CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When you are in love…
You want to be with that person,
Talk to him all the time
Hear him say all the sweet nothings to you
Give all you got to make him happy
Cup his chin, plant your lips on his and kiss him till God’s kingdom comes (lol)
You want to wrap your arms around him in public and let the world know that he is yours.

I want to do all the above and more with O
So can I say am in love ?

Thing is, I get confused at times.

Like, am I really sure what I feel is Love?
Am I crazy about him cos of his height?
Or his huge biceps and the fact that he can lift me up effortlessly?
Or cos of his sweet shy smile?
Or the way he calls my name that makes my heart beat faster?

How do I know am not just infatuated?
And that this feeling I feel for him will not fade away soon?

How can I be sure he truly loves me?
And will never let me down…
leave me or break my heart?

Sometimes I wonder if he really cares.
If he sincerely means what his mouth professes.

I am scared cos I don’t want to end up heart broken.
So I hold on…
I hold on to a part of my heart
Not fully letting go
Vulnerability is not my style
I hate the feeling of helplessness I feel sometimes
The feeling that someone’s got a hold over your emotions
And can make you very happy
And extremely sad at the same time.

I think about him every idle moment
And can’t help but wonder if he thinks about me too
Or only does so when am around him
And when am not, does he conveniently leaves me out of his mind?

A girl needs some reassurance…
I need to be assured.


...............................................................................................................................................

APHRODITE'S SIX QUIRKY THINGS

I was tagged to do this post by uzezi, jarrai and simplegal.

I love to sleep especially when am depressed. Somehow things seem better when I wake up.

Unlike other people who probably take their bath before retiring for the night, I prefer to sleep than wake up in the middle of the night like 1am to take my bath before going back to bed for the second round of sleep

I collect odd things like nylon bags, empty tins, used bottles and other funny stuff. My mum thinks it’s crazy, maybe it is.

I am most comfortable in my underwear. When I come back home, the first thing I do is to undress. Nothing makes me happier than lounging in my panties and bra.

I love to think in the bathroom. When I have something very serious to figure out, I find it easier to do while bathing. Maybe the water pouring down my head helps me think more clearly

I love eating at odd times, like waking up in the middle of the night for some cereal or biscuits. I know its really bad and am trying to stop.’

That’s it…Six finally!


I tag anyone who wants to be tagged.

17 comments:

tobenna said...

What you feel, Aphrodite, is love.
Sometimes, its better to fail in love than to never fall in love.
Give it your all as far as the guy is giving you his all.
My personal thoughts.

LG said...

lol@no.3- where do u store dem?
lol@no.5- hope its hot water, lol!!!
lol@no.6- me too, esp sweets


*Mrs O, lol!!!! be assured, norrin dey happen*

Aphrodite said...

@tobenna, thanks so much bro.
@lg, norrin dey happen jare.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

I share the last quirk with you. I'm yet to be convinced that eating in the middle of the night is bad. I've been doing that since when I was young.

And then you called my writeup "pure genius". Thank you. I feel flattered, especially getting such a comment from a better writer.

How are you?

Smaragd said...

Aphrodite, pls allow urself to enjoy what u are feeling k? i'm not an expert on love (not even sure i know what it is), but it sounds to me like u have deep feelings for O.

everything in life is a Risk, so dont be afraid. if u start qusetioning things, u'll get insecure and that doesnt bode well.

just coast along wiv the beautiful thing u just described, i envy u that right now.

Flourishing Florida said...

my dear, am not an authority n wot is love & wot isn't. am just as confused as u r. d marriage course am attending says 'FAITH, HOPE & LOVE'. have faith n wot u r doing is God's will. have hope that it will only get better. love ur partner & do good things 4 him

nna mehn, did u say u collect nylon bags & gini? na wa o

Anonymous said...

Always used to wonder why women needed reassurances about love and relationships when i think its pretty obvious they are loved. I still wander but right now i just obey and reassure, its so much better than tearful pleas.

NikkiSab said...

I cant wait to be in my undies after work, sometimes I cook in just my panties on (its a freeing experience).
At home my family call me trash collector cos i collect all kinds of tins, containers, perf bottles, cards, old clothes etc - but i dont care; de are mine and I love it.

how u doing babe? wats up with d tumbo, tumbo?

Ms. emmotions said...

quirks quirks quirks

i see it everywhere these dayz

soupasexy said...

gosh i want some love too dammit..lol..girl hold back small sha, guys are never to be trusted...i kid!

I collect odd things like nylon bags, empty tins, used bottles and other funny stuff. My mum thinks it’s crazy, maybe it is.
lol lol, yes o u don kolo..we dey carry u go yaba left..lmao!

Chari said...

You're in love baby...give it all you've got and don't hold back...I know the feeling...

I'll miss reading your blog dearie...

Jay said...

Hey girl

What you're feeling is ok and is normal....follow your heart and have faith in both you and him...it will be well.

I share quirk one with you...when i am slightly blue i hit the snooze button and the next day is brighter and better!!! works everytime.

How are you?

princesa said...

Nne take am easy o!
LOve dey sweet but it has to be mutual.
Give as good as you get, that's my motto.

Love ur blog!

bumight said...

someone is in looooooooooove!

Thirty + said...

All you have described shows you have a strong attraction towards O.

Aphrodite don't work yourself into a frenzy, take it one day at a time and please don't rush yourself abeg.

Honestly why are you stressing yourself and being scared.

Don't allow fear in your life, it is not your portion.

By the way Love casts out fear, fear and love are not the same thing.

Aphrodite said...

@everyone, thanks for all ur advice. Hugs.

Mz. Dee said...

I sleep wen i'm depressed tooo!! Anyfin dat has to do with being sad or sumn.. i just sleep!