CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Me...Madam Mushy

Okay so I didn’t plan to spend the night in the arms of O. It just happened.

We had not been talking.
It had taken all the will power I had in me to stop myself from calling him all this while.
He had been sending all those texts that made me wonder if he really missed me as he claimed…I mean...what stopped him from calling?

Anyway Monday afternoon(the day before my birthday), I couldn’t hold out any longer. I missed him terribly and wanted us to see and talk so I sent this message.

“Hey what’s up? Can we see this evening?’

He replied shortly.
“Yes we can. I’ll be right over as soon as am through in the office”
So I got home from work and waited.
Soon enough, he arrived all smiles as if we never had any issues.
I kept a straight face sha, we had issues and they needed sorting out!

So we went to this hangout. Nice place. Poolside and music. Really romantic.
We talked.
About a lot of stuff. Random stuff. How have you been and all….
He asked about my birthday and how I intended to spend it. I didn’t have any plans to celebrate, I told him.
Then he told me he had missed me so much and the past days had been pure hell. Each time he picked up his phone to call, he had to drop it right back cos he didn’t know what to say to me. He knew exactly what I wanted to hear-“Baby let’s get married immediately!” but he really needed time, a few months to sort some things out.

I was like…. I wasn’t asking for marriage immediately o! I just needed to define where we were headed. What you wanted from me and all…

He said, okay so we are on the same page then. Why did we have to put ourselves through all that emotional turmoil? I really want to marry you aphro…all am asking for is some time.

I was silent.

Soon we drifted off to some other random stuffs. It felt so good to be in his company again, laughing at silly jokes like old times.

Time to leave came sooner than I wanted but we had to go, it was getting late. There were no plans to spend the night together as at then yet.

He was dropping me off in front of my house. We said our good nights and I made to get down when he pulled me back and claimed my mouth with his.

It was a mind blowing kiss!

“Baby, can we spend this night together? I just want to wake up next to you on your birthday” he pleaded.
“No way hosey! We still got unresolved issues. Sex will just complicate things right now”
“Who is talking about Sex? I just want to be with you baby. Hold you in my arms all night. I have really missed you so much”
I laughed.
“He he he he he…you hold me in your arms all night? Why does that sound so unbelievable?”
“Let me prove it to you. nothing is going to happen dear”
“No way…NO WAY! Just go home okay? It’s getting late already”
I got down from the car.
He got down too and came over to my side.
“Pleaseeeeeeeeeee babyyyyyyyyy”
“Nooooooooooooooooo…”
I looked at his face. I guess that was my undoing. He had this sad, lost puppy look on his face that melted my heart. What da heck! I also wanted to be with him so damn the torpedoes!
“Okay, okay, lemme get my stuff”

I didn’t regret spending the night with him.
He popped a bottle of wine at midnight and toasted to me. It was lovely.
Some other things went down too,lol…
Yes, he didn’t keep his promise....
Okay I admit, he did try but na me no let am,lol…
Anh…anh don’t blame me jooo…
Since that last time, nothing…nothing and we’ve only done it that once o! We dey try abi?lol….

And he also apologized formally.
I was standing in front of the mirror brushing my hair when he hugged me from behind.
“I know I have been an ass lately love. I am so sorry. Forgive me baby…”

I smiled. I had already forgiven him. If I hadn’t I wouldn’t be in that hotel room with him.

Okay so I subscribe to this daily horoscope reading thing. This morning in my mail, I saw this.

My Romantic horoscope reading for today:

“How unrealistic are your goals when it comes to love? Do you think your lover will be a drop-dead gorgeous genius with the patience of a monk and the passion of a tango instructor, or are you cool with just dating a mere human? Time to reassess reality.”

I was staring the hard stark truth in the face…sometimes these readings are right on point o!


You know what?
I'm smiling like a cat that just drank a big bowl of milk right now.
Here's why...

O and his elder sister just left my office now. She sells stuff as in jewellry, clothes and perfumes and he brought her so I could pick what I wanted from her stock.
It wasn't just the fact that he wanted me to pick something from her that tripped me. It was the fact that HE LEFT WORK! If you know how tight it is for this bobo to leave office eh? You go understand wetin I mean.
Anyway, his sister's stuffs were expensive o...
I didn't want to be greedy and just took a bottle of perfume (Jennifer Lopez-Live) and a watch although his sis was urging me to take more.
I was like "We don't want to finish our money o"lol...
Even at that, the stuff I took came to about 25K.
In my mind, I was like E no go better say them give me the money cash?
He He he He...No mind my Ijebu traits,lol...

Haa...i just received a text from O now on my phone.
I'll share it with you guys.
"Aphro.....I can call ur name all day and night and it wouldn't be able to convey the depth of my love for you. You are the music of my life. Shall we dance?"

The bobo dey impress me sha...

Abeg make una leave me o...

I be Madam Mushy today, lol...

52 comments:

archiwiz said...

Fiiiirrsstt!!!

archiwiz said...

Who wan try enhh??? Na me be Number 1...Numero Uno! I carry first!!!!


Now I would like to thank all those that made this possible...LOL...LOL...LOL...Ok I'll stop gloating...

archiwiz said...

Or will I?


:)

archiwiz said...

1st three!!! Only me!

Take that! Shubby Doo and Afrobabe!!! :)


*picks race to read*

Aphrodite said...

@archiwiz,lol...
you know i was actually still proof reading when i saw 3 comments.
You dey wait for my doormouth for me to post ke?!

Oya wear the crowwn abeg...

doll (retired blogger) said...

6th

Unknown said...

Ah...na wa o. Peopu don boku here finish!

Flourishing Florida said...

hmmmmm

*sighing very deeply*

two things i've discovered n life:

1. no matter how brilliant & well-intentioned an advise is, it only makes a difference if it's acted upon

2. no matter how good an advise i, d giver is not n dat situation & thus cannot know it best

on these i rest my case. aphrodite love, i wish u all d happiness. i may not be happy with dis post, but u r still my girl & i've got ur back no matter what!

doll (retired blogger) said...

You are definitely on a roller coaster ride; I hope it works out sha. All the best and happy birthday once again.

I was 2nd afterall, LOL . 2nd!!! 2nd!!! 2nd!!! Archiwiz stop spamming

Aphrodite said...

@naijalines, na wa o...lol...
@florida, thanks babes for having my back. Just be happy for me okay? Love ya!
@doll, sweetie mi.Thanks loads and yea you are technically second.
oya wear the smaller crown,lol...

Unknown said...

Hehehe, Madam Mushy I hear you o. Life no be dress rehearsal jare. Make u enjoy!

zara (my alter ego) said...

awwwww.... ok now thats romance..ecstatic for u..

Aphrodite said...

@naijalines, thanks babes.You know say u be my person...
@zara,thanks sweets.

bumight said...

this is really sweet.
I'm under the impression that O was beginning to feel pressurized to marry you. please dont put pressure on him o!

This was some nice romantic sturvs!

Buttercup said...

awwwww..damn, u've got it bad for this guy o, like seriously!

i hope he doesnt mess up, u know we at blogville have got diff skills n we can 'take care' of him if the need arises! LOL..

OMG i looooooooooooooooooooove J LO's 'Live'!

awwww that was such a cute sms!

all the best!

Afrobabe said...

Hmmm Miss mushy….cool..glad things are working out…You are so lucky that you can spend a night with a man..My people for follow me with matchet, which was one of the reasons I haven’t relocated…


one will always follow their heart, that is why I try not to ask for advice, I usually dont follow it anyway....

All the best love..

Aphrodite said...

@bumtight, i have decided no more pressure.
@buttercup, thanks babes. God forbid he fucks up but if he does, i know where to holla,lol...
@afro, lol...i understand babes. my Papa and Mama no dey house which was why i was able to pull that off. If now, no be only matchete them go take pursue me,lol...
Its good tho, they help keep us in check.

Ms.O said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! I told u I was always team O. He just needed time like most guys to figure out what he really wanted.. am happy your happy babes...Just be cautious at all times. Loves ya!!..:)

Lady said...

SEE I KNEW HE CARED!!!! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH BUMIGHT...i think he was only redrawing because he felt pressured...THOT U WANTED TO GET MARRIED RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!
i always rooted for O mehnnn....U CARE ABOUT THIS GUY SOOOOOOOOO MUCH......*tear drop*...THat was such a cute read!!!!!!!!!!
p.s:XOXO

Simi Speaks said...

aww. Happy B'day love..

as par O, am still not sold!

Dont mind me jo. Bask in all the attention! :-)

Rita said...

Hmmm Aphrodite, this post was romantic from beginning to end... me sef I forget whether you had issues with O.

So happy you had a beautiful birthday.

O is really performing. What kind of prayer have you been praying???

Rita said...

Thanks for dropping by my blogs...

Rebirth said...

awww....... i could feel the love from reading. i wish u all d best and happiness u deserve.....
bet that was one of the best bdays.....

ShonaVixen said...

Happy belated birthday hon!!!Us VIRGOS rock!!!!
Hon, i wish you the best and many more...hope it all works out!xoxo

Vera Ezimora said...

Look @ all the labels that this one post has sef. Goodness!

Nne, nawa o.

Well...what can I say?

Archiwiz, get a hold of yourself, woman!

Jay said...

All the best girl..i hope it works for u and o xxx

Anonymous said...

You love this guy way more than he loves you. and worst part is that he knows that. i just pray he doesn`t capitalise on that to cause you sorrows.

At times you have to follow your head instead of your heart.

Ms. emmotions said...

norring do u at all gal,

happy for u too and pray things work out just how u want it!

Mommy said...

huh...when did you publish this post again? men...bloggers like tory ehn (lol)

princesa said...

Love u nwantinti!
Me sef go love oooo!

Carry go jare!

I no mind that JLO perf o

princesa said...

Babes i hope u rae coming for the SBR o!
No excuses, see details on my blog.

badderchic said...

psheeeew! lol

mushy o!

Anonymous said...

Ok we go leave you as you talk ...

Just wondering doesn't O have his own place or why do you have to be going to hotel.

Keep baskinngg.....

Zayzee said...

sorry o, i still don't feel O at all, but because i luv u, and really need u to have the very happiness u deserve with a man u love, i will pray with you that it works out, so there won't be any more drama.

glad u had fun a lot. it's written all over the post and the love very evident. enjoy sweetheart, a good memory is better than no memory.

and i love free flow's comment.

Zayzee said...

am i carzy, did i just not wish u a happy belated birthday? yes. i am crazy. happy belated birthday dearie. craziness cured.

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Happy Belated Birthday

At least you had fireworks on your birthday lol

Glad that you and O worked out, I know you have doubts about him but sometimes we have to take a little risk in our lives if we to make big gains, so good luck.

but the only thing im not too keen on was this hotel room business. maybe im too much of a doubting thomas but I dont really trust guys who take u to a hotwel room rather than their apartmenst coz I always think whats he hiding in his closet. Dont get me wrong I so dig the romantic weekend away at a hotel room thingy.

doll (retired blogger) said...

@ the whole hotel thingy I deduce his place is not free, either he stays with his folks or he has a flat mate
Babes really since u r obviously sticking with O, set mr X free and concentrate fully on O, don’t go around weighing other options when things are not going too well cuz really no relationship is perfect, its 4d gd times and bad times. Also stay off d issue of marriage ok? Let it flow and be gd

O'Dee said...

lol! how did u expect to lay in his arms all night without doing "things"???

Am glad you guys are back on track.

Theres internet connection on the moon.

Anonymous said...

*sighs*

what can I say? I had always been pro-O from the very start all through...

all I can say is...WOMEN!!!

u for leave comot follow Bobo Nice na...*hiss...

mizchif said...

Awwwwwwwww! How mushy. It's allowed joo, be mushy all u want.

And i'm a fellow ijebuite like u, my sister, next time, find a very nice way to collect the money instead, i will show you where they see correct perfume for Balogun u hia!

Aphrodite said...

@ms.o, love ya too babes.
@lady koko, yea i think it was the pressure too...
@simi, thanks babes
@rita, lol...i havnt even gone on eth mountain yet,lol...
@funms, yea it was. Thank dear.
@shona, thanks babes...
@vera,lol...
@jarrai, i hope it does too. Thanks darl...
@anon, thanks for ur concern. I hope he doesnt capitalize on anything...
@ms.emmotion, thanks lovey. Amen to that prayer.
@mommy, abi o. Who doesnt like a good gist?
@princesa, lol...SBR? I go dey there live no worry. Will holla...
@badderchic,lol...
@anon, thanks for the question. O still stays in his family house and I didnt want to go there.
@uzezi, thanks sweets. lol@craziness cured.
@Miss DM, i wouldnt go with a guy to a hotel room if i knew he had a convenient acommodation. Its natural to have doubts in that case.
@doll, thanks for doing the explanation for me and u are right. He still stays with his mum but is looking for an apartment of his seriously. Thanks for the advice too. Very valid.
@oluwadee, lol...how is the honeymoon going?
@chari, wetin be ya own na?lol...
@mizchif,lol babes. Nothing do us abeg,lol...I so hate forming jare.

FineBoy Agbero said...

Hmmm... no comment on this O guy o. WHy? Bcos, u go come again next tym come tell us d bad bad thing wey him don do...
...and na dat tym i go say "i told u so!"

Smaragd said...

yes o madam mushy!

so O seems to be trying to win me to his side too right now, let's see if he can.lol

happy buffday in arrears babe, and pls rock ur perf and wristwatch jare, u deserve it.

ibiluv said...

awwwwwwww.........mush all u want

nurrin do u

so long as u are happy........

Red Sapphire said...

Hey madam mushy...i just got wind of ur blog and guess what the hair of my body stood when i read the post...i am a sucker for romance and this kinda stuff..still musing on ur nite with O.Don't know ur history yet but that event in itself made me seek for an instant gratification for romance..lol
Going to do a background check on u to c for real if O. is worth this my talk talk...

Semirah said...

mushyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy enough said!!!!

Little miss perfect said...

nice blog you've got here.

doll (retired blogger) said...

bn a while

LG said...

Nwanne, e'mere traful?????

Buttercup said...

hey madam mushy! just checkin on u!

Aphrodite said...

@fineboyagbero, which one be ur own now?So na so u like me reach eh?
@esmeralda, lets not be too fast to take sides now babes.
@ibiluv, abi...so long as am happy...thanks dearie
@red sapphire, so have you done the background check yet?
@naijababe, are u back?
@iamme, thanks
@doll, yes o. Will update now cos of u, LG and buttercup.
@LG, nwanne e mere m traful o,lol...
@buttercup, thanks for checking up on me. Hope u are good.

Miss Diva ! said...

As much as I am starting to dislike O, its moments like this that makes me want you with him ! im hoping for good things in d future.. I started all d way at d bottom.. fingers crossed