CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I dont see myself kissing him...na reason?

Hmmm…so I have been gone for a while. I am so sorry people. Had to make an emergency work-related trip but am back in Lasgidi now.
Princesa dearest, sorry I couldn’t make it to the SBR as promised. I hope I get to pick up my T-shirt really soon. Saw the pics, they were nice.
Nikki and Oluwadee, the vows have been exchanged now right? Wish you both a happy and blissful married life with the men you love. Very very soon we go join una, all the single babes/guys out there shout a big amen…AMEN!!!!

Ehen...So besides work, what has been happening to Aphrodite? That’s the question right?

Aphrodite has been good. Things with O have been pretty cool. Fineboyagbero sorry to disappoint you bro but it doesn’t look like I will come crying to you about O anytime soon if he keeps things up the way they are right now. He made me a promise to be more dedicated to our relationship. So far he has been trying sha. Giving me attention and all and you all know how much I crave attention,lol…

X is totally out of my life now. I hope.
Doll, bumight, Flo, am sure you are happy to hear this cos you guys have really been on my case to Fashi him totally.
How did I finally get rid of him? Well, I didn’t really do anything o…he kinda got rid of himself by himself,lol…
So the last time I saw him was the day after my birthday.
On my birthday he had sent me a text to wish me happy birthday. He couldn’t even call. He sent me a text! I got tons of text that day even old pals from school that I hadn’t heard from in years sent me a text! So what was the big deal? I didn’t expect just a text from him. I expected that he would have called at least even if he couldn’t send a card, gift or a cake after all he’s been claiming to love me abi?

Truth be told, he had visited me a few days before my birthday and brought up the Ghana trip issue. Remember I told you guys he had suggested taking me to Ghana for my birthday but I declined the offer. Going to Ghana with him would automatically mean that I had accepted him back cos we would have to share a room or something and you know now, something fit happen wey person no plan,lol…

Anyway so that day he came around before my birthday, he brought up the Ghana trip issue again and I declined again. Then he said fine, so how are we going to spend my birthday as in where do I want him to take me to here in Lagos. I was like I didn’t want to go anywhere. I just wanted a quiet birthday. No celebrations, nothing. He kept pressuring and I kept insisting I didn’t want to go anywhere. Finally he gave up.

But even though I had said I wanted a quiet birthday devoid of fanfare and all, does it stop him from sending a gift or cake now my people? That I didn’t want to celebrate didn’t mean I wasn’t going to accept gifts now. Anyway that was how he(X) didn’t even call on my birthday much less send a gift or try to see me. He merely sent a text.

So I still had a grouse with him when he walked into my office a day after my birthday smiling one kain big smile like dat. There was a half-cut cake on my table. Bobo Nice had sent it on my birthday and I had shared part of the cake amongst my colleagues in the office. X opened the cake box and exclaimed: “Hey! Cake…Nice!! So do we get a slice?”
I looked at him. The bobo no dey shame sef, he want chop cake when he no even fit call me wish me happy birthday. No be only cake he go chop, na KAKE! Looking him straight in the eye, I said: “So you want to eat the cake someone else sent? Which one did you bring along while coming abi you didn’t know my birthday was yesterday? Or you didn’t know that they use cake to celebrate birthdays?”
Harsh, I know. But I meant it to be.
The guy just stared at me speechless. He wasn’t expecting that from me.
After some moments, he replied: “But you don’t even know if I brought something for you and it is in the car” I was like “Okay so if it is in the car, go and bring it now…” He didn’t move an inch. I knew he hadn’t brought anything and was just trying to bluff.
Anyway, what I said to him touched him cos even when I offered him the cake, he refused to eat. Wetin be my own? Beg him to eat the cake? I no send anybody o!

He later explained that he felt hurt when I refused his proposal to take me out on my birthday and he assumed that I had plans to spend my birthday with someone else which was why he didn’t bother calling or coming around. He was right sha cos I did spend my birthday with O but then I still don't think that was enough reason for him not to at least call.

He stayed a while in my office and then left and since then I haven’t heard a word from him. He hasn’t called or dropped by. Me thinks he has finally advised himself. Good for him, if that’s the case. Yesterday as I was leaving for home in the evening, I saw him outside his office. I don’t know if he saw me and pretended not to but me I just did like I didn’t see him sha and went on my way.

So that is all on X for now.

On to Bobo Nice.
I told you guys he just got his own apartment abi? So last week he called me and begged that I help him get some stuff, you know house hold stuff and all that. He hasn’t got a girlfriend and couldn’t do it by him self. Being the good friend that I am now, I agreed to help him purchase the stuff so he sent the money across.
Last Saturday morning, I packed all the stuff I had bought down to his place. I was helping him set up his kitchen when his elder brother came in. We had met at the wedding of another brother of his some time back so he recognized me. We exchanged pleasantries and he went into the sitting room.
Later on while I was showing Bobo Nice how to operate some of the kitchen stuff, his brother joined us and was like I shouldn’t bother teaching Bobo Nice how to use the appliances, I should just pack my load and come and take my place in the house. We all laughed about it especially Bobo Nice. I wanted to say something like “No o…its not my place o cos Bobo Nice is not my boyfriend or husband” but I just decided to let things lie. From his comment tho, I could see that he (Bobo Nice’s brother) assumed that we were dating and to even worsen things, Bobo Nice kept calling me Baby in front of him. I didn’t know what he had told his bros about me but I made a mental note to discuss it with him later cos he was obviously giving the wrong impression. On impressions, it also occurred to me that anyone who walked in on us as I was busy arranging and setting up stuff in the house would automatically assume I was Bobo Nice’s girlfriend so maybe I was at fault too. Maybe I shouldnt have accepted to help him but it was too late to regret anyway.

I didn’t get to talk about it with him cos I had to leave in a hurry and he was with his brother. Later on that day, he sent me a text thanking me for the help and everything. In the text message he had also sent a recharge card pin number and asked that I credit my phone with it. It was more like a thank you gift. Also in the text message, he talked about how he would be the happiest man if only I would accept him as a life partner. I sent him a reply thanking him for the credit and I also said that as for marriage, I couldn’t consider it cos my heart is with someone else. His reply came shortly. He was finally accepting defeat but advised that I look well before leaping so I do not make a mistake.
I thanked him for the advise. Bobo Nice is a great guy. I do not doubt for a second that he would make a great husband but it’s just unfortunate that I don’t have feelings for him. Sometimes when we are together, I look at his lips and cannot imagine me kissing them. Don’t get me wrong, he doesn’t have ‘pomo’ lips or anything but I just don’t find them sexy. I love Kissing and I need to find the lips of the man am going to marry attractive, don’t you think so? LOL......

I have this aunt that thinks that am making a mistake by not accepting Bobo Nice as a husband. When she asked me what my reason for not wanting to marry him was and I replied “I don’t find his lips attractive”. She thought I was crazy,lol…according to her, there are important things to consider in marriage and the lips or dentition of guy doesn’t count as one. Her opinion sha. I still think, I need to be physically attracted to my man abeg. Like O for instance now, you won’t beg me to kiss him. I LOVE KISSING HIM!

Okay, so that’s it for Bobo Nice gist.

I have got work to get back to people. I know I have been slacking in visiting blogs, make una no vex, will try to remedy that.
See you around...Love you all plenty plenty!

35 comments:

Laughter said...

Am first o.....

Aphrodite said...

@laughter, yes we see u dear. Now go read!

Tigeress said...

We can't help who we love. These aunts can be funny. At least unlike my aunts she isnt tell you you to marry some1 u don't love and that the love will grow. its like warra-eff!!??

Follow your heart my dear......but use sense to o. Marraige can be a bed of roses, but remember- roses get thorns.

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Third!!!!!
am on a roll
Lemme go and read your long post Afro
and in the process probably get fired for laughing out loud.

bumight said...

I dont think I want you kissing bobo nice anyways.
Obviously you love attention, but I dont think you should expect it from both X and O.

Glad to know that X has exed himself!

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Afro glad things are working out between you and O
Its probably proof that sometimes we ought to throw caution to the wind and follow our hearts.
Now enough about B Nice and X update us on O, what have u two been up to in and out of the sheets lol.

LG said...

gegennn!!
O carry go jor'
norrin do u




*asan nwa, n'nor

archiwiz said...

6th!!!


I dey come.

miz-cynic said...

I LIKE THIS POST O COS I BE SOFO, SO ME I LIKE ATTENTION TOO LIKE U, SOMETIME THIS YEAR I HAD THT KINDA OF ATTENTION, MY EX WAS STAGING A COMEBACK AND A NEW TOASTER WAS TRYING HARD TO IMPRESS

Rita said...

Things have been happening...no wonder the silence...

I would have said the same thing concerning "So you want to eat the cake someone else sent?"

O is trying seriously...am so happy for you.

My sista, physical attraction is very important...no dispute.

ibiluv said...

so with u on if u dont find it attractive u wont enjoy kissing it.....

nurin do u dearie!!!!!!!!

NikkiSab said...

O is d one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U know my stand now....lol. How r u sweets?!!

Flourishing Florida said...

u just dey enjoy urself. thank God o, say O dey behave now.

Aphrodite said...

@tigeress, lol...lots of them say that. Love will grow. na dem sabi. Me i want my love now o.
@MissDM,am i dat funny? Didnt think so.
@bumight, why? Oh why did you say I shouldnt expect attention from O?@MissDM, lol...in and out of the sheets ke? Nothing has happened o! When do we get to see talkless of being naughty?
@LG, thanks sweets. E me la.
@archiwiz, okay o.

Laughter said...

Am happy that things are working between you and O, I hope he turns out to be the one... Loved the update about bobo nice, sad that the ones that loves us are the one we see fault in .....
Peace

Aphrodite said...

@miz-cynic, yarn us more tory o
@Rita, my person thank you for that comment jare
@ibiluv, norrin do u sef
@nikki,lol...u don return from moon already?
@flo,thank you ma. Me i no see the enjoyment o
@laughter, yes i pray he turns out to be the one too.

Rebirth said...

ur back!!! poor bobo Nice at least he let u be and didnt force u to change ur decision
lol @ cake drama.....
glad ur ok

ShonaVixen said...

lol @ u not feeling his lips!!!lol...reminds me of me...lol...
just glad O is doing well...may he keep on that path so us of Team O will be smiling too!!
Love u too hon xoxo

mizchif said...

My dear, who doesn't like attention.

But for real, u harsh gan, see what u told Mr X.

As for the kissing part, if i can't imagine myself kissing a guy, there rreally isn't any point.
Pls tell your aunty kissing is very IMPORTANTE!!!

FineBoy Agbero said...

Heyyyyyyy!!! Welcome backi o!
Hmmm... about O, i'll only eat my words in 2 months if everythin is still rosy! No worry, mah sista, i'm not dat pessimistic; just a little on my guard...

So my friend X is gone abi? Funny enuff, i'd have done d same thin he did o! Left u alone to enjoy d bday with some1 else; how considerate! Gave himself "brain" and left u jeje... Nice!

Bobo Nice... True, why u pass ur boundary na, go dey arrange tins for d house lyk him g/f? I agree with u on d kissin stuff sha: i can even have FREE sex with someone i cant kiss! Simple!

bumight said...

what I meant is that you shouldn't expect it from both of them.

Its like if O is the one, then soak up all the attention from him. If you dont want to date X, enjoy the attention If it comes, but don't expect/anticipate it, and dont let on to him that you're expecting it, cos he'll be thinking that you're just playing hard to get and would come round soon.

not that I'm teaching you to be a player or anything o! its just being more subtle.

Waffarian said...

First time on your blog. I had to read all your posts to catch up on all the drama and guys...

I have to say sincerly that it all sounds very complicated and confusing although I do understand that life can be like that sometimes.

However, from all the men, I would say that O is the only one I could relate to and his responses to you and everything around seemed quite normal compared to the other guys whose reactions and responses were just unbelievable.

In my opinion, I do not believe that 6 months is enough(and, everybody with im own oh)for anybody to make such a life changing decision. Although I do understand that you are at that point where you are able to think that way, and want a decision and I am sure many women relate to the way your feeling.

However, I guess I always believe in making decisions with clarity of mind. I just think all the drama around you might influence your decision.

And also, I really do not understand why everybody thinks its unusual for O to want some time. Everybody's personality is different. I know many people that will pick race if a guy proposes to them after only six months but I also know many women that will jump at marraige after 48 hours...haba! We all have different characters and some people may require more time than others.

Good luck dear, I really hope you find your one.

Smaragd said...

u for no vex for X o, why should u expect gifts or something from someone u dont want? u are not being fair. good thing he's outta the picture sha.

about lips and kissing, i totally agree! i'm a confirmed kissaholic and cant imagine marrying someone with lips that dont make me want to kiss.

I'm happy u are happy babe.

Unknown said...

I'm with Smaragd on this one. Haba girl, be content now. You've got the man you want now. Abeg leave X alone jare;-)

Anonymous said...

first of all you have major drama!!!
but my remedy to the 'not seeing yourself kissing him' thing is this- dont knock it till you try it!



geisha.song.

Aphrodite said...

@funms, thanks. Hope you are okay too.
@shona,lol...i hope he continues to behave too.
@mizchif, kissing is very important. thanks for agreeing.
@Fineboyagbero, you must eat ur words o!lol@U not accepting free sex from someone. Who want give you free sex sef? Sikira?lol...
@bumight, thanks for explaining dear. Get ur point.
@waffarian. You read all the posts? Wow!You totally brought a new perspective to everything. Thanks for that long comment. i appreciate.
@smaragd, well u are right sha. Good thing e no even spend im money. i would have felt guilty. You changed ur name, Hurray!!!i never liked esmeralda.
@naijalines, yes maam!But i wasnt holding X now...lol...
@geisha, yes am a drama queen, agreed. But if you look closely, you'll see that every one of us has some drama or the other. Life comes with drama!
that remedy, there maybe something there o....

Afrobabe said...

Happy belated birthday sweets, glad to see you so happy…That is all that matters…

Funny enough I also look at lips but I have been surprised, even shocked at some that turned my knees to rubber even though they didn't look it...

princesa said...

LOL!
Na reason abeg!
So its good bye to X. I don't know why but i kinda liked his determination.
Thot he would win at the end, well never say never!

Afronuts said...

Na wah oh, this search for Luf is getting complicated oh!

Buttercup said...

thank God O is behavin! im really happy for u..just enjoy the flow!

i also thank God that X is out of the picture, makin things easier for u..

eeya, bobo nice..y cudnt he just have sexy lips???

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

kai, O is really trying sha.

I laughed at the part about not finding the guys lips attractive.

Oh, good thing X is out of the picture, right?

Take care.

Abujamaiden said...

Lol@ the lips. You might actually get used to them!

doll (retired blogger) said...

Hey babes. U did the right thing by not goin 2 Ghana and by letting him go. Happier 2 knw things with O is goin ok

Aphrodite said...

@afro,lol...thanks for the belated wishes dearie
@princesa, am saying never o...
@afronuts,lol...its love not luf...
@buttercup, i should send you to ask him,lol...
@solomonsydelle,thanks
@abujamaiden, u think?
@doll, thanks babes.

Theresa said...

happy birthday belated sha1