgot...You've been tagged! See my blog for details.

LG said...

just checking up on u gurl

*enjoy ur w'end*

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

awwwww. na wa ohhh na u biko. anyways u just enjoy the attention.

Femi Adeyemi said...

i've read through your posts and i'm thinking your blog title should read 'chronicles of a girl who's in love' and not 'chronicles of a girl in search of love'..

seems like you've already found love, and i'm praying its the one God has chosen for you..

seek his guidance as you move towards getting married..goodluck

PS:thanks for stopping by my blog..added u to my blogroll..

take good care

bighead said...

All those letters of the alphabet O, K, X... I say yu go for X; highest scrabble points. Or berra still keep searching for love cos if yu settle for one and find love this yur sweet blog will now end.

by the way sef, is the momsi-calling-babe the new scopes? One girl i like here was telling me how another guy did that to her. Abeg if it works let me know so I can start loading momsi's phone and supplying the numbers.

Afronuts said...

hmm...Na wah for ur Mum oh!

I'll just say a few words...
In order to get the right person, be the right person. Likes attract likes.

Ask not what ur guy can do for you, but what u can do for your guy...(thats after you've made ur choice)

Anonymous said...

u sound like me during my early years in college. u might not even end up with any of these guys. do u know that? went thru ur profile and it seems u don't give urself enough time btw relationships.

the fact that u picked X's name is just a matter of coincidence in my opinion and obviously, O is not meeting with ur expectations. why not give urself time to just be with urself, u know? just you reconnecting with you and figuring out y these relationships are the way they are?

Aphrodite said...

@simplegal,thanks for ur advice and for adding me on ur blogroll.
Tagged again? How i want do now? Will check out ur blog darling.

@lg, thanks babes. Hope urs was cool.

@lighty thanks.

@the genius within, thanks thanks thanks. have i found love really? I dunno yet o.

@bighead, ha ha haha hah a
What a funny comment! E be like say dat na the new scopes o,you gat to try it.

@lolu, thanks for the advice.Lots of wisdom in it sha.

@iwalewa, maybe you have a point there. But i cant end things with O, he makes me happy.

Smaragd said...

UR MOM DID WHAT?!!!!rotflmao

this one pass me o, and i read this post after reading the post on how u feel about O, so i'm biased now.

Lady said...

BUHAHAHAHHHHA..I LIKE UR MUM MEHNNN..THATS EXACTLY HOW I SELECTED MY UNI!!!!!!!!!!!BUHAHAHHAHHA..AND USUALLY HOW I DECIDE FOR FOOD I WANT TO EAT.......BUT ERM WHO TO MARRY???BUAHAHHHHHHA THATS DEEP MEHNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!LOLOLOLOOL
P.S:XOXO